PDA

View Full Version : Any major shows/finals for 3'3 A/Os??

chrissymack
Sep. 18, 2009, 01:52 PM
Are there any zone or national finals for 3'3" A/O hunters? I see Pennsylvania has a separate 3'3 A/O section by invite (top 25). Any others? No classics or anything for the A/Os?

Addison
Sep. 18, 2009, 04:22 PM
A bigger show than Harrisburg? I think the 3'3" A/Os is a fledgling type division and the managements of the bigger shows may see how it develops before investing too much time and resources into it.

perfecta11
Sep. 18, 2009, 04:53 PM
I think the only big indoor this year to have a division for the 3'3" A/Os is Harrisburg, though I can't recall if Capital Challenge is doing it or not nor do I know anything about M/S finals.

As far as classics go, any show that has a Jr/AO Hunter Classic or an A/O hunter classic is by definition holding a classic that 3'3" A/Os can compete in. If its classified A/O, there's nothing that says that just because you're jumping 3'3" vs. 3'6" that you shouldn't be allowed to participate in an A/O hunter classic.

JinxyFish313
Sep. 18, 2009, 05:07 PM
Do the 3'3" AO rules not state that you can't show that horse in anything higher (ie the regular AO Classic @ 3'6")? I don't know, I'm legitimately asking.

hideyourheart03
Sep. 18, 2009, 09:33 PM
Nope, the whole point is that you can do the 3'3" and the 3'6" AOs at the same show (where, in most zones, you can't do the 3' Adults and the 3'6" AOs at the same show).

JinxyFish313
Sep. 18, 2009, 09:41 PM
Seems redundant for the 3'6"ers and unfair for those who aren't doing the 3'6" yet.

trv_at_tacf
Sep. 19, 2009, 01:46 PM
Nope, the whole point is that you can do the 3'3" and the 3'6" AOs at the same show (where, in most zones, you can't do the 3' Adults and the 3'6" AOs at the same show).

I dont think that you can with the same horse. The rider can, but with two separate horses.. at least Im pretty sure thats what i read in a few different prize lists. Im in Zone 2.

Smiles
Sep. 19, 2009, 02:18 PM
You could show in all three division ie: not on the same horses in some zones. For instance I can do it in zone 5 (a/as, 3.3ft a/os, & 3.6ft a/os) if I had three horse that is. :lol: I also sort of wished they would have opened it up to aa to, but usef isn't going to change it. Its nice that harrisburg is holding the division for finals. I also like the fact that the price to attend for that division is a lot more user friendly.

clearound
Sep. 19, 2009, 06:03 PM
A bigger show than Harrisburg? I think the 3'3" A/Os is a fledgling type division and the managements of the bigger shows may see how it develops before investing too much time and resources into it.

At a lot of the AA shows that I have been to this year, there are more 3ft 3 A/Os than 3ft 6. I don't think that it is a fledgling division at all.

Wonder whether it will be at Devon next year?

EMWalker
Sep. 20, 2009, 03:36 PM
Capital Challenge has a 3 class "division" for the 3'3'' A/O's and so does Penn National this year.

Zone 7 will be having 3'3''s in their Zone finals but they are combined with the 3'6'' A/O's -- very stupid b/c it is it's OWN 'A" rated division. But since it's in it's first year I'm going to let it slide and not give our Zone president too much flack.

You can NOT compete on the same horse in both the 3'3' and the 3'6'' A/O's. The RIDER can compete in both divisions on different horses.

We have been competing in shows this year that combine the AO classic for all AO divisions -- each jumps their respective height but results are pinned all together.

For me, on a 3'3'' Pre Green horse, this has been a FANTASTIC division. She jumps much better then at 3'. I have had a blast and it really has helped me, personally, and I feel more confident to step into the 3'6'' ring next year.

EMWalker
Sep. 20, 2009, 03:39 PM
Wonder whether it will be at Devon next year?

There is no reason why it shouldn't be at Devon next year or have full divisions at Indoors. It is an "A" rated division and is here to stay so I would like to believe that shows will recognize that fact.