PDA

View Full Version : First time to Dressage at Devon

Saint's Partner
Sep. 18, 2009, 07:28 AM
This is the year I decided to pass on Rolex and visit D at D instead. Any tips? What are the not-to-be missed things to do and see? I'll be there Thursday through Sunday, and have all of my tickets. Thanks!

ablibby
Sep. 18, 2009, 10:16 AM
My friends and I go every year. We always make sure we make a trip to Ricks Heritage Saddlery ( great shopping) and fairly close to the show grounds. You also have to make to make sure you see the freestyle too. There is tons to see and a lot of shopping to at the show. You'll love it!!

Lora
Sep. 18, 2009, 10:52 AM
Sat. night (freestyle) is a total party.
You can bring in whatever you want (food, booze, drinks). In our group, we all bring something and pass it around in our group. fyi - You can also buy beer/wine/pop/food at the show grounds (but it isn't cheap).

Dress in layers - good walking shoes - I wear my paddock boots.

Try to stay in your seats during intermission (no poddy break) to see the exhibitions and the ring crew(they are a hoot).

My personal peev - leave your dog at home (I hate seeing people drag their dog around - especially if it rains (not allowed to bring them into the stands) and when it gets packed I have seen dogs stepped on (it isn't pretty).

MaresNest
Sep. 18, 2009, 08:06 PM
Don't miss the funnel cake and lemonade. :)

butlerfamilyzoo
Sep. 18, 2009, 08:25 PM
I second the funnel cake and lemonade... I think that was my favorite part...

Saint's Partner
Sep. 18, 2009, 09:26 PM
shopping AND funnel cakes. I can't wait. Thanks for sharing your know-how!

Susan P
Sep. 18, 2009, 09:33 PM
Don't miss the breed classes on Thursday and meet the Nokota horses, Native Horse of the Northern Plains, visit the stables and meet the horses. There will be 10 Nokota horses in hand in their own breed class.

Don't forget to pick up a copy of the DAD program and see the Forgotten Cats ad www.forgottencats.org (http://www.forgottencats.org) We are looking for a few good barn homes for homeless feral cats.

They will eat your mice if you treat them nice! :yes: