PDA

View Full Version : FORESTIER Bergerac? Anyone have one?

jumper
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:47 PM
I have a friend who bought one in France (a different model of the Forestier)...haven't seen very many here...does anyone have any experience with these saddles? I've done a COTH search and found some info on Forestiers but not this model. Thanks.

klmck63
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:10 PM
I have a Forestier 'Boeckelo' with doubled calfskin that I LOVE. The leather is beautiful, it fits my hard to fit horse very well and the monoflap is really comfortable. So far I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this saddle. I've had it for a year now. It broke in easily and still looks like new when it's all nice and clean! It got a small scuff on one of the knee flaps when I fell off but that's kind of to be expected when you drag your whole body against dear skin leather!

If the quality on that saddle is the same as mine I would definitely recommend it. Just a note, while their regular leather option oils a bit darker than you might expect in my experience. The leather on the dear skin sucks up gallons of oil and turns A LOT darker. That's the look I was going for, so it worked out well but if you don't factor that in you could have a nasty surprise!

You can see the colour it oils to here (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=68255&l=ce30582897&id=1640370101)

Lucassb
Sep. 18, 2009, 09:26 AM
Years ago I had a Forestier saddle - the model was called the Atlanta, I think (produced around the time of the Atlanta olympic games.)

It was a gorgeous, fabulous saddle and I have regretted selling it many times. Forestier makes great tack, and I would buy another one in a heart beat.

Carrera
Sep. 18, 2009, 11:31 AM
I had one and LOVED it. Fit many horses and fit me wonderfully. The leather and calf skin held up very well even under a lot of riding.