PDA

View Full Version : Schoolingshow attire

Koniucha
Sep. 17, 2009, 05:07 PM
I will be riding in a schooling this Sunday and I am not sure what to wear. All I have at the moment is brown suede half chaps and brown paddock boots. Is that okay? It has been many years since I have shown so I am nervous!

Not sure if this matters, but this will be a Gold Star Show here in Arizona.

hellerkm
Sep. 17, 2009, 05:10 PM
What does the prize list say? It usually says something about attire is acceptable for the day.

dab
Sep. 17, 2009, 05:30 PM
Not sure if this matters, but this will be a Gold Star Show here in Arizona.
That definitely matters, but I'm not familiar with your area so can't help you -- It might help if you change the title of this thread to 'Schooling attire in Arizona' --

It's also perfectly acceptable to call the show secretary if there's nothing in the prize list indicating what you should wear -- Attire varies widely at different schooling shows -- The secretary can tell you what most people wear -- Most are also likely to tell you not to worry if you don't have the 'right' clothes -- They want your money, and you want the experience -- It's just nice to know if you're going to stick out like a sore thumb before you get there ;)

Noctis
Sep. 17, 2009, 07:33 PM
The flyer for the show states that a helmet and boots are required and that chaps are acceptable. If you google "gold star schooling show az" the first link that pops up is for the show and they have a complete prize list/rules right there.

Koniucha
Sep. 17, 2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks! I checked it out and I guess I am okay. Can't wait!!

cnvh
Sep. 18, 2009, 08:48 AM
If it says chaps are OK, you should be perfectly fine wearing your half-chaps with breeches and a nice polo shirt.

I don't show very often, and I really only ever do schooling shows... but of the ones I've been to, there's a HUGE difference in what's the norm... some of them I do in half-chaps and a t-shirt, one particular schooling show gets the tall boots, hunt coat, hairnets, the whole shabang. Really depends on the show...