PDA

View Full Version : Britches without the saggy butt

Aerial
Sep. 16, 2009, 10:41 PM
ok so i have a pair of Ariat Brittany ( i think?) and my i get the baggy butt when i wear them..so i've been borrowing my trainer's and they're better for sure, but what brand is better about that??

sorry if that came across as really pervy, honest question here ha.

SkipChange
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:06 PM
My Ariats have the saggy butt dilemma as well. :mad: I am so angry about it. Great looking breeches until the material across the butt got all stretched out. Happened with Sport side and front zips ($100) but luckily I bought them for only $30 so no major loss. The All Circuits (a different material, $140) don't seem to have this problem.

twobays
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:15 PM
I think the solution is usually just to buy them pretty fitted. Obviously not show-every-bump-and-ripple tight, but you don't want to buy them already fitting baggy.

SkipChange
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:21 PM
Mine fit very tight when I bought them, size 22. The still fit nice and tight through the waist, thigh and calf. The material near the seam in the seat is just all misshapen for some reason, I could post a picture but I'm not sure I want to post a picture of that.

FAW
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:57 PM
Being a male, I haven't seen too many ladies butts that look good in breeches. No fault of your own, ladies! Just the way they are cut. Ya'll should unite and demand something better from breech makers.

tBHj
Sep. 17, 2009, 12:00 AM
I love my Ariat Brittanys. They fit great. It's the Ariat Calvary that I hate.

JinxyFish313
Sep. 17, 2009, 12:16 AM
Being a male, I haven't seen too many ladies butts that look good in breeches. No fault of your own, ladies! Just the way they are cut. Ya'll should unite and demand something better from breech makers.

It's funny that you say that. A non horsey guy friend of mine was looking at some pics of riders that I had taken down in Florida and he said "damn do those pants just make every girl's butt look awesome or what?"

I'm inclined to think I look terrible in breeches. Especially white ones. Yuck.

I don't think any of my TS breeches suffer from this saggy butt phenomenon. I have royal hunters, side zip trophy hunter and the low rise TS. No saggy butts (at least not the pants!). I've worn all for 12+ hour days a million times.

Go Fish
Sep. 17, 2009, 12:30 AM
For me, its not the britches. I have a saggy butt...:D

FAW
Sep. 17, 2009, 12:36 AM
There is just so many rounds you can watch at a horse show. Sometimes, being a male, you have to do some good old fashion girl watching. Too bad they can't make breech seats as good as jean seats. If they did that, I probably end up forgetting my courses I was memorizing...:-(

SkipChange
Sep. 17, 2009, 12:52 AM
It's just those dang Ariat Sports with the saggy butt! Oh and anything ribbed, oh boy does that make you look 10 lbs heavier. My Ariat All-Circuits are extremely flattering, IMO.

smm20
Sep. 17, 2009, 01:35 AM
I've found that the breeches with the Euro seat are not as saggy. I have a pair of the Tailored Sportsman low rise trophy hunters that seem to be holding up well.

I think that this type of seat is most flattering for the butt. Traditional tailored sportsmans, on the other hand, have the seam that runs at an angle across the side of the hip to the knee, which I think is most flattering for the thigh.

RyuEquestrian
Sep. 17, 2009, 02:43 AM
I was riding for Tim Stockdale last November and he even commented about how unflattering American breeches were on women (I was wearing Tailoreds at the time). I shall have to ask him what he recommends. I was mortified!

TheRedFox
Sep. 17, 2009, 08:49 AM
I have not bought breeches since 1998 so I cant comment on newer brands like Ariat. I have always worn Harry Hall and Kentucky and they are skin tight on my booty. I know you can find tons of Harry Hall breeches on eBay if you know what size you are. They are like a second skin and so are the Kentucky's.

caradino
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:02 AM
i show in an old pair of pytchley's that suffer from the sad affliction of saggy butt. none of my other britches are nice enough to step foot in the show ring, unfortunately! they fit nicely when i first put them on, but after a couple hours my butt is lost in them. dear bf is NOT happy about this. (he's a butt man :winkgrin:) i tell him he can buy me a new pair of show britches if it makes him that upset. hehe.

JinxyFish313
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:48 AM
hahaha I got boyfriend to buy me new TS breeches a few weeks ago, the conversation was something along those lines, caradino.

caradino
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:53 AM
hahaha I got boyfriend to buy me new TS breeches a few weeks ago, the conversation was something along those lines, caradino.

LOL! the conversation went something like, "babe... don't you have any tighter pants? those ones are so... baggy. i mean you have an awesome butt but those just look... weird. i think you should get some tighter ones."

"well i'd be happy to if you would like to fund the $100+ it would take to make that happen!"

"..."

Tha Ridge
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:56 AM
Pikeurs don't get saggy butt!

JinxyFish313
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:02 AM
LOL! the conversation went something like, "babe... don't you have any tighter pants? those ones are so... baggy. i mean you have an awesome butt but those just look... weird. i think you should get some tighter ones."

"well i'd be happy to if you would like to fund the $100+ it would take to make that happen!"

"..."

I almost got him to buy my low rise ones months ago too. He kept making fun of how goofy I looked in the regular granny rise royal hunters. I'm five foot nothing and extremely short waisted so they end up just under my chest and I do in fact look ridiculous with a show shirt tucked into them.

I want to try Pikeurs but I don't want to pay for them. I have no problem with the $130-220 that I spend on various TS breeches, but the Pikeurs are over $300 and that just seems like too much.

kellyb
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:02 AM
I don't notice saggy butt in my TS's. But then again, I have a lot of butt to fill the breeches with anyway, so they don't have much chance to sag. :D

jumpingmaya
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:19 AM
Pikeurs don't get saggy butt!

AMEN!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

caradino
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:48 AM
sigh if i wasn't such a cheapy-mc-cheaperson (or if DBF weren't so poor.. doublesigh) i would get rid of my ugly-as-sin-yet-indestructable hideous high-waisted mud-colored britches and buy me some bottom-flattering pants, and leave the saggy butt pytchley's for schooling. :)

TheRedFox
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:52 AM
Caradino, check out eBay for the pytchley's. I bet you could get a steal of a deal if you check in from time to time.

caradino
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
Caradino, check out eBay for the pytchley's. I bet you could get a steal of a deal if you check in from time to time.

totally where i got the saggy butt pair! for $30! i think i'll go for something with fabric that has a little more stretch next time though, the pytchley's don't have much 'give' and so they don't really hold their shape. thanks for the reminder about ebay! i must resume my stalking...