PDA

View Full Version : Antares - what do I own?

Hunter/JumperMom
Sep. 16, 2009, 06:10 PM
I will call Antares in the moring, but does anyone know how to read this,

Under the flap it says:

Selles Antares
France

RGN: 3ARE185

M20 PX3

N 185 01

I had the info and lost it, I think I asked here, but searched and can't find it.

bought this used and just trying to figure out what I have!! Does is say if its calf or Buffalo?

Thanks

pandasgirl
Sep. 16, 2009, 09:03 PM
The saddle is an '01, so it is 8 years old (not bad if in good condition)

Has a normal flap (indicated by "N"), so it is not a forward or elongated flap.

Should be an 18.5" saddle, however the format of the numbers is much different and I can't tell you what length flap or width of the saddle.

You can tell the difference between calfskin and buffalo because calfskin tends to be much more smooth and supple, and buffalo is usually very dark, and a bit "grainier".

If you can measure the length of the flap from the stirrup bar i can probably tell you what number it is, and measure the tree from dot to dot which will give you the width. Photo would help???

Hunter/JumperMom
Sep. 16, 2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks - then it is def calf skin and an 18.5 and def an 2001 model! will work on the rest. Thanks again

JA
Sep. 17, 2009, 07:24 PM
The flap is a 3A which is a long forward flap. A means it is forward 3 is the length
N does not mean it is a normal flap
it was 185th saddle made in 2001
M20 is the tree
PX 3 is the paneling

FYI I have a buffalo devoucoux and it is very smooth. The calf skin tends to be not as soft. Buffalo has a bit of a suede like texture when dry but if the saddle is properly conditioned then it does not.

It is not a good idea to use oil on buffalo because if over oiled it will cause the buffalo to become wavy. The greases Antares, Devoucoux, Butet etc make are best for buffalo