PDA

View Full Version : Ariat vs Tailored Sportsman - low rise fit

Duckz
Sep. 16, 2009, 07:03 PM
I have an opportunity to get a great price on Ariat Pro Circuit breeches. I currently have regular rise Tailored Sportsmans in 30L. The rise is super high on me, about an inch or two above my belly button. I also have the low rise TS breeches in the same size, they hit just at my belly button. I prefer the lower rise in the TS.

My question is, do the Ariats fit similar to the Tailored Sportsmans? I want a rise that hits at my belly button or just below. Anything lower than that and I wouldn't feel comfortable showing in them. Should I play it safe and get the regular rise Ariats?

Thanks!

shmon
Sep. 16, 2009, 07:06 PM
I have both regular rise and low rise TS and Ariat - the TS schooling breeches (low rise) seems to be the lowest of them all. My Ariat Pro Circuits are regular rise and are almost too high (and I am tall!). The All Circuit low rise fit really nicely (just below the belly button) and are very comfortable. I think the regular rise TS are in between the two Ariat styles. Hope that helps!

ETA - I would not wear either pair of low rise breeches with a shad. They just don't come up high enough. If you want a good pair of all purpose breeches that you can wear no matter what, I'd get the regular rise even though they irritate me a bit when I'm off the horse walking around because they are higher than what I'm used to wearing.

Duckz
Sep. 16, 2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks!! That's surprising about the TS low rises, my pair comes right to my belly button, I was surprised they didn't come lower on me. So maybe the Ariat low rises would be best after all.

Of course, it would have been helpful if I could have just tried them on when I was at the Dover store the other day, but they had exactly two pairs of Ariat breeches in the store! Needless to say, I wasn't lucky enough to find my size.

shmon
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:00 PM
Well, the TS schooling breeches are my lowest-rise pair. I actually have a pair of low rise Supreme Hunters too that do sit a little higher. My regular rise Supremes are right at my belly button and the Ariat Pro Circuit regular rise comes above my belly button.

I should probably note that I am about 5'10", have a 34" inseam and a medium to long torso, so take it with a grain of salt :)

Duckz
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:11 PM
You sound just about my size! I'm 6' tall, 34-35" inseam, medium torso. Hmmm. Well I talked to the tack store and they'll exchange the low rises for regular rises if I really don't like them. Thanks for the help! :)

chawley
Sep. 17, 2009, 01:07 PM
I own both brands, but more TS. I have the Trophy, schooling, Royals, and Supremes. The Royals are by far the lowest rise (and straightest through the hip) of all of them.

I'm built pretty straight through the hip, so the TS fit me better. The Ariats seem cut better for someone with a little curve. I'd say the rise is similar to the TS Trophy breech.

Skybox
Sep. 17, 2009, 05:58 PM
I would recommend the low rise in the Ariat. I have on a pair right now and they hit immediately below my belly button (I am 5'8".) They are definitely not super low. I also have TS Professional low rise and they are similar.

Noctis
Sep. 17, 2009, 07:38 PM
I love the low rise Ariats. I have the Pro Circuits (low rise) and they hit just above my belly button. The regular TS's hit me literally at my bra. I have a VERY short rise/waist so even super low rise hits pretty high on me! But they are VERY comfy!