PDA

View Full Version : USDF Convention, anyone going?

JRG
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:53 AM
I am playing with the idea of going down to Austin for the convention. I think it would be fun to go and get my Bronze medal. I coach I occationally lesson with has accepted all her medals at the convention which is what has given me the idea. Not to mention it looks like alot of fun. But I don't actually know anyone that is going, I am still a relative newby to dressage.

Anyone else thinking of going? Maybe mods will do a sticky for "room sharing"?

Anyone want to share previous experiences too. I would love to hear.

lorilu
Sep. 16, 2009, 01:44 PM
Not going, but have gone in the past.
If I were to get a medal, I would go for that.
Sometimes the sessions can be very interesting. And the symposium can be enlightening and inspiring.

But, there is no trade show this year..... even tho I understand the hotel offered the room FOR FREE.

WHO in leadership thought THIS is a good idea?????

L

Capriole
Sep. 18, 2009, 02:26 PM
There WILL be a trade fair. Early thoughts were not to have one, but there will be a trade fair this year.

Mardi
Sep. 19, 2009, 02:30 AM
How's the weather in Texas in December ?

Denali
Sep. 19, 2009, 08:48 AM
Depends on the day. ;) It's a little moody here in December. Could be 60's and sunny, could be 80, could be 40 and snowing. Who knows?

How's the weather in Texas in December ?

Pely
Sep. 19, 2009, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking of going. I earned my Gold FS bar this year. I am going to wait to see if I got anything in the HOY before deciding.

Congrats to all who are receiving awards

Zevida
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:11 PM
If I was getting an award I would probably go, but it is really expensive. Even though it is so close, I will probably end up passing.

Velvet
Sep. 19, 2009, 10:41 PM
Texas is better than anywhere else in December. Well, anywhere in the contiguous United States. :D Especially Austin. You'll get to see the Austin Christmas lights, and if you want, you can do a short drive to San Antonio and see their lights and even take a barge ride--since the weather is usually so great. Perfect time of year to go!

Jane Savoie
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:44 AM
I'm going! I'm actually doing 2 of the University sessions on Fri. One with Hilary Clayton and one by myself.

There will be a few trade fair type tables set up at the hotel. But there will be an official trade fair at the symposium itself. Good way to combine education (Jan Brink is awesome!) with Holiday shopping!

Olympussporthorses
Sep. 21, 2009, 10:54 AM
I live in the Austin area, so I will be there! I'll be getting my bronze medal I earned a year ago and hopefully a few DSHB awards.

pcwertb
Sep. 21, 2009, 12:15 PM
I'd love to see a thread on room sharing as well. I'm going for the TD session.

JRG
Sep. 21, 2009, 09:26 PM
"Room sharing", I don't think that would be a bad thing.

PCwertb, do you know much about the TD program? I would love to have a pm if you would want to share your knowledge.