PDA

View Full Version : What, no CN International thread?

Mozart
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:07 PM
How is that possible? What a competition. Sort of like Beijing all over again. Sapphire v Hickstead. That was quite a jump off, I think I was levitating off the couch.

Absolute text book ride by McLean.

Astonishing height by Hickstead (probably a little too much height, unfortunately ;)).

Two amazing horse/rider combinations head to head.

And what about those German rookies? Man, if that is your second string :eek:

What happened to Shutterfly and Meredith? After effects from the Nations Cup? Apparently she had been knocked unconscious the day before.

And Okidoki. I watched the Nations Cup, horse went into the ring okay. First round of the CN International, they had to gallop in from the warm up ring. Second round of the CN International, he had to actually dismount and lead him into the ring, there was no way he was going back in. Is this normal for him or is that ring just too much for him?

Also, put up your hand if you want Loving Dancer in your barn! Nice, nice horse.

LindsayK
Sep. 16, 2009, 01:26 PM
I was there and it was SO EXCITING! You'll never see me whistle, scream, or holler at a concert... but bring me to the CN international and I was jumping up and down and screaming and cheering until I lost my voice...

It was an incredibly exciting class, both Hickstead and Sapphire were incredible!

Meredith had a nasty fall at her last fence. Looked bad.. But she walked out of the ring.

I sat about 10' away from George Morriss who was ADORABLE to watch as he gets so excited! He's yelling into the ring "GEEEEETTTTTT" at every fence, and "WHHHHHOOOOAAAA" if they're going in to fast. SO FUNNY! He of course only does this with his own team... AND when Eric Lamaze was riding. So cute! That's right I used CUTE and George Morriss in the same breath! :)

All in all it was a GREAT weekend! They had a retirement ceremony for Authentic which was so nice. He was then in the barn so you could say your goodbyes. WHAT A NICE HORSE HE IS!

That's my story...

mikali
Sep. 16, 2009, 01:46 PM
Oh, me, me (waving hand enthusiastically in the air)!! Other than adding another grey to the list of those I already own and must clean, I would take Loving Dancer in my barn any day!

As for the jump-off, I think that is one to go down in the history books! Soo close... It was the :eek: hang time over that Chinese oxer from Hickstead (and the wider turn back) that gave McLain his victory. Of course, Sapphire is a superstar in her own right! So glad that she has the victory in the CN International attached to her career!!

BAC
Sep. 16, 2009, 02:30 PM
They had a retirement ceremony for Authentic which was so nice. He was then in the barn so you could say your goodbyes. WHAT A NICE HORSE HE IS!

That's my story...

Did they really retire Authentic or do you mean Judgement?

KnickerB
Sep. 16, 2009, 02:40 PM
Not Authentic, Judgement....

Mozart
Sep. 16, 2009, 03:18 PM
My friend reminded me that CBC used to replay the jump off as a split screen so you can see exactly where each made up time. That would be neat to see again. They are re-broadcasting it next Saturday night, maybe they will do the split screen jump off then. Two one hundredths of a second...that is about as close to a dead heat as you can get.

And I forgot to mention Lambrasco...yeah, I'll take him too....:yes:

BAC
Sep. 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
Not Authentic, Judgement....

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Janeway
Sep. 16, 2009, 07:27 PM
This was a great class! Thanks to CBC Bold I was able to watch all 3.5 hours of it live! (or rather tape delayed on my PVR so I could get rid of the commericals). Loved seeing it all! You get such a different perspective of the course when you see the good, the bad, the ugly and the best!

Can anyone explain what happened with the Mexican rider who pulled his horse out one from home, circled, then took a courtesy jump? I couldn't figure that out: I mean if you're going to do one more jump, why not finish the course and get the $1000 that everyone gets for finishing? :confused:

My favourite horse was Walnut de Muze.

eclipse
Sep. 16, 2009, 07:41 PM
I was there as well and it was awesome. I believe that MacLean won the jump off by doing 5 in the last line instead of 6 and he did it with no problem, plus Eric took off really long to fence 2 and landed a long way from it as well!! LOL Both were amazing. We had great seats, right in front of the CN last fence...perfect.

Words of Wisdom
Sep. 16, 2009, 09:03 PM
This was a great class! Thanks to CBC Bold I was able to watch all 3.5 hours of it live! (or rather tape delayed on my PVR so I could get rid of the commericals). Loved seeing it all! You get such a different perspective of the course when you see the good, the bad, the ugly and the best!

Can anyone explain what happened with the Mexican rider who pulled his horse out one from home, circled, then took a courtesy jump? I couldn't figure that out: I mean if you're going to do one more jump, why not finish the course and get the $1000 that everyone gets for finishing? :confused:

My favourite horse was Walnut de Muze.

Sometimes the $1000 is worth less than tarnishing your horse's record by having that many faults recorded.

LindsayK
Sep. 17, 2009, 02:56 AM
OOPS I MEANT JUDGEMENT :)

Mozart
Sep. 17, 2009, 11:51 AM
Also, how nice to see him back at the top of his game. I love watching him as he is the rider "anti-stereotype". An older, short, round guy kicking butt in a sport of tall, youngish, athletic looking types ;) I remember him giving an interview once where he was said he was introduced to someone as an Olympian and they could not stop looking him up and down in disbelief.