PDA

View Full Version : Best place to sell used tack/saddles?

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 16, 2009, 10:06 AM
I am in C-Ville, and already went to Crawfords, he is filled up with saddles..

Any other places? Where have you had the best luck?

They are both all purpose saddles. Corinthian and Tad coffin.

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 16, 2009, 10:07 AM
also, I have already contacted Tad Coffins organization, and they suggested Joe crawford!! lol

norcalammie
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:22 PM
I am helping a friend sell all her horse equipment accumulated over 40 years of riding and I am having the best luck on www.craigslist.com. Listing is free and you can add photos, you can do multiple ads for different types of things, etc. As she has lots of little items and tons of bits (many have sold already) I did an Excel spreadsheet as many people wanted a list of what is available. When someone inquired I would send a reply attaching the spreadsheet. Have about 3/4 of the items sold in a month.

JinxyFish313
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:41 PM
Middleburg Tack Exchange?

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 16, 2009, 10:21 PM
Middleburg Tack Exchange?

Do they consign saddles, or buy them wholesale and re-sell?

JinxyFish313
Sep. 16, 2009, 10:40 PM
I think everything in there is consignment...i know one of the tack shops in middleburg is, maybe its not that one?

Prima Donna
Sep. 17, 2009, 12:35 AM
Do they consign saddles, or buy them wholesale and re-sell?

They consign and take 25% for saddles, 40% for anything else. I actually just got my check in the mail from them today. They put the saddles up on their website so you get more advertising than most tack shops. Though if you go into the store, leave your wallet in the car. It is so easy to justify buying lots of stuff there since it is mostly cheaper even than e-bay!

JinxyFish313
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:52 AM
I went in there just to see what it was like and purposely left my wallet in the car. But I ended up going out to the car to get it :(

LoriW
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:07 AM
I've had good luck selling saddles on ebay

SOTB
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:32 AM
I was able to sell a couple of saddles very easily on Ebay.

HollysHobbies
Sep. 17, 2009, 11:08 AM
Haha--I think I saw your Tad listed on vaequestrian--it's too small for me though--17" right?

Crawfords already had a Tad Crosby in a 17 sitting there, so I wouldn't take it there--he way overcharges IMO.

I drove mine up to Middleburg Tack Exchange.

Good luck.

vxf111
Sep. 17, 2009, 11:10 AM
In addition to what has been mentioned, Bits and Barter, The Outside Course, and Tack Trader classifides.

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 17, 2009, 12:43 PM
I listed them on Ebay yesterday, as I am hoping for a very quick sale (2 days left)... But will take them to Middleburg if they do not sell on there.

Anywhere online that you can think of, where I could post the link for the saddles (any other forums that let you sell saddles, etc)? I knew of a few a few years ago that would let you sell tack without charging fees etc, but some of them have shut down since then.