PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Horse Boot Help

Ellie&Werther
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:03 PM
I just ordered a pair of Dressage boots for my horse and I'm going to have to send them back, and I'm at a loss as to what to get to try and replace them. I got the medium in front and the large hind boots by Equistar (http://www.dressageextensions.com/ProductDetail.asp?KEY=18492). I called Dressage Extensions to see if I could get a large front boot and a XL hind boot but the company does not make a XL size. My Hanoverian is only 16.0 H but he has a wide cannon bone, I currently ride him in Eskadron open fronts and ankle boots behind (my background is hunters) , but I need some real dressage boots. I would like something similar to the eskadrons, with no fleece and very to hose down after riding and hang dry.

Darko
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:13 PM
try woof boots, they come in a lot of fun colors as a bonus! I think they come in XL and are really easy to clean. They are an eventer favorite so you know they are durable!

Rival
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:38 PM
Dressage people care more about their clothes than their horses (ha ha. If you don't believe me just check out the rubbermaid bins they use instead of tack trunks (oh the horrors!)). The Eskadron boots should work just fine. I believe they sell a 3/4 hind boot if your worried the ankle boot isn't enough protection. If you want to be super fashion concious may I suggest the Verdus Piaffe boots...

JLC7898
Sep. 16, 2009, 08:14 AM
Eskadron makes dressage boots for horses if you like the brand. Smartpak has tons of new boots in their new catalog! Alot of choices!

scubed
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:42 PM
Toklat Valenas are really nice

Veredus also makes some cool fancy boots.

dbadaro
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
i have roma front and back boots. i think they make the sizes you are looking for although they are not specifically dressage boots.

Ellie&Werther
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:57 PM
i have roma front and back boots. i think they make the sizes you are looking for although they are not specifically dressage boots.

I saw those, I really like the Veredus but at about $350 total they are too rich for my blood and the price point on the Eskadrons dressage boots is only about $50 less for the whole set, and a full set of the woolf boots would be about $200. :eek: The Equistar boots, which were labeled by dressage extensions as dressage boots are listed on the packaging as galloping boots, so I was thinking of trying the Romas.

titansrunfarm
Sep. 16, 2009, 03:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dressage-Sport-Boots-White-4-Pair-lot-U-Choose-size_W0QQitemZ160360076813QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item255634960d&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

I have these, nice looking, hold up well, inexpensive, machine washable, come in a bunch of colors and available in large & X-large :)

Equibrit
Sep. 16, 2009, 07:11 PM
Just buy some U loop neoprene (hook-and-loop style backing) from http://www.foamorder.com/neoprene.html
cut to a suitable shape and length, sew on velcro and you have some very nice wraps for dressage, at very little cost.