PDA

View Full Version : Barns that spend all of february at the show grounds (WEF or HITS Ocala)

Beau Cheval
Sep. 15, 2009, 06:33 PM
This winter I am hoping to get a working student job for about 5 weeks in the winter. I am in highschool, but I am doing a study abroad program starting March 1, so I won't have a full course load during february (i'll be mainly focusing on two subjects, I think). I know that there are really good tutors on the show grounds at both WEF and HITS so I was hoping to find a barn to work for that would be there for most of the time so I could work with a tutor often enough to make this something my school would approve. Can someone further explain to me how the tutoring works, costs, etc.? There are barns that go down and stay at the show grounds for weeks at a time, correct?
If anyone has any recommendations of people to contact, I'd love to hear. I understand that it is unlikely a barn will want me for only 5 weeks, and I know that tutoring will take up some times, but I am going to start looking now so maybe I can find someone who would be amenable.
P.S. My parents are ok with me looking for this position, they are planning on talking to my advisor (a horse woman) and my division head, but I'd like to have as much information as possible going into that meeting.

BAC
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:20 AM
I think tutoring information is available directly from WEF's website, have you checked that? Not sure about Ocala.

Sparky
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:57 AM
We have a working student right now who is doing on-line classes. Maybe that would work better for you?

BAC
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:05 PM
Click on the Ocala tab on Hits' website (www.hitsshows.com) and under HITS information click on "education station" for lots of info.