PDA

View Full Version : What does your trainers fee include???

nlk
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:15 PM
What does your trainer fee at horse shows include. Local level and "A" circuit? Not including add ons but your basic everyday fee that you get charged first and always at shows??

ex) $50 per day,. Does this just include your trainer being there and coaching you? Does this include training rides? do they muck stalls and feed etc????

Just trying to get a general overview....I saw a few local BNT mucking stalls this weekend and was a little stunned as I have never seen it before:lol:

dghunter
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:25 PM
It's been a year since I've shown and can't remember the cost to be honest :lol: I think it was $100. That included schooling the day before over everything and then schooling before the classes. At some places he would go back and toss the night grain to my guy too since he lived so close.

gottagrey
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:09 PM
It depends on the trainer /barn and can vary dramatically from place to place. At my barn, we pay trainers a daily coaching fee and basically we take care of our horses ourselves. Most of the time we have a working student or paid helper that helps out - mostly helping the trainer i.e. please run back and get Sally the longer spurs, stick, other bit kind of thing. Other barns will charge day care, coaching, and something for the grooms + hotel/meals (which I think is sometimes a bit much because trainers can't write off those expenses and be reimbursed for them - its either one of the other, not both, I have a feeling many do both.. but thats my opinion)

DuffyAgain
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:37 PM
$50 per day for daycare. $65 per day for training. This does not include meals, hotels or rides by trainer.

WorthTheWait95
Sep. 15, 2009, 09:40 AM
We stable on our own so it's $100/day/horse each day I show with an olympic gold medalist trainer. That includes walking the courses, schooling prior to the class and a run down after on show days. We do our own thing on non show days. It's very hands off which I love. He's amazing and drastically undercharges if you ask me.

GrayCatFarm
Sep. 15, 2009, 09:47 AM
$70/day at show. Covers schooling every day, standing at the in gate with last minute pointers before you go in (no coaching during round!) and during round, and then immediate feedback on exit from ring. All those showing split cost of his meals, transportation, and hotel.

Giddy-up
Sep. 15, 2009, 09:47 AM
I pay a training fee per day. I meet my trainer at the ring (self care & do my own prep). We walk the course (jumpers), he schools me, I show & we discuss afterwards.

Trees4U
Sep. 15, 2009, 09:50 AM
At rated shows:

Was $100/day that included lessons on non-showing days, trainer rode pre-greens/lows, owner rode the amateur division. Did not include food/hotel. $20/day for groom to help/feed/clean stall.

We helped too as its nice to keep busy :D

spmoonie
Sep. 15, 2009, 10:17 AM
40 dollars a day: Training each day, will feed my pony for me if I cant get out there early enough, etc.

I take care of my pony myself (stall mucking, bathing, hay, water, etc). Honestly, I prefer it this way. I enjoy doing all of my own work. :)

starrysky
Sep. 15, 2009, 10:42 AM
Local circuit - $25/day includes: training ride and/or lesson the day before, training ride in the morning before show if requested, and coaching for the day of the show.

Trainer also usually feeds the horses the night before, and the morning of the show. I always pick my stall, feed hay and check water throughout the day. All of the riders split the hotel charge for trainer to stay close to the show grounds in case of an emergency, as our barn is 45-50 minutes away from the facility.

showmom858
Sep. 15, 2009, 11:06 AM
I pay $75 per day for coaching fee at the shows for DD and her horse. In addition it is $50 per day for the groom. On the non show days (when the horse is on the showgrounds) DD has to groom her own horse and help with feeding and mucking.

indygirl2560
Sep. 15, 2009, 11:09 AM
Trainer fee at my barn means the trainer is there to warm you up before your class, (possibly a light school if the horse is being uncooperative), go over your course with you, watch your round, and give you feedback on it.
It's usually $55/day at all shows; rated, schooling, etc (starting when the horse gets to the show and when the horse leaves)

Tha Ridge
Sep. 15, 2009, 04:57 PM
My trainer does training fees and day fees as one fee, so this includes rides (both show and schooling), grooming (tack up and untack, bathing, wrapping, longeing, etc.), schooling before classes, etc.

Things like meds, set-up fees, hotel and other trainer expenses are pro-rated. Grooms are tipped separately as well.

shawneeAcres
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:50 PM
I am a SNT (small name trainer! :lol:) and my fee includes whatever is needed! I charge a day fee which includes schooling the rider, getting on horse if needed, helping with EVERYTHING when needed, tacking up, picking a stall, cleaning boots, hoofs, brushing out the tail, going over courses before and after rides, loaning out tack when mom forgets it! You name it! I don't quabble over that stuff, whatever needs to be done so the student can concentrate on showing. That doesn't mean that many of my older kids (and even the younger ones) don't do their work, they REALLY do, but when push comes to shove, I am there. What it doesnt' include is hauling (that is separate), braiding when needed (extra) or actually showing the horse. Most of the time I never get on a horse at a show. I believe the RIDER needs to learn how to deal with issues, and only if they can't get a good handle on it, with my help from the ground, will I get on.

Oh I charge $25 per day including day prior to a multi day show if we haul in and school taht day

Blinky
Sep. 16, 2009, 01:02 PM
charge for show rides?

nlk
Sep. 16, 2009, 02:25 PM
charge for show rides?

Good question.... Can you clarify? Are we talking rides in the ring?????? So actually showing the horse???

Spud&Saf
Sep. 16, 2009, 02:33 PM
I have paid between $50 and $80 for ringside training, depending on the trainer.

I have paid $35 for day care in the past - but that only included feeding and one muck.

I now do all my own care and braiding, so I just pay for training or pro rides.

For a BNT to show, I have paid a flat rate of $80-$100 for the day. Others charge by the class - anywhere from $30-$40/class.

toomanyponies
Sep. 16, 2009, 04:24 PM
If you are at a full service facility you will ususally pay a flat rate per day (east coast only) that included training, lunging, riding, grooming etc. and runs from 100 to 150 ish/day. I know in CA you pay a day fee for coaching and then pay the grooms directly 50$/day/horse. Professional rides are extra. If you are at a self care barn, you pay a coaching fee, riding fee, and grooming fee at the show - maybe 75 ish, 50ish, 50ish,

zahena
Sep. 16, 2009, 05:28 PM
My fee only gets me. My kids are responsible for just about everything. Grooming/tacking/warming up, etc. I coach them in their warm-up, help them learn their courses and discuss, let them ride and then discuss afterwards. Anything else their parents do. I will paint hooves before classes and clean boots and noses (both kids and horses :)) and that's it.

Hauling fee is extra but I do the driving which is somewhat terrifiying for me!!!

toxicity
Sep. 16, 2009, 08:37 PM
$70/day, local circuit. Includes morning schooling, coaching during warm-up, at the in gate and feedback after the course. AM and PM grain. No training rides.