PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a lesson Barn in/near Carlsbad California

Rocky
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:57 AM
My signifigant other's daughter spends the school year in with her Grandmother in Carlsbad Ca, and I need barn reccomendations for her.

I asked this question last fall, got great responses from other COTHers, but none of the barns called us back....so thanks in advance for your suggestions.

She is 15, does w-t-c and jumps small (like 2') courses. She would be interested in showing on a local level.

Feel free to PM if you would rather not speak on the open forum

MR
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry, I can't help personally with SoCal barns, but you might try looking on BAEN or their "Southern California" site (see link at the bottom of this main page):
http://www.bayequest.info/

BAEN is primarily NorCal, but there are some posters from the south. The Southern CA board isn't as active, but should have barn links, etc.

Ponyaddict
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:34 PM
Strongly recommend James Waldman at Regency Show Stables. He's in Vista, about 10-15 miles from Carlsbad and does everything from beginners on up. His number is 760/643-1819. If you don't reach him, PM me and I'll have him call you. Here's his website www.quailhavenfarm.com - if you end up there, tell him Kelly sent ya!!

Iwantapony
Sep. 14, 2009, 09:10 PM
Ooooh, and if you drive to Vista you can go to Urbn Pizza on Main Street. Yum, yum, major yum. :winkgrin:

Jumper21
Sep. 15, 2009, 12:27 AM
You should try Haven Farms. They are located off Lone Jack Road in Wildflower Estates in Olivenhain. Depending on where in Carlsbad you are it's not too far. Their website is www.havenfarmsllc.com and their phone number is (858) 756-6937.
They also have a really nice group of kids at the barn.

Mardi
Sep. 15, 2009, 02:19 AM
Strongly recommend James Waldman at Regency Show Stables.

ditto