PDA

View Full Version : Parkview Riding School Long Island NY??

wentworth
Sep. 14, 2009, 12:49 PM
Anyone have experiences with this facility?

Any info would be helpful! Thank you.

Ozone
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:03 PM
It used to be called Bethpage Park Stables. I was there some years back under a different owner, who we all loved. So, I cannot tell you how it is ran currently but I can tell you the trails are beautiful if that is what you are into, miles and miles with one real open field, loved it.

The hack barn was non impressive nor was the older side/older stalls in the main barn. The off set isle in the middle was the safest stalls, newly updated. There is a huge rodent problem (actually gutter rats) which I am sure have yet subsided because of the old dump across the street. It was ran literally by children not sure if that has changed, the instructors IMO were really not qualified but again, maybe they have a pro in there now...

It was a true western barn with some converts of english. I believe western is still the main training source there but there is english riders.

I am not saying it was a bad barn or anything and perhaps things are different now. They used to have a website. Bethpagestable.com something like that.

Phaxxton
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:08 PM
Parkview used to be Bethpage? Isn't Parkview in Central Islip on Connetquot Park, while Bethpage Park Stables was in Bethpage? Or are there two Parkviews?

wentworth
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:20 PM
to clarify, Central Islip NY

Ozone
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:47 PM
Oooops. My mistake, your better off with the one in Islip :)

PineTreeFarm
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:25 PM
Anyone have experiences with this facility?

Any info would be helpful! Thank you.

What in particular are you interested in?
Lessons, trail riding, showing?

The nature of the inquiry will have a lot to do with the response.

Mtn trails
Sep. 14, 2009, 03:24 PM
It used to be called Bethpage Park Stables. I was there some years back under a different owner, who we all loved. So, I cannot tell you how it is ran currently but I can tell you the trails are beautiful if that is what you are into, miles and miles with one real open field, loved it.

The hack barn was non impressive nor was the older side/older stalls in the main barn. The off set isle in the middle was the safest stalls, newly updated. There is a huge rodent problem (actually gutter rats) which I am sure have yet subsided because of the old dump across the street. It was ran literally by children not sure if that has changed, the instructors IMO were really not qualified but again, maybe they have a pro in there now...

It was a true western barn with some converts of english. I believe western is still the main training source there but there is english riders.

I am not saying it was a bad barn or anything and perhaps things are different now. They used to have a website. Bethpagestable.com something like that.

A friend of mine used to work there and I went over one day to ride and parked on the dump side of the road. I saw this ginormous rat, the size of a labrador retriever, run under my car and I was terrified to go out there for hours! :lol: I thought it was still under there and would attack me!

The other Bethpage stable was pretty nice but yes, most of these places were run by kids. Man, that was a long time ago.