PDA

View Full Version : Seeking lesson barn - Holliston, MA area

easyrider
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone -- My niece is 12 and has been taking lessons once a week for the last four years or so. She's jumping up to 2' and is a good horsegirl (she's been helping me here on my farm). They just moved to Holliston from the Midwest, and are looking for a good barn where my niece can ride and hopefully, do a little showing on lesson horses. A 45 minute commute is doable but anything over that probably won't work. All recommendations (pro and con) are welcomed and greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

hj0519
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:34 AM
August Farm in Holliston...don't really know much about it but a girl I went to high school with rode there.

juststartingout
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:39 AM
There are a large number of choics in this area.

Woodridge Farm - www.woodridge-farm.com

Saddle Rowe - www.saddlerowe.com

Rising Star Equestrian Center - www.risingstarequestriancenter.com

Ridgetop Farm - www.ridgetopfarm.us

August Farm - mentioned above

Sage Farm

and others

Good luck finding the right match

easyrider
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks.

Punkie
Sep. 15, 2009, 09:51 PM
I highly recommend Rising Star. The school program is very well-established and has 4 trainers and a large group of awesome horses. There is also an IEA team if that is something she becomes interested in down the road. Definitely check it out and PM me if you have any questions!

touchstone-
Sep. 16, 2009, 07:05 AM
Another vote for August Farm! Great people there, lots of friendly kids, and many, many suitable school horses.

kdriding
Sep. 16, 2009, 10:16 AM
Another vote for Rising Star. :D

clompclomp
Sep. 16, 2009, 11:31 AM
another vote for August Farm...a great group of kids, especially around your niece's age, great lesson program, the IEA team sent both a middle and high school team to nationals and both teams placed. They go to local rated shows as well as having their own schooling shows so there are opportunities at every level.
www.rideaugustfarm.com
pm me if you would like more info

ExtraInnings
Sep. 16, 2009, 03:30 PM
One more vote for August Farm - the schoolies are as good as they come, and there are lots of great kids of all ages. The schooling shows are well run and there are lots of opportunities for riders who are new to showing. Feel free to PM me as well.