PDA

View Full Version : County Saddle Fitters

klmck63
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:26 PM
A County rep is coming to my barn next weekend and while I'm in no position to buy a new saddle (nor do I need one) I was wondering if they would check the fit on a saddle that someone already owns? I've had my saddle for a year now and my gelding has drastically changed shape. There are no signs of any pain but you can never be too careful!

I thought I would just check this route before I get around to finding a reputable saddle fitter in my area. I just moved so the guy I usually use is now 3000 miles away :(

JB
Sep. 13, 2009, 11:09 PM
Is it a County saddle?

I had asked my local County rep if she would service non-County saddles, and at the time she said she was so busy with County work that she wouldn't work on non-County brands.

So, I think it depends on the individual rep.

norcalammie
Sep. 14, 2009, 12:18 AM
My County rep is great and while I have a County she does check other saddles in the barn that are not County and has offered help in how to pad, etc. to make the saddle fit as best it can.

Depends on the rep I am sure and whether she/he is already in the area or not. Sound like you already have something scheduled so should not be a problem.

Across Sicily
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:09 AM
I know mine does.

horsepoor
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:36 AM
County rep in my area also services other saddles. I know she has helped evaluate fit on other brands and reflocked non-County saddles.