PDA

View Full Version : Hate saddle's suede knee pads -- fixable?

woweezowee
Sep. 13, 2009, 08:44 PM
My Pessoa is a great saddle; HOWEVER it's knee pads are a golden yellow suede which has started to wear off, looking a little awkward (half suede, half smooth under the knee).

Is there any leather treatment that could buff off the suede completely? Has anyone else considered or done this?

Trixie
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:00 PM
You can have the knee pads replaced, but if they're only ugly and still quite serviceable, I would not bother. It's a bit expensive - I think I was quoted $300-400 last time I looked into that particular repair.

sooner
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:04 PM
I would (and have) just saddle soap them. Treat the suede knee pads like the rest of the saddle and in a fairly short time they will flatten and become smooth like the rest of the saddle.

janedoe726
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:46 PM
I just had 2 knee pads replaced on an older saddle for $75 plus shipping. It had to be hand stitched, which didn't come out too pretty, but if it's for a schooling saddle, I'd highly recommend it. PT me if you want info on where I sent it!

poltroon
Sep. 14, 2009, 09:01 PM
My Pessoa is a great saddle; HOWEVER it's knee pads are a golden yellow suede which has started to wear off, looking a little awkward (half suede, half smooth under the knee).

Is there any leather treatment that could buff off the suede completely? Has anyone else considered or done this?

No one else will be bothered by it: it's not obvious when you're riding, and anyone seeing it without you in it will just admire a nicely broken in saddle.