PDA

View Full Version : CoTH meet up at Int'l Gold Cup Oct 17?

texang73
Sep. 13, 2009, 06:30 PM
I will be visiting my beloved NoVA the weekend of Oct 17 -18, and I would love to go to some races... are there any that weekend? Thanks. :)

I now plan to be there... not sure where (North or South General parking admission)... any one want to meet up? Where? When? :D

Barnfairy
Sep. 13, 2009, 06:45 PM
Why yes. The International Gold Cup races (http://www.vagoldcup.com/main.cfm) are on Oct 17.

Forgive me if I am being too forward in saying so, but perhaps you could run across Glimmerglass there (as per this thread (http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=220001) 'Not stalking you Glimmer! Honest!)

LexInVA
Sep. 13, 2009, 06:49 PM
There's the VA Gold Cup if you want to see that. Nobody has talked about getting together for those yet but they should do it now!

texang73
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:05 AM
Where's the best place for general admission parking? South? North? The last time I was there I was with Hunter's Rest and got some special privileges! :cool:

LexInVA
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:19 AM
Hell if I know, but a tailgate catered by J.Swan's House Of Ribs sounds like fun!

texang73
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:53 AM
Ooh, that does sound good!! Mmm... ribs.... :D

SteeleRdr
Sep. 14, 2009, 04:02 PM
I'll likely be there, but I'll be ZERO help with where to go. I'll be in the horseman's areas all day.

Glimmerglass
Sep. 14, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'll likely be there, but I'll be ZERO help with where to go. I'll be in the horseman's areas all day.

Any chance Homicide or his owner will be there? :D

VirginiaBred
Sep. 14, 2009, 05:55 PM
It's worth going just to meet Glimmerglass! :cool:

SteeleRdr
Sep. 14, 2009, 06:11 PM
Any chance Homicide or his owner will be there? :D

Nope. Sorry. Pete (Homicide) has been retired from racing. He had a throat surgery where the vet made a mistake, and his owner nearly lost him. He's now a show jumper (and a pain in the butt). I've got him in my barn right now :)

Hunter's Rest
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:18 PM
Uh (ahem) TexAng -- Helloooooo????!
I'll be there.
And Lex - sorry to burst your bubble - the VIRGINIA Gold cup is in May, this is hte International Gold Cup. Quite a bit different.
But TexAng - I am ALL OVER setting up a place to meet. I'm sure JSwan and WateryGlen are in, and some others too.
Who's in charge of this bus?
Glimmerglass??? What about it?

LexInVA
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:27 PM
It's not a bus. It's The COTH Yam Wagon! :D

Ishi
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:31 PM
I might be there, I just started galloping for a steeplechase barn aftrer the training center in the mornings. One of "my boys" won Saturday too, very exciting! I'm not new to galloping, but new to steeplechase, so far it's been a blast and when I don't have HTs I really want to go watch the boys run! As we get closer, I'll know more.

SteeleRdr
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:36 PM
I might be there, I just started galloping for a steeplechase barn aftrer the training center in the mornings. One of "my boys" won Saturday too, very exciting! I'm not new to galloping, but new to steeplechase, so far it's been a blast and when I don't have HTs I really want to go watch the boys run! As we get closer, I'll know more.

Which one was your winner? I was at Thornton Hill with my two boys (one who as the jockey put as he got off, needed to be shot. Not really though, he's gonna try to make is around the WHOLE course this weekend).

Ishi
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:42 PM
Whata Warrior. I just started there and rode him all week, he is a very cool horse, I was tickled when I came in this morning and she told me. Saturday I was supposed to go to Laural with a filly who was running, but it came off the turf and she scratched. I decided to take the afternoon and spent it at our farm instead, although now I'm wishing I went to watch!

LexInVA
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:44 PM
That sounds exciting!

SteeleRdr
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:13 PM
Whata Warrior. I just started there and rode him all week, he is a very cool horse, I was tickled when I came in this morning and she told me. Saturday I was supposed to go to Laural with a filly who was running, but it came off the turf and she scratched. I decided to take the afternoon and spent it at our farm instead, although now I'm wishing I went to watch!

How funny! My friend was riding him. Dot's such a nice lady! I'm sure you will have plenty to ride over there! I'm envious that she's now got Hey Doctor.

Ishi
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:25 PM
I got to ride Hey Doctor the day after he came. Wow :eek: what a horse!!! I check the board daily to see if his name is under mine. I hope you friend liked Warrior. He was the first horse I rode over there.

SteeleRdr
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, he didn't have high hopes going into the race, but Warrior had a good stretch run. He rode him this past Spring over hurdles.

I saw that Hey Doctor was in for this weekend at BR. Anything that comes from Kinross is a class horse! He had a pretty good spring season over timber, too.

texang73
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:38 PM
OK, so I just talked to Hunter's Rest after waaaaaaaaaay tooooo long absence and we have plans to go to the Cup together...

So, Wateryglen, JSwan, Glimmer, VABred, Ishi, et al where to meet?

And SteeleRdr, we'll just have to wave as you walk the paddock!

LexInVA
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:35 PM
It would be easier to meet up beforehand me thinks. So you're not running around trying to find people. Especially since quite a few of you don't know what anyone else looks like I would imagine.

Hunter's Rest
Sep. 15, 2009, 11:19 AM
Don't forget its opening day for Virginia Hunt Week that day, so some folks won't be exactly early to the races.
Perhaps we can set up a rendez vous spot (paddock? stable area?) just before the first?