PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Horse Blog

kkj
Sep. 13, 2009, 12:32 PM
Have you guys seen this blog: http://shameinthehorseshowring.blogspot.com/ ?!!
I googled the Tom Selek case and this came up. Crazy bitter and seems to be the self appointed horse police of every discipline who is prone to using many phrases I have not yet heard (ie. Trainwhore) and compound swear words with some imagination. I have to admit I chuckled when I read her profile of Pat Parelli in her "Knick Knack, Gimmick Tack, Trainer is a bone...head Updated".

Liz
Sep. 13, 2009, 03:27 PM
I would hate to live a life so full of anger. I tend to believe in karma.....you get back what you put out there.

Tiffani B
Sep. 13, 2009, 03:43 PM
Ditto. I feel very sorry for her family, to have to live with someone who so obviously has some quite serious anger management and self control issues.

kkj
Sep. 13, 2009, 05:42 PM
Angry yes, but creative. I would be embarassed to call her my relative...but she does have a sort of interesting perspective and sense of humor. If she could channel it into something a bit more uplifting.

PONY751
Sep. 13, 2009, 05:48 PM
I found the site to be quite funny. She obviously has some unresolved issues, but it is well written and creative. I have a feeling I will be checking it out from time to time to see what comes next.

P.S. Try to copy a line and post it. See what happens. (funny)

MistyBlue
Sep. 13, 2009, 05:57 PM
Okay...the knick knack gimmick tack comment is definitely: :D :lol: :D

Is it just me, or did a couple of those articles on there look like almost paste and copy reprints of some of Fugly's site? I haven't been on FHOTD in a while and could be remembering wrong but I've read some of those rants almost verbatim somewhere else before...pretty sure of that.

TheHorseProblem
Sep. 13, 2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for posting about this, because I found it really interesting. Talk about a time suck! She's mostly ranting about stuff that deserves her wrath. There's a video of a tiny kid barrelracing whose horse slipped and fell, and the kid was tied to the stirrups. About five adults rushed to grab the horse and the kid was not dragged--she was too small to be dragged, but her back or neck would have snapped had the horse bolted.

We dressage COTHers argue all the time about abusive training methods. It's interesting to learn about what trainers in other disciplines will do to guarantee a blue ribbon.

She sure can splice together some colorful words.:eek:

indyblue
Sep. 16, 2009, 06:14 AM
:eek:Interesting site.I can't really decide what Trainwhore means and I look foward to calling someone a jerkwad tomorrow.Some of those bit's are simply awful and I can't for the life of me think what would warrant using them.

springer
Sep. 16, 2009, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=indyblue;4377550]:eek:Interesting site.I can't really decide what Trainwhore means and I look foward to calling someone a jerkwad tomorrow.Some of those bit's are simply awful and I can't for the life of me think what would warrant using them.[/QUOT

LOL!!!! What is a Trainwhore? She definitely has the best interests of horses in mind. Gotta hand it to her for that.

kkj
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:43 AM
"Trainwhore", I think it is just a Trainer with a big "WTF" emphasized by the sound "huh" in the middle of it. That word creation really did make me laugh, as I pictured a trainer all decked out in his/her boots and breeches whoring for the hobos at the local train stop.

I worry a little about the anger, but I love the creativity and play on words.

rabicon
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:00 AM
Interesting. She seems a little anger at the world :lol: but its an intresting read. She seems to care but wow the anger in it.

SaturdayNightLive
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:02 AM
It's a funny blog, but the comments are of the same type as are found on FHOTD. Rabid, uneducated, mob mentality. Blech.