PDA

View Full Version : Maclay Regionals results?

Sing Mia Song
Sep. 13, 2009, 09:18 AM
There were no fewer than FOUR regionals yesterday (Central, Mountian, Northwest, and West) and not a peep on here about results.

C'mon people, fulfill your civic duty and give us Eq groupies something information! :winkgrin:

phoenix mom
Sep. 13, 2009, 09:41 AM
I believe Tess Fortune on Double Delight won in Mason City IA. She trains with Kyle Dewar in Oconomowoc Wi. at Chestnut Hill Farm.

Coreene
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:13 AM
Zone 10: 1. Cayla Richards 2. Theodore Boris (whom 99% of the people there thought should have won) 3. Jocelyn Neff 4. Saer Coulter 5. Lucy Davis 6. Gabbi Langston 7. Olivia Esse 8. Samantha Harrison 9. Demi Stiegler 10. Sophie Verges. Really nice forward course that you couldn't ride as a perching passenger, and way more refusals than you'd have expected, but all in all a much better group of rides than in the past few years.

hasahorse
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:37 AM
1 Caitlin Ziegler
2 Jessy Ramljak
3 Laura Baginski
4 Eirin Bruheim
5 Kalvin Dobbs
6 Emily Auer
7 Ellie Bernstein
8 Abby O'mara
9 Natalie Liberman
10 Madison Leigh Games
11 Jordan Weaver
12 Nora Lave

Results from last night's regional in Missouri. Phoenix Mom, there is no regional in Mason City. That would have been a regular Maclay qualifiying class.

neutral milk hotel
Sep. 13, 2009, 04:24 PM
Does anybody have NW results?

*horsiejumper*
Sep. 13, 2009, 04:47 PM
Northwest.
1) Cassandra Kahle
2) Colleen Biemer
3) Garrett Schmidt
4) Amanda Moore
5) Alexa Anthony
8) Rebecca Sexton
Sorry thats all I remember....

TB110
Sep. 13, 2009, 06:33 PM
Where were the zone 10 regionals held?

Release First
Sep. 13, 2009, 07:19 PM
Oaks

Plumcreek
Sep. 13, 2009, 07:58 PM
Mountain Regional:

http://www.leg-shows.com/colorado_news_details.php?news_id=223

I watched the class and sorry, I do not know the junior riders and did not have anything to write with. A very nice rider was second on a wonderful bay that could not have been over 15.2 hands. The winner's horse was flawless and flowing - what a nice ride! What I really liked about the class was the 4 workoff riders had to go to a remote corner right out of the flat work and do the verbally described workoff course without coaching or talking to each other.

The work off course was: Hand gallop out of line up directly to the 1st, counter canter a tight 3/4 circle to the 2nd, canter up to a turn leaving a few strides to trot the 3rd fence, then a 4 stride or so to a wingless skinny 4th, halt. Then canter straight up the center with 3 changes of lead back to the line up corner. There were 12 - 14 in the class and announcer said 3-4 would go on.

Peggy
Sep. 13, 2009, 08:07 PM
Rounding out the top ten (ditto on the Theo Boris comment, BTW) as copied from a list at the back gate.
11. Allison Fithian
12. Holly Dickinson
13. Kilian McGrath
14. Navona Gallegos
15. Carolyn Ingalls
16. Haley Webster
17. Haley Jacobi
18. Zoie Nagelhout
19. Rachael Thurman
20. Audrey Coulter

Thirty five showed of the 36 entered. The course, IMHO, was a good balance b/w last year's course (too easy, possibly in reaction to the carnage the previous year) and the one two years ago. You had to flow, use your eyes and not stop riding. There were a few kids that were a bit green, but the riding was overall quite good. My trainer did comment on the relatively large number who looked down to check their diagonal in the jumping phase.

The flat work was the usual disappointment (W-T-C, sitting trot). They hacked in two groups. The first group was the lower scores and had 17+ (not sure--they read the numbers too fast for me to get all of them). Second group was 14 riders. There wasn't much movement in the top group after the flat, assuming they were called back in order.

There was a work-off of the top five! The top two were both good and stayed in the order called in. Jocelyn moved up to third when two of the five had counter canter issues.

Link to complete list of entries, with horses: http://www.horseshowtime.com/showorderofgo.asp?Show=2716

Course diagram posted--not 100% sure of workoff.

Sorry about the lack of prompt reporting, but I got home from the Oaks at 11 pm and had an 8 am lesson this morning.

Wanderluster
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:18 PM
Great reporting as usual Peggy. ;) Looking down to check diagonals at that level is NQR good call from your trainer.

Coreene
Sep. 14, 2009, 12:44 AM
It was a big eye-opener, all those kids checking them. And, sadly, a few VERY poor sports. And, sadly, mama chimin' right in with one of them. :no: Jolly bad form, that.

TB110
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:50 AM
It was a big eye-opener, all those kids checking them. And, sadly, a few VERY poor sports. And, sadly, mama chimin' right in with one of them. Jolly bad form, that.

Having been to lots of shows and having seen many of the riders on this list compete I can only imagine whose mama was chimin in - probably can actually guess. My daughters love for the eq arena diminished early on and I can't say that I am really all that sad about it.

Coreene
Sep. 14, 2009, 05:35 PM
I can only imagine whose mama was chimin in - probably can actually guess.No, probably can't on this one actually. But feel free to PM me with your guess and I will tell you if you are right or not! :lol:

Sing Mia Song
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:05 PM
Sorry about the lack of prompt reporting, but I got home from the Oaks at 11 pm and had an 8 am lesson this morning.

Your excellent report (and bonus point for posting the course and the test) earns you forgiveness. :winkgrin:

Hunter/JumperMom
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:34 PM
this weekend is zone 1 and zone 2, are there any others left to run?

dauphine2
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:00 PM
Is there a list anywhere of who's qualified for Zone 1 and Zone 2 regionals? I'm hoping to make it up to both this weekend, broken elbow and all! I've suckered my dad into taking pictures while I video tape. Our new camera is far too big for me to use with one hand! :lol:

Did any COTHers qualify?

hasahorse
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:26 PM
The qualifier in Kentucky is this weekend also.

Hunter/JumperMom
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:27 PM
what kind of camera are you using for videoing> My daughter is riding a new horse - first lesson is tomorrow! and competing at Westbrook, and one of the stipulations is I video the rounds for the owner! I don't have a working camera so need to get one quick and don't know what to get!!

Amigo
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:32 PM
dauphine2 --

I qualified for Zone 1 so I'll be there this weekend! :cool:

dauphine2
Sep. 14, 2009, 09:17 PM
what kind of camera are you using for videoing> My daughter is riding a new horse - first lesson is tomorrow! and competing at Westbrook, and one of the stipulations is I video the rounds for the owner! I don't have a working camera so need to get one quick and don't know what to get!!

Honestly, I don't really know. My dad bought it to film demonstrations for his company, I'm just stealing it for the weekend. I don't even know how to get the video onto the computer! :lol: I've heard good things about Sony camcorders, though. I think you could probably get one for around $200.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

dauphine2 --

I qualified for Zone 1 so I'll be there this weekend!

Yay! I love taking pictures of people from COTH. It makes me feel like I actually know somebody there. Because usually I don't. :lol: Congratulations on qualifying!

Hunter/JumperMom
Sep. 14, 2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks, funny, I just went for it it and found a canon, delived for around 350. I'm looking at as being much cheaper than a lease fee for finals!! hahaha I have an older camera wiht the mini dvd disc thing, but we can never get it to work!

I will use it first at Old Salem for the national pha class, then off to westbrook for the maclay! gonna be a crazy weekend!

Tex Mex
Sep. 14, 2009, 09:33 PM
A couple of people made comments suggesting that perhaps Theo Boris should have won instead of Cayla Richards in the Region 8/Zone 10 final. I didn't see the class but I did read this review in the Equestrisol newsletter:

The ASPCA Regional Finals
Saturday evening - September 12, 2009
The ASPCA Maclay Horsemanship class was first held 76 years ago, and has remained one of the most prestigious competitions for junior riders (ages 17 & under). Past winners and top finishers include recognizable West Coast names such as such Bernie Traurig (1961), Fred Bauer (1970), Francie Steinwedell-Carvin (1977), Lauren Kay (1990), Keri Kampsen (1997), Nicole Shahinian Simpson (1992), Richard Spooner (Reserve Champion, 1988), Matthew Sereni (2003) and Jamie Taylor (Reserve Champion, 2002). Riders who competed in the Region 8 (CA, HI, NV) Maclay Regionals on Saturday qualified by earning 25 points as of August 31, 2009.

Medal riders had to pick and maintain a marching pace to master the course that Scott Starnes set for Saturday night’s Regional Finals. Of the twelve efforts, the toughest part seemed to be fences four through eight, which included a short turn off the corner to a hay bale vertical in three long strides to an oxer-vertical one stride directly to another three stride line, followed by a right hand turn to vertical-vertical one stride combination to a sharp right bend in a long five to a fan oxer.

After thirty-four rounds, judges Chrystine Tauber and Leo Conroy brought back twenty-eight riders in two groups of fourteen for the flat phase. In this final the flat counts for 50% of the total score. At the conclusion of the second group, five riders were asked to remain in the ring – Jocelyn Neff, Lucy Davis, Saer Coulter, Theo Boris and Cayla Richards. The work-off included six jumps, a difficult counter-canter turn, a halt and a hand gallop to the last fence. Neff nailed it. Surprisingly Davis had some trouble that included losing her counter canter. Coulter also lost the counter lead in the final two strides. Boris rode in his usual soft yet confident style. However his halt was a bit brief and his bold hand gallop took him slightly past his distance. Fresh off her CPHA Medal Final win, Richards kept her cool and performed all the tests flawlessly for the win.

Click the results link for a list of the 16 top placings, who are invited to compete at the National Championship held at The National Horse Show on October 31st in Syracuse, New York. Good luck to all those who are heading east later this fall.

I feel it was important to post this because although both of these kids are great riders, Cayla is probably a more consistent winner in the big classes than anyone, so I hate for anything to be taken away from her. She is an exceptional rider. I can imagine that Theo's flatwork may have stood out more, Cayla is such a tiny little thing. But this review of the class made it sound as if she absolutely deserved to win.

Peggy
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:32 PM
No argument with the fact that Cayla stayed on top after the work-off after presumably being called in on top after both the jumping and flat phases. And there is that assumption that the order they were called back in was the order of preference.

Just a slight disagreement about her being called in over him, even after the flat phase. From where we were sitting his jumping round was slightly better and nothing happened on the flat to change their relative placing. But that's the joy of a judged sport and both rode beautifully. And, all in all, IMHO the judging was remarkably fair.

Alterrain
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:43 PM
I thought they were both awesome! I think the halt made the difference though. Theo's horse halted then moved like a sidepass type thingy, so he just picked up the canter. Cayla's horse stopped dead square and she held it for the full 5 secs. It's a shame they don't give a Best Horse Award. Saer's horse would get it for sure. He is unbelievable! Her distance to one oxer in the first round was SOOOO long and he made it look perfect. I want him !

Coreene
Sep. 15, 2009, 12:24 AM
Peggy, agreed. And here's hoping the Zone 10 riders do well at Indoors! :yes:

Coreene
Sep. 15, 2009, 02:03 AM
You know what I did notice, aside from far too many looking down to check diagonals? That a few of the horses had really dingy socks. Now I know it wasn't showing on the line, but let's get real: takes very little time to get white socks white. The two lovely grays in the class absolutely sparkled - too bad the turnout for a few skipped betwen the knee and coronary band. Just an observation!

showmom858
Sep. 15, 2009, 12:18 PM
Peggy - Thanks so much for posting the course. We did not go up to the Oaks to watch as it was too busy for us that day and unfortunately our barn did not have anyone competing in the Maclay regionals this year. I printed out the course and DD is taking it to the barn today to look over with the trainer. In the past the trainer has built a similar course to the one at the regionals for the girls to work on.

It sounds like it was a great class. Congratulations to all the Zone 10 kids who did so well!

Moli
Sep. 15, 2009, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know who the judges were in St. Louis for the medal?

justfacts
Sep. 15, 2009, 04:49 PM
St. Louis judges were Randy Roy and Frank Willard.
http://www.phelpssports.com/viewarticle.php?id=11232

Wizard of Oz's
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:10 AM
Not really sure what zone it is, but I'm pretty sure there's a regionals at the Kentucky National this weekend.

Moli
Sep. 16, 2009, 08:44 AM
Thank you, justfacts. Do not wish to be snarky, however, Phelps Sports is PAID by the riders (or their family) to put those articles out in print. I appreciate your sending the link, but reading about some one who's family paid them to write that article is not exactly my kinda thing. Self-aggrandizement is soooo unbecoming in any circle. That generation of children is considered "special" no matter what they do or do not do......so to pay a promotional company to write glowing articles about them does not exactly promote the level of sportsmanship that some of us are seeking for our youngsters or adults.
But again, thank you for finding that information for me.

Sing Mia Song
Sep. 16, 2009, 01:01 PM
Thank you, justfacts. Do not wish to be snarky, however, Phelps Sports is PAID by the riders (or their family) to put those articles out in print.

Don't they also rep the horse show? I'm not a member of PMP, so I can't see if they also wrote press releases on the other regionals. I know they do have other shows as client, not sure if the National (or just the Maclay part) is one of them.

cantercutie
Sep. 17, 2009, 01:21 AM
Thank you, justfacts. Do not wish to be snarky, however, Phelps Sports is PAID by the riders (or their family) to put those articles out in print. I appreciate your sending the link, but reading about some one who's family paid them to write that article is not exactly my kinda thing. Self-aggrandizement is soooo unbecoming in any circle. That generation of children is considered "special" no matter what they do or do not do......so to pay a promotional company to write glowing articles about them does not exactly promote the level of sportsmanship that some of us are seeking for our youngsters or adults.

Sorry, don't want to be rude, but I don't think that's exactly true. I have been featured in an article on Phelps Sports and mommy and daddy definitely didn't pay them to interview me after I won champion. From what I understand, Phelps Sports sends writers to shows to report on the shows and also receive articles from guests who want to get their show in the news or what have you. The press releases from PMG are paid for by the barns that send them out or the organizations or whatever. The article about the California riders was part of a bigger article about the Grand Prix that weekend, it was kind of a 'highlights' from the show done by a Phelps Sports correspondent.

Press release section: pays to be up there
Articles: what Phelps Sports subscribers pay to read

I cannot comment on the particular class as I was not there and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but both riders qualified for the finals so best of luck to them in Syracuse!

countrcanter
Sep. 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
Any news from old salem?

Hunter/JumperMom
Sep. 18, 2009, 06:27 PM
Zone 2 is there on Saturday, and Zone 1 is at Westbrook on Sunday.

MHM
Sep. 18, 2009, 07:24 PM
Zone 2 is there on Saturday, and Zone 1 is at Westbrook on Sunday.

That will be a LONG weekend for some of those trainers with kids at both locations! :eek:

BlueBobRadar
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:02 PM
Any news from Old Salem? Any websites that could possibly have the results? I can't find any online... :(

Cabernet
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:41 PM
The Kentucky National Horse Show hosts the Zone 5 qualifier annually. Past winners (in this decade) include the Jaynes (Maggie, Charlie, and Haley!). My favorite tonight is Laura Pfeiffer, fresh off her 3rd place in the International Hunter Derby Final last month. Her brother Henry was a close second a few years ago in a very memorable work-off. I wish I was there tonight!

TeriKessler
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:46 PM
Zone 2: Christie distephano, Christina Lin, Jackie Lubrano, Tina Dilandri were the top 4

BlueBobRadar
Sep. 19, 2009, 08:37 PM
Zone 2: Christie distephano, Christina Lin, Jackie Lubrano, Tina Dilandri were the top 4

Thank you very much!:)

Anyone know how many (total) made it?

Limone
Sep. 19, 2009, 09:01 PM
does any one have top 10 or more by any chance?

danosaur
Sep. 19, 2009, 09:02 PM
I qualified! I'm at westbrook right now :D
I'm first in the order for the medal tomorrow. should be interesting...
does anyone have the rest of the placings for zone 2? How was victoria birdsall?

grab_mane
Sep. 19, 2009, 09:11 PM
The Kentucky National Horse Show hosts the Zone 5 qualifier annually. Past winners (in this decade) include the Jaynes (Maggie, Charlie, and Haley!). My favorite tonight is Laura Pfeiffer, fresh off her 3rd place in the International Hunter Derby Final last month. Her brother Henry was a close second a few years ago in a very memorable work-off. I wish I was there tonight!

Do you know where I can find those results (once they are posted...i know they aren't posted yet)??

hideyourheart03
Sep. 19, 2009, 10:35 PM
The Kentucky Regionals results will be on Horseshowsonline.com under the Kentucky National, but aren't up yet.

giddybiddy
Sep. 19, 2009, 10:42 PM
I qualified! I'm at westbrook right now :D
I'm first in the order for the medal tomorrow. should be interesting...
does anyone have the rest of the placings for zone 2? How was victoria birdsall?

GOOD LUCKKKK!!!

SSFLandon
Sep. 19, 2009, 11:51 PM
anything from zone 5 yet?

justathought
Sep. 19, 2009, 11:54 PM
Any Zone 2 results beyond the top four?

dcm
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:20 AM
sry, posted wrong class... :(

gmv567
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:26 AM
Where did you get the zone 5 results? Girls from here in MI did well!!! Laura, Emily, Jordan, Cassie, and Eliza. WOW! Thanks so much for posting.

dcm
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:31 AM
Where did you get the zone 5 results? Girls from here in MI did well!!! Laura, Emily, Jordan, Cassie, and Eliza. WOW! Thanks so much for posting.

Yes, they did! Surprised to not see Kelsey W there.

http://www.horseshowsonline.com/ClassResults.aspx is where i got the results.

gmv567
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:36 AM
Yes, they did! Surprised to not see Kelsey W there.

http://www.horseshowsonline.com/ClassResults.aspx is where i got the results.

Where did Kelsey end up?

And why won't it let me see the results? It doesn't show any results for that class?

<3Horses908
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:37 AM
Zone 2 Maclay Regionals:
1. Christy DiStefano
2. Christina Lin
3. Jackie Lubrano
4. Tina DiLandri
5. Lillie Keenan
6. Kelsey Hart
7. Madeline Turner
8. Reed Kessler
9. Olivia Clancy
10. Sam Schaefer
11. Grace Carucci
12. Anna Becker
13. Sara Green

Fiction
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:46 AM
Zone 2 Maclay Regionals:
1. Christy DiStefano
2. Christina Lin
3. Jackie Lubrano
4. Tina DiLandri
5. Lillie Keenan
6. Kelsey Hart
7. Madeline Turner
8. Olivia Clancy
9. Reed Kessler
10. Sam Schaefer
11. Grace Carucci

I'm fairly certain Caitlin Richardson was 10th. And Anna Becker was 12th.

Smiles
Sep. 20, 2009, 01:14 AM
Those results for zone 5 are wrong. Those are for the zone 5 horsemanship class not for the maclay which is not up on the site yet.

gmv567
Sep. 20, 2009, 01:25 AM
OK that seems right. Thats why I couldn't find the results.

dcm
Sep. 20, 2009, 01:43 AM
Where did Kelsey end up?

And why won't it let me see the results? It doesn't show any results for that class?

Click on class results once you are in the Ky national. Drop down menu for select a class - #222 Zone 5 Horsemanship. I do see the bottom two result lists are 222A and 222B - flat and o/f. Kelsey is not place o/f but is 3rd in flat. Somehow that seems odd. :confused:

dcm
Sep. 20, 2009, 01:56 AM
Those results for zone 5 are wrong. Those are for the zone 5 horsemanship class not for the maclay which is not up on the site yet.

Bummer. Oh well. I thought it was odd the flat/of comb did not reflect the top placers.

So, what's so difficult about putting the placings up? It can't have gone past 10pm. At least it hasn't in the past.

<3Horses908
Sep. 20, 2009, 10:27 AM
I'm fairly certain Caitlin Richardson was 10th. And Anna Becker was 12th.
Samantha Schaefer was definitely 10th. Not sure about 12th

findeight
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:06 PM
Click on class results once you are in the Ky national. Drop down menu for select a class - #222 Zone 5 Horsemanship. I do see the bottom two result lists are 222A and 222B - flat and o/f. Kelsey is not place o/f but is 3rd in flat. Somehow that seems odd. :confused:

There were 3 phases of the zone 5 horsemanship-written test for 25%, flat for 25% and over fences for 50%. With the O/F weighted more heavily here, that would explain it.

I just looked at the link and they have class 217 Maclay up, Laura Pfeiffer on top.

gmv567
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:46 PM
217 is not the regional class... I can't wait until they actually update!!!!!!

khobstetter
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:52 PM

Moli...I write quite regularly for Phelps Sports (have for years), as do other writers across the nation. We do it because we LOVE to get the information out, we could make more money working at the local Starbucks. We are not paid by anyones family, we are paid the normal phaltry fee that writers make....not much. We do it because we LOVE this sport.

Phelps Media is different that Phelps Sports..yes they areowned by the same, BUT they are different companies. As such, one is for news and the other is for PR...neither the tweene shall meet for those of us doing articles.

I can only tell you my experience as their main writer in California......I was expressly told NOT to EVER take into account who is or who is not a client. I was told to write what I see and IF ANYTHING, go for the other guy if there is a conflict. It makes it pretty free to do what we see. OF COURSE we have our own filter, but I for one can tell you that Phelps Sports has been adament for us to never take into consideration who is or isn't a client of Phelps media.

Hope this clarifys a little, at least from this side of the country!

equushauler
Sep. 20, 2009, 02:54 PM
Anna Becker was 12th and Sara Green was 13th. 84 showed.

Showsheen
Sep. 20, 2009, 04:18 PM
Anyone clever enough to write the trainers of the top three or five of the Zone 1 & 2 regional Finals?
I am curious if the usual cream rose to the top, trainer wise?!

spina
Sep. 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
Go Khobstetter. I believe several apologies are in order, Moli, starting with Caitlin Ziegler, a hard working, talented and beautiful rider who certainly didn't deserve that spewing of mis-informed snark.

As far as I know, the zone 2 top 5 were:

1. Christy DiStefano - Stacia Madden
2. Christina Lin - Andre Dignelli
3. Jackie Lubrano - Stacia
4. Tina DiLandri – Karen Healy
5. Lillie Keenan - Andre

zone 1 top 5 still a mystery.

adhock
Sep. 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
Stacia and Andre dominated. Karen Healey totally dominated Zone 10 in the Regionals and the USET final-West. On a totally personal note, go Stacia and Karen and your kids...

backinthesaddle
Sep. 20, 2009, 05:49 PM
Any zone 1 results yet?

Piggiejump
Sep. 20, 2009, 05:56 PM
As far as I know, the zone 2 top 5 were:

1. Christy DiStefano - Stacia Madden
2. Christina Lin - Andre Dignelli
3. Jackie Lubrano - Stacia
4. Tina DiLandri – Karen Healy
5. Lillie Keenan - Andre

zone 1 top 5 still a mystery.

Tina has been riding with Heritage since the winter circuit. 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th were also Heritage students :yes:

candl615
Sep. 20, 2009, 06:14 PM
Zone 1 Regional Results
1. Zazou Hoffman
2. Taylor Harris
3. Kelly Tropin
4. Nicole Pizzi
5. Michael Hughes
6. Olivia Jack
7. Alexandra Arute
8. Emily Dalessandro
9. Samatha Elser
10. Sydney Smith
11. Nancy Vinal
12. Zoe McGee
13. Grace Rogers
14. Julia Fowler
15. Kelly Lively
16. Devon Wood
17. Ryan Sassmannshausen
18. Rebecca Clawson
19. Colby Wood
20. Tess Renker
21. Alexandra Carlton
22. Olivia Trueb
23. Natalie Crane
24. Alexa Bayko
25. Danielle Kaidanow
26. Elizabeth Kenny
27. Tess McMahon
28. Anna Kluger
29. Katie Tyler
30. Abby Bertelson
31. Rachel Crown
32. Lexie Lohrer
33. Olivia Dorey
34. Alexandria Pelligrini
35. Samantha Smith
36. Olivia Smith
37. Larissa Laffey
38. Andrea Robbins
39. Hayley Leavitt
40. Alison Rose
41. Emma Schauder
42. Emily White
43. Laura Hinsdale
44. Evelyn Graff
45. Caroline Renker
46. Michael Jansen
47. Kendal Milkey
48. Britta Carlson
49. Lilly Johnson
50. Leah Chenelle

neigh.neigh
Sep. 20, 2009, 06:15 PM
Heritage could have almost had their own regional!!! They had about 20 horses!

MHM
Sep. 20, 2009, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know results for Zone 2 past the top 12?

Thanks in advance!:)

hj0519
Sep. 20, 2009, 06:35 PM
How many riders will get to go to the Finals from each region?

spina
Sep. 20, 2009, 06:55 PM
Tina has been riding with Heritage since the winter circuit. 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th were also Heritage students :yes:

thanks, Piggiejump - looks as if, once again, I'm a bit behind (as my trainer keeps telling me)

neigh.neigh
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:03 PM
How many riders will get to go to the Finals from each region?

It depends on the region. For region 2, people were saying about 35 and there were 84 people in the class

Jacqui
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:08 PM
Who decides and when do they decide how many get in???

Renn/aissance
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:09 PM
Did Schaefer Raposa make it in?

juststartingout
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:13 PM
Zone 1 Regional Results
1. Zazou Hoffman
2. Taylor Harris
3. Kelly Tropin
4. Nicole Pizzi
5. Michael Hughes
6. Olivia Jack
7. Alexandra Arute
8. Emily Dalessandro
9. Samatha Elser
10. Sydney Smith
11. Nancy Vinal
12. Zoe McGee
13. Grace Rogers
14. Julia Fowler
15. Kelly Lively
16. Devon Wood
17. Ryan Sassmannshausen
18. Rebecca Clawson
19. Colby Wood
20. Tess Renker
21. Alexandra Carlton
22. Olivia Trueb
23. Natalie Crane
24. Alexa Bayko
25. Danielle Kaidanow
26. Elizabeth Kenny
27. Tess McMahon
28. Anna Kluger
29. Katie Tyler
30. Abby Bertelson
31. Rachel Crown
32. Lexie Lohrer
33. Olivia Dorey
34. Alexandria Pelligrini
35. Samantha Smith
36. Olivia Smith
37. Larissa Laffey
38. Andrea Robbins
39. Hayley Leavitt
40. Alison Rose
41. Emma Schauder
42. Emily White
43. Laura Hinsdale
44. Evelyn Graff
45. Caroline Renker
46. Michael Jansen
47. Kendal Milkey
48. Britta Carlson
49. Lilly Johnson
50. Leah Chenelle

How many entries total?

lauraware
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:26 PM
YAY ZAZOU AND TAYLOR!!! way to go, california girls!!!!

dcm
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:56 PM
Nothing for Zone 5 yet? :(

candl615
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
there were 80 in the zone 1 regional

Sheila
Sep. 20, 2009, 08:33 PM
how many get to move on from Zone 1 ?

HunterJumperLuv
Sep. 20, 2009, 08:35 PM
I heard zone 1's taking 33ish.

gmv567
Sep. 20, 2009, 09:06 PM
YAY we finally got zone 5 updated. Top 20... those who are getting in.
1. Lauren Sogard
2. Erin Hickey
3. Cassie Moffatt
4. Abigail McArdle
5. Jen Waxman
6. Catie Hope
7. Laura Pfiffer
8. Heather Frymark
9. Kelsey Thatcher
10. Caitlin Richardson
11. Hannah Stevens
12. Samantha Oliva
13. Kelsey Wickham
14. Hillary McNerney
15. Leylan Gleeson
16. Brian Stucky
17. Chelsea Huss
18. Laura Dunham
19. Rachael Hake
20.Hayley Barnhill

3DogNight
Sep. 20, 2009, 09:07 PM
Here are the top 15 from horseshowsonline.com:

1 CONCERTO : SOGARD, LAUREN
2 R. ADERMIE 4 : HICKEY, ERIN
3 POP-SOCKS : MOFFATT, CASSIE
4 APARTICO : MC ARDLE, ABIGAIL
5 CONJOUR : WAXMAN, JENNIFER
6 DON JUAN : HOPE, CAITIE
7 CATWOMAN : PFEIFFER, LAURA
8 SHOW BOAT : FRYMARK, HEATHER
9 RAVEN : THATCHER, KELSEY
10 SNEPTS : RICHARDSON, CAITLIN
11 EVENTUAL : STEVENS, HANNAH
12 SS COUTURE : OLIVA, SAMANTHA
13 FRESNO : WICKHAM, KELSEY
14 CICERO : MC NERNEY, HILARY
15 THE GOLDEN COMPASS : GLEESON, LEYLAN

hideyourheart03
Sep. 20, 2009, 10:48 PM
Did Schaefer Raposa make it in?

Would love to know that as well. I groomed that horse all summer when Schaefer first got the ride on it. She is by FAR the absolute nicest kid out there. She deserves every bit of what she gets.

Fiction
Sep. 21, 2009, 12:19 AM
Samantha Schaefer was definitely 10th. Not sure about 12th

Whoops, my bad, I mixed zone 2 and zone 5 results up!

driedstrawberries4
Sep. 21, 2009, 12:56 AM
does anyone know how many they're going to take from zone 5 that was held in kentucky?

Amigo
Sep. 21, 2009, 08:54 AM
For anyone who's interested, here's the course from the zone 1 regionals. I would say out of the first ten riders, seven either had at least one refusal or didn't get around. The course was very challenging, but it was fun too! I had a rail, but we finished 32nd, so fingers crossed I make it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHagx_-Iin4&feature=channel_page

Renn/aissance
Sep. 21, 2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for posting the video, Amigo! Your last fence particularly was lovely. :) Looks like a really cool course--is it me, or are the course designers really stepping up the game this year with all the bounces? There was one at Devon as well and I think it's great.

Piggiejump
Sep. 21, 2009, 12:32 PM
Would love to know that as well. I groomed that horse all summer when Schaefer first got the ride on it. She is by FAR the absolute nicest kid out there. She deserves every bit of what she gets.

Schaefer finished up around 20th...I can't remember exactly. But she did get through :) She had a lovely round, marred just by her horse jumping out of form at one jump. She and Y2K are quite a team :)

Renn/aissance
Sep. 21, 2009, 12:33 PM
Schaefer finished up around 20th...I can't remember exactly. But she did get through :) She had a lovely round, marred just by her horse jumping out of form at one jump. She and Y2K are quite a team :)

Oh, wonderful. I've met Schaefer only a few times but I'm a huge fan, both of her riding and her character. Best of luck to her at finals, and best of luck to all the other qualifiers as well!

hideyourheart03
Sep. 21, 2009, 04:24 PM

GOOD! Yay for her! :D
Y2K is the sweetest thing, but very picky. haha. We always said that he had to pick those he liked. And from the very first moment Schaefer rode him in the pouring rain at Lake Placid, he decided he loved her. I saw him with his previous rider and the difference was incredible. He would do anything for that child. I'm so happy that she rides him so well and loves him as much as we all did. Its just an added bonus that she's getting such awesome ribbons!

Renn - I agree. Not only can the kid ride, she couldn't be sweeter. I think you learn a lot about people by the way they treat their grooms. Schaefer went way beyond just normal cordial-ness. Hats off to her parents for teaching her the right way to treat people.

momof3
Sep. 21, 2009, 04:58 PM
Maclay numbers qualified for each region posted. Looks like they only took about 40% this year due to lots of entries at regionals. Region 2 had the most this year, its been region 1 the past couple years.

joiedevie99
Sep. 21, 2009, 05:26 PM
Do you have a link to where it is posted?

hideyourheart03
Sep. 21, 2009, 05:27 PM
Posted where momof?
Wondering specifically how many they took from Region 3.

MHM
Sep. 21, 2009, 05:28 PM
So is there a list somewhere of all who qualified?

juststartingout
Sep. 21, 2009, 05:30 PM
Posted where momof?
Wondering specifically how many they took from Region 3.

Here is the link:
http://www.nhs.org/newyork/pdf/MaclayFinalQualifiers09.pdf

They are taking 20 from region 3.

Mara
Sep. 21, 2009, 05:53 PM
For anyone who's interested, here's the course from the zone 1 regionals. I would say out of the first ten riders, seven either had at least one refusal or didn't get around. The course was very challenging, but it was fun too! I had a rail, but we finished 32nd, so fingers crossed I make it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHagx_-Iin4&feature=channel_page

Very nice! Crossing my fingers for you as well and please keep us posted! I'm glad you're having fun - at the end of the day, that is SO important.

I can't help but notice your YouTube name - is Neiko Maggie McAlary's old eq horse????

ETA: Looks like you got in - they took 33 from Zone 1! Congrats and good luck!

Amigo
Sep. 21, 2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks! Yes I can't beleive I made it! It's only my second time at Regionals and I didn't even make the flat last year so this is a HUGE deal for me!

No Neiko is not Maggie's old horse. (I wish :cool: ) This will actually be Neiko's first time at Maclay Finals as well so we'll have to go through the nerves together ;) I just love Mid Accord though he's such a beautiful horse! :yes:

LSMITH
Sep. 21, 2009, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know the full list of zone 2 results?????

Sing Mia Song
Sep. 25, 2009, 06:47 PM
Maclay finalists are now posted (from all zones, in alphabetical order):

In addition to this list, they will also take the top 10 from the Medal finals, the top 4 from the WIHS finals, and the top 4 juniors out of the top 10 in the USET finals East and West.

1. Adams, Taylor
2. Anthony, Alexa
3. Arute, Alexandra
4. Auer, Emily
5. Baginski, Laura
6. Barbour, Kelsey
7. Barnhill, Haley
8. Bausano, Gabrielle
9. Bayko, Alexa
10. Becker, Anna
11. Bernstein, Ellie
12. Bernstein, Leighona