PDA

View Full Version : H/J barns in the Birmingham, AL area

worth_the_wait08
Sep. 12, 2009, 03:40 PM
I go to school at Birmingham Southern and I'm bringing my mare out here to keep her. I had her at a barn last semester, but I wasn't crazy about it. I'm looking for something AT MAX 45 minutes from Birmingham, but closer is better. I've done a fair amount of internet searching to no avail- Birmingham doesn't appear to be the H/J capital of the south :sigh:

I hope COTH can help me out!

worth_the_wait08
Sep. 13, 2009, 12:08 PM
*bump*

I'd really love to bring my mare out here ASAP, but I need a barn first! PLEASE help me out if you know of anything- I really need the help :eek:

Dakotawyatt
Sep. 13, 2009, 12:22 PM
The only one I know of is Black Jack Farms, J. Michael Haleblib. From what I understand, he's a good trainer. That's the farm where George Morris gives his annual October clinic. It's a BEAUTIFUL facility, I'd ride there in a hearbeat if I was out that way.:yes:

SkipChange
Sep. 13, 2009, 12:47 PM
Black Jack Farms is pretty amazing. I imagine board would be expensive but I'm not sure what it is. My cousin used to board there, I would be delighted to board there if I lived in B'ham.

worth_the_wait08
Sep. 13, 2009, 11:33 PM
I hadn't heard of Black Jack farms- thanks for the heads up.

Any other suggestions are welcome as well

ponylover2008
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:07 AM
Blackjack is great, Fox Lake (mainly if you want to A show), and of course my farm...Cameron Oaks. We are located just one mile off Hwy 280 in the Chelsea Area. See my website...