PDA

View Full Version : Where do you show?? (Charlottesville/Fluvanna people)

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 12, 2009, 07:52 AM
I have just moved back here, after being gone for 5-6 years... I showed quite a bit in Fluvanna, locals shows, when I was here..

Now I need to find more shows, rated and local for my students..

Does the barracks have a website?

When are the Keswick hunter shows??

TheOneandOnly
Sep. 12, 2009, 10:31 AM
A little smaller than keswick but Four Oaks Farm puts on a very nice schooling show series. Very well run with very nice show staff and an amazing ring. =]. We also go to Rivanna Run pretty regularly. They are about half an hour down 15 in Fork Union. Huge ring and very nice place. The classes are a little thin though. There are quite a few others that *I* wouldn't recommend but if you need more lemmie know!

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 12, 2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I used to show at Four Oaks... very good show, great people... Hoping to find some more rated shows though too.. What about some of the other local shows ( there are a bunch of new ones around here now too, and I dont know anything about those ).. I got some prize lists, but have never been so dont know the turnout and such.

Where is the prize list for Rivanna run?

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:10 AM
Okay... I found rivanna run.. I cant find any website for Keswick Hunt Clubs show grounds...

Are there any indoor winter series around here??

HunterRider992
Sep. 12, 2009, 02:19 PM
Lexington and The Barracks have some indoor winter shows. Check the VHSA website, they have all the rated shows listed there. http://www.vhsa.com/ . For locals I'd recommend the SWVHJA or the CHSA series.