PDA

View Full Version : show pants madness

forestergirl99
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:55 PM
ok. So I'm taking my horse to his first show in a few weeks, and I needed some show pants. Ok. Not too big a deal. Well I ended up going crazy!!!! For some reason EVERY SINGLE pair of pants I tried on(except one) were ridiculous baggy around my thighs!!! I'm not a stick either! I have some pretty substantial thighs. hahaha. Has anyone else has this problem? What pants did you end up getting?

And yes, I tried going down a size. The pants where to small for my calves and waist, but STILL baggy around my thighs!!

I ended up getting the Ariat Sport Select in a 34L. The long confused me too cause I'm not tall(5'7 and mostly torso), but the regulars were way too short.
:confused::confused::confused:

spmoonie
Sep. 12, 2009, 12:01 AM
I've always had the opposite problem: Fits in the thighs/butt, but too big around the waist. :lol: I by no means have large thighs either, just narrow hips I guess.

SkipChange
Sep. 12, 2009, 12:06 AM
I haven't had your problem but I bought a couple of pairs of Ariat Sport Selects (one front zip and one side) from Dover (they were on sale for $30!!!! in 22R). I Think they look great but mine have a baggy butt now :confused:
Like the area around the seam in the back is baggy now. I feel super awkward wearing them. But they're cute, hope this doesn't happen to you!

twotrudoc
Sep. 12, 2009, 12:41 AM
Nope, 34 long fit those of us that are fat in the pants. Just the way it works.

3 is the limit
Sep. 12, 2009, 02:03 AM
I'm 5'9" and weigh about 125. When I was heaver, Tailored Sportsman fit me great. They fit around my saddle bags nicely. I dropped about 30 pounds last summer and now they look like clown pants.

The only one's I have found that work for me are the Tuff Rider and Devon Aire brand.

Good luck.

JinxyFish313
Sep. 12, 2009, 09:32 AM
Tailored Sportsman TS or Trophy Hunter probably won't be baggy on you. I prefer slightly baggy though, hate the painted on breeches look and back in the day it was all about the poofy thigh pants so meh.

Lucassb
Sep. 12, 2009, 10:22 AM
You might try the Pikeur brand; I find they fit well without getting baggy as you wear them. I like the Ciara's best, but they have several different models and IME, tend to be a bit slimmer through the thigh than other brands.

CenterStage123
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:40 AM
I have this problem too! I'm 5'7" and about 115lbs. Every single pair of breeches i tried on were way too tight around the waist and way too baggy in the thigh. I mean, I even went up to like size 32's and they still didn't fit around my waist:eek: and I'm not even the slightest bit chubby! (My jeans are a size 1 juniors) I really want to get the higher waisted ones, but i ended up getting the regular waisted Arait Brittanys in a size 22. :yes:

forestergirl99
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:40 AM
Tailored Sportsman TS or Trophy Hunter probably won't be baggy on you. I prefer slightly baggy though, hate the painted on breeches look and back in the day it was all about the poofy thigh pants so meh.

I tried on a pair of TS and the fit HORRIBLY!!!! I only tried on one though. They are also more expensive than I can afford. Next year is going to be my big showing year, so I might look into some of the more expensive ones then. I just hate anything baggy. Baggy shirts, baggy jackets, baggy pants. ew ew ew. hahaha.

JET11
Sep. 12, 2009, 12:48 PM
Pikeurs fit women the best. Ariats do not help the figure out at all. They make the rear look even bigger and wider than it is.

shadytrake
Sep. 12, 2009, 10:00 PM
Well I'm short 5'2" and curvy with a short rise and low waist. I got the Riding Sport Low Rise full seats in the Olive. I usually wear 26 in other breeches but in these, size 28 for the skinny days and 30 for the fat days. They fit great and they have the right Hunter color. :) After riding dressage for 3 years, I won't go back to knee patches so I have to find full seats in the "right" color. :lol: :yes: