PDA

View Full Version : Horse Movies- Any Favorites?

WIExpat
Sep. 11, 2009, 10:51 PM
Any good horse movies to suggest? The ones I wore out when I was younger were 'International Velvet,' and 'Danny.' Would love to hear what others watched....and anything that's more current!

Duckz
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:02 PM
The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063091/) was an all-time favorite! :yes:

The Man from Snowy River was another horse camp classic.

SkipChange
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:09 PM
The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063091/) was an all-time favorite! :yes:

The Man from Snowy River was another horse camp classic.

I LOVE the Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit!!!
and the man from snowy river.

Here's another classic: The Horsemasters
http://www.amazon.com/Horsemasters-Annette-Funicello/dp/B0002CDXDM

quick&careful
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:14 PM
Sylvester - That was my favorite.

showponies
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:21 PM
Another vote for Horse in The Grey Flannel Suit!!!!!

WIExpat
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:23 PM
Anyone remember 'The Horsemasters,' with Annette Funicello? Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit is another gem.....

AndNirina
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:31 PM
This thread make me laugh.. I seriously wore out "Danny" to the point that the VHS tape's music was all slurry and funky. I hadn't thought about that movie in a long time. :)

I also loved "International Velvet" and used to run around screaming "it's the foal! It's the foal!". I think my parents finally got sick of listening to me and bought me a horse.

Sylvester was great. Totally unrealistic, but great.

twotrudoc
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:38 PM
Black Beauty, Chincoteague pony, etc

jumper
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:38 PM
LOVED Sylvester, though you have to check any and all horse-sense at the door. My ALL-TIME favorite movie (horse or otherwise) is Phar Lap. Best. Movie. Ever. Now I have to go cry. :-(

jumper27
Sep. 11, 2009, 11:40 PM
I LOVED "Danny"! I would rent that movie anytime my family rented movies when I was younger, unfortunately I never owned it :(. It's funny because I never thought anyone else had ever heard of it.

WIExpat
Sep. 12, 2009, 12:18 AM
I LOVED "Danny"! I would rent that movie anytime my family rented movies when I was younger, unfortunately I never owned it :(. It's funny because I never thought anyone else had ever heard of it.

I did the same at Blockbuster...I may have been the only person to rent it for all of 1992!

EiRide
Sep. 12, 2009, 01:01 AM
Seabiscuit!

The Black Beauty with Sean Bean as the nice farmer.

The Man From Snowy River

The Black Stallion. I still swoon over the cinematography.

RolyPolyPony
Sep. 12, 2009, 07:51 AM
Disney's Horsemasters! Sylvester! And, yes, The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit - even my non-horsey Dh liked that one :)

oldenburger with fries and a cold beer
Sep. 12, 2009, 07:52 AM
"Into The West" with Gabriel Byrne and Ellen Barkin. Not to be confused with another movie with the same name which is about the American west. This movie portrays two young Irish boys and their adventures through out the countryside of Ireland on the back of a gorgeous grey mare. Make sure to have the tissues ready. Wonderful movie and beautifully shot!!!!

JinxyFish313
Sep. 12, 2009, 08:18 AM
National Velvet, International Velvet, Danny and The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit were shown in my house nearly every weekend until blockbuster stopped carrying them. This past christmas I asked my boyfriend to get them for me on DVD, so now they are miiiiiine!

I also liked Flicka and Dark Horse. There were always some other random horse movies at blockbuster that were absolutely terrible in every way but I of course watched them frequently regardless.

A3dayeventer2009
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:56 AM
Horse Whisperer, Man From Snowy River, Return to Snowy River, Hidalgo, Spirit, Racing Stripes, Seabiscuit.... there are more, I'll keep thinking lol

luvmyottb
Sep. 12, 2009, 08:30 PM
Dreamer, with Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning. My 11 year old was quoting the poem Dakota said to mare all last weekend. So sweet:)

luv2piaffe
Sep. 12, 2009, 09:01 PM
Running free is a great movie!!! wild hearts cant be broken, and the long shot.

Late
Sep. 12, 2009, 09:16 PM
ooo, Run Appaloosa Run! and I give another vote for Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit... also, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (definitely my favorite)

A few other random ones, that I can't really guarantee are good, but I definitely watched as a kid:
The Last Unicorn
Flash
Dark Horse
Miracle of the White Stallions
Into the West

mikali
Sep. 12, 2009, 10:33 PM
Ladyhawke - Ok, it's not a horse movie per se - but I'm sure it has sparked more than one love affair for the Friesians!!

greyshowjumper
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:14 PM
Phar lap was in intense movie. Real life story. Tear jerker, but an amazing horse. All time favorite. Hard to find though, but worth the search.

Brown Horse
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:23 PM
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit
International Velvet
National Velvet
Seabiscuit
Dreamer
Black Beauty

This isn't horsey but I LOVED the riding scenes in Dances With Wolves

Has anyone seen that movie adaption of Riders by Jilly Cooper? I rented it not knowing what it was when I was a bit too young to watch it...*blush*

fascination
Sep. 13, 2009, 12:02 AM
I loved all of the aforementioned ones as a child - but one I haven't seen yet is that one Disney channel movie (yes, I was a dork) called "Flash."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0136199/

I think I had a crush on the boy too ;).

bear necessities
Sep. 13, 2009, 12:39 AM
I loved all of the aforementioned ones as a child - but one I haven't seen yet is that one Disney channel movie (yes, I was a dork) called "Flash."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0136199/

I think I had a crush on the boy too ;).

oh em geeee i loved that movie lol i am forever waiting for it to reappear again!! i also love wild hearts can't be broken, i made my parents keep the vcr so i can still watch it...hahaha i need something to do while i'm home from college on breaks..:lol:

SkipChange
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:11 AM
Anyone ever see "Two Bits & Pepper"? Appeals to a much younger set but was entertaining when I was a lot younger.

JOBEAN
Sep. 13, 2009, 09:38 AM
Horse with the flying tail!!!

shadytrake
Sep. 13, 2009, 09:47 AM
Have y'all seen the Seabiscuit documentary done by American Experience shown on PBS? I ran across it several years ago and liked it so much that I ordered the DVD. It is really well done.

Sep. 13, 2009, 11:08 AM
Another vote for "Miracle of the White Stallions." Bought it recently, per recommendations from this board :D, and was not disappointed!

bridlewise
Sep. 13, 2009, 11:20 AM
ditto for Horsemasters; Horse With the Flying Tail; Run, Appaloosa, Run; oh all of the Disney ones!
And add Champions, true story about Bob Champion and the steeplechaser, Aldaniti. Great movie!
And My Friend Flicka with Roddy McDowall. Lots more.

bridlewise
Sep. 13, 2009, 11:22 AM
Oh and Tonka, another Disney, with Sal Mineo. A fictionalized story about Commanche of the Seventh, the only survivor of Custer's Last Stand-supposedly!

gottagrey
Sep. 13, 2009, 11:31 AM
"Into The West" with Gabriel Byrne and Ellen Barkin. Not to be confused with another movie with the same name which is about the American west. This movie portrays two young Irish boys and their adventures through out the countryside of Ireland on the back of a gorgeous grey mare. Make sure to have the tissues ready. Wonderful movie and beautifully shot!!!!

Hah - shortly after this movie came out I was at some party and a fellow from Ireland was there (I had just come back from a riding holiday there and was still aglow from the experience) and this Irish guy says to me "I can tell ye love yer harses" & how the Irish love their "harses" then proceeded to tell me how I had to see "Into the West'. His parting words "IN-TO THE WEST". So I had to see it- dragged my boyfriend.. needless to say my "glow" from riding in Ireland lasted a few more days after seeing Into the West.

and OMG Run Appaloosa Run - I loved that movie as a kid... cannot for the life of me remember if I ever saw that Disney "Horsemen" movie;

For those of us who have outgrown (never) the Disney-esque movies - every now and then if you go to Barnes & Noble or Borders (I suppose Amazon would be a great sourse) sometimes in their British TV collections find some horse related DVDs - I've gotten a couple of Dick Francis (hilarious because of bad 70's clothing and acting - but the racing scenes are great); The Irish RM (or something like that); and there's a good Sherlock Holmes that I Tivo'd off PBS (and if the DA for OJ Simpson would have seen this particular episode, they would have convicted him!) also there's an old Agatha Christie - Murder at a Gallop which is good fun to watch - Margaret Rutherford is great as Miss Marple

Maya01
Sep. 13, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hidalago(sp?), International Velvet (even though some of the riding...:lol:) and Black Beauty. I love those movies :D

EMWalker
Sep. 13, 2009, 04:44 PM
Not for children but I like Something To Talk About. :) Love Savannah where it was filmed!

PonyHunter70
Sep. 13, 2009, 05:45 PM
I totally forgot about all these awesome old horse movies. My all time favorites had to be INTERNATIONAL VELVET and MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER. I used to watch those ALL the time.

MintHillFarm
Sep. 13, 2009, 06:13 PM
Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit, is one of my all time favorites...others I love:
Hidalgo
Champions
Phar Lap
The Black Stallion
Seabiscuit
Horse With the Flying Tail
Miracle of the White Stallions - saw that in the movies decades ago

There are others but these are at the top of the list!

I had heard Into the West was very good, I will have to see that one...

gonsouth
Sep. 13, 2009, 06:40 PM
Irish horses..I taped it from a tv documentary about Irish horses..not a movie with a story, but very entertaining. There's also a video story about a real Connemara event pony called "Erin go Braugh" (spelling?).

RegalBeagle
Sep. 13, 2009, 06:52 PM
Can anyone recommend where I could buy "A Horse with the Flying Tail"?

I would love to get a hold of it.

WW_Queen
Sep. 13, 2009, 07:47 PM
How has anybody not mentioned "The White Stallion" yet????!!! :D

Compared to TWS, Sylvester was Oscar-worthy both in story and fact. :lol:

The best thing about TWS is you can play "Find the Inaccuracies or Just Plain Fake"....the game just goes on and on and on.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Big Spender". Now there's a classic. ;)

Canadapony
Sep. 13, 2009, 09:51 PM
Anyone ever see "Two Bits & Pepper"? Appeals to a much younger set but was entertaining when I was a lot younger.

That was one of my favourite movies as a kid! I will still pop it in every once in awhile

Equinoxfox
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:24 AM
This weekend I got " Virginia's Run" on netflix.
very good movie .
worth seeing . :yes:

Katie81
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:35 AM
Irish horses..I taped it from a tv documentary about Irish horses..not a movie with a story, but very entertaining. There's also a video story about a real Connemara event pony called "Erin go Braugh" (spelling?).

The Irish horse documentary is most likely the National Geographic special from the 80s called Ballad of the Irish Horse. My mom taped this off of TV for me and I watched it to death. However, I got a copy on DVD for my birthday last month from my mom! It still holds up and is a great watch. Plus, an awesome soundtrack by the Chieftons.

My personal favorites were both the Black Stallion and the Black Stallion returns. The first, while a great horse movie is a remakable film on its own.

Another one of my favorites was the Flicka sequal, Thunderhead, Son of Flicka. I had a copy taped off of TV from TNT I think (back when they used to be a classic movie channel).

crazylegsjumper
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:51 PM
the horse in the grey flannel suit!!!!

NeverEnd
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:05 PM
Not technically a horse flic, but...."Something to talk about" Shameful admission, but I LOFFF it!!

FAW
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:10 PM
Something to talk About is centered around horses..... and a disfunctional family. Funny movie.

Horseforthecourse
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:50 PM
The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit is a classic. Probably my favorite horse movie.

I've seen them all, but my other favorites are...

Man from Snowy River and Return to Snowy River
Seabiscuit
Phar Lap
Danse Avec Lui aka Dance with Him (only in French, not a children's movie! Can be found in Google videos).
The Horse Whisperer
Bob Champion
Black Beauty

Here are some more worth watching that I don't think were already mentioned in this thread. Some of them can be found on youtube or google videos.

The Long Shot
Riding High (old)
King of the Wind
Moondance Alexander
Second Chance
Running Free
Second Chances
Simpatico
Red Fury
Racing Stripes

Carol Ames
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:55 PM
Spirit, Stallion of the Cimmaron":yes:

benedev
Sep. 14, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hands down-Something To Talk About with Julia Roberts & Dennis Quaid.

Pippen2
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:00 PM
Also The Silver Stallion its filmed in Australia with Russel Crowe. Its sooo good!

graciegrey
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:17 PM
I saw some classic movie (i.e., in black and white) one evening that I now cant find on a web search. I think it was titled "Buenos Aires", and was about a woman who goes to argentina to look for JUMPERS! I was pleasantly suprised it was about jumpers, and of course had the handsome argentinian trainer/rider who caught her eye ;) She traveled to argentina and went to some cool breeding farms.

anybody else seen this one?

Mee
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:33 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned The Horse with the Flying Tail. It is from 1960, and I don't even know if it is still available. Walt Disney Pictures did the movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054993/combined

I haven't gone to netflix yet to see if they have it.

Smiles, Mee

WIExpat
Sep. 14, 2009, 09:22 PM
Where did you get the DVD version of 'Ballad of the Irish Horse,'? I've looked forever and only find it in vhs format!

Katie81
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:29 PM
Another one I forgot to mention is White Mane, a French film that came out in the mid-50s I believe. Directed by Albert Lamorisse, famous for the Red Balloon. This is a beautifully shot short film set in France about a boy and a Camargue horse. It even won the grand jury prize at Cannes, so this is far from a made for disney movie.

If you get the DVD, it will most likely be a Criterion Collection so the print is amazing, and will be even more so on a HD TV.

For those of you with Netflix, I believe you can watch it online for free (if you have a plan that includes it!).

Larksmom
Sep. 15, 2009, 03:27 AM
Maybe some of you out there, and you know who you are,;) remember the Wide World of Disney in the 60's on tv. I used to always hope we were at my grandparents so we could watch it in color. I am pretty sure, but not positive, that Horse with the flying tail was a tv production. I think Hugh Wiley was in it, and it was not an actual movie. I am sure there was a narration, like most of the Disney stuff it was fabulous quality. The old tv show couldn't be beat for content. I think the Horse Masters, might have been tv only, and possibly the Miracle of the White Stallions.
OTOH, The Horse with the Flying Tail was a theatrical release, and the stars were Suzanne Pleschette, and Dean Jones I think, and of course, Aspercell....
My point about the Wide World of Disney-they made terrific dog movies too-anyone else remember Big Red and Nikki? I KNOW I saw those on tv, and Big Red was a two parter~!
As far as my favorite horse movies, First last and always, the Black Stallion. A nearly perfect movie.:yes:

The Man from Snowy River, corn pone story, but they got the horse stuff absolutely right, and as a bonus, the soundtrack is wonderful.

Champions is very good.
The Electric Horseman is pretty good, but another one with a terrible story, great scenery,[and lookin at a much younger Robert Redford,]

Murphy's Choice was on recently, and i don't think it was a very good movie, it WAS about training horses.
I also loved Wild hearts Can't be Broken.

Hunterlover17
Sep. 15, 2009, 09:13 AM
I watched last weekend a documentary on HBO about Barbaro. It was INCREDIBLE! I was very tearful while watching...not because how he died but because the documentary showed how much heart this horse had. I highly recommend it...plus Michael Matz is in it...who doesn't like that! :)

Hunter/JumperMom
Sep. 15, 2009, 10:06 AM
Something to Talk About! one of my favorites Especially when the mom locked the dad out!! hahaha

That Barbaro documentary on HBO I think, oh my, I cried like a baby! I was at the St. Clements show in Saratoga when Barbaro won, crazy time!! everyone was under the tent watching!

As a kid, I loved Casey's Shadow, with Walter Mathew. Back when HBO ran the movies over and over, I must have watched it 100 times!!!

Savoy 8
Sep. 15, 2009, 10:21 AM
Phar Lap and RETURN to snowy river (the first one is good, but the second is the best). Phar Lap is by far the best horse movie (in my opinion).

FAW
Sep. 15, 2009, 10:34 AM
I watched last weekend a documentary on HBO about Barbaro. It was INCREDIBLE! I was very tearful while watching...not because how he died but because the documentary showed how much heart this horse had. I highly recommend it...plus Michael Matz is in it...who doesn't like that! :)

If you ever had a horse with laminitis that wasn't put down and see-sawed through its recovery and non-recovery, you feel for the Jacksons. I'm going through that now. Not fun.

annabellee
Sep. 15, 2009, 10:43 AM
there is a movie with two names,starring john savage and the boy from black beauty.its set at ww11 about a flyer shot down in maybe hungry. the horsemen in that movie are sooooooooo cool .iwatched it in the 80s.not for children.i think one of the names is bradys run.please help would love to see it again

danceronice
Sep. 15, 2009, 03:03 PM
I have never even HEARD of "The Horse with the Flying Tail!" (Larksmom, it's not the one with Dean Jones, that is "The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit".)

We have "The Ballad of the Irish Horse"...on laser disc! My brother and I watched it many, many many times. My brother has even gone to Ireland for a riding tour because of that and "The Irish RM" (and like the latter very nearly got horse-traded into taking one home by Willie Leahy.)

"The Man From Snowy River"
"The Black Stallion"
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seen "The Horsemasters" (although if there is a horse film out there with worse use of close-ups, dummy horses, and reverse projection screens for actors who can't ride, please don't show me.) There is NO WAY ON EARTH I would ever ride that...whatever the heck that jump is supposed to be that has Annette's character rattled.

And, okay, so it's more about betting than the horses but I love "Let It Ride."

Mee
Sep. 15, 2009, 05:58 PM
I was visiting with my Mom last night, and she looked through her old vhs collection and found a copy of The Horse with the Flying Tail. It is a wonderful narrated documentary that tells the story of the USET Show Jumper Nautical ridden by Hugh Wiley. This is footage from the late 50's and is a program worth watching, in my opinion.

I was also able to rewatch an old Mercedes 30,000 Grand Prix from Charlotte NC from 1984. It was great watching Michael Matz and Katie Monahan back in the day.

Smiles, Mee

Larksmom
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry, Dancer, I was half asleep....:sleepy::sleepy: But there IS one called Horse w/flying tail. I am sure it was a Disney sort of a movie of the week sort of thing. They had a guy do all their narrations in the 60's and he was terrific. Flying tail is about Nautical, and the rough life he had before he became a jumper. Which reminds me of another Disney from back around then. The Tattooed Police Horse. No one EVER mentions that one! You are right about Gray Flannel, it was a theatrical release, but some of these others.... and funny thing is, I have several Disney channels, I need to monitor more closely to see if any of these oldies ever show up!

Carol Ames
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:42 PM
ASPERCELLwas the horse in the grey flannel suit; named after a product her fathers' company sold

Kathy Kusner and Aberali were filmed at he old Washington International for a brief clip; in it; years later I read the book the year of the horse, from which it was adapted; that story was :yes:hilarious:lol:; though of course; it had to have a romantic:cool: story line, too; It was however a real "slam" on the equitation scene and chase to qualify for the medal/ maclay finals; all to advertise Aspercel:lol: for her dads' company :cool:; don't bother teaching them:( how to ride:mad:

Carol Ames
Sep. 15, 2009, 08:44 PM
ASPERCELLwas the horse in the grey flannel suit; named after a product her fathers' company sold

Kathy Kusner and Aberali were filmed at he old Washington International for a brief clip; in it; years later I read the book the year of the horse, from which it was adapted; that story was :yes:hilarious; though of course; it had to have a romantic:cool: story line, too; It was however a real "slam" on the equitation scene and chase to qualify for the medal/ maclay finals; all to advertise Aspercel:lol: for her dads' company :cool:; don't botghr teachingthem how to ride:mad:

Carol Ames
Sep. 15, 2009, 09:07 PM
Does anyone remember this? It' s about a horse used in bull fights who, one day jumps out of the ring; someone who, witnesses this buys him to make into a show jumper; but, he tries to train him with cruel:no::sadsmile:methods, wires and nailed :eek:poles; a young boy sees this and befriends the;) horse; together they make their escape which, requires jumping a wall which, the horse had refused in schooling :eek:due to the cruel methods used,

gottagrey
Sep. 16, 2009, 12:02 AM
The Horse with the Flying Tail - won best Documentary 33rd Academy awards; also had William Steinkraus & maybe Frank Chapot?, but definitely had a young, dapper George Morris

HunterEquJumper
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:24 PM
I have to second these movies but in this order:

Sylvester
Wild Hearts can't be Broken
Danny
Aspercell

Glimmerglass
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:34 PM
I have The Horse With the Flying Tail, International Velvet and The Ballad of the Irish Horse on VHS; the Red Pony and Phar Lap on the DVR.

The rarely aired Boots Malone (http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article.jsp?cid=177605&mainArticleId=161065) from 1952 and starring William Holden as the aforementioned jockey agent 'Boots' Malone. For those interest in racing is perhaps the best racing life film you'll ever see. Turner Network Classics will air it on occasion when doing a Holden series.

SoldierBoy96
Sep. 17, 2009, 09:51 PM
Does anyone remember this? It' s about a horse used in bull fights who, one day jumps out of the ring; someone who, witnesses this buys him to make into a show jumper; but, he tries to train him with cruelmethods, wires and nailed poles; a young boy sees this and befriends the horse; together they make their escape which, requires jumping a wall which, the horse had refused in schooling due to the cruel methods used,

I REMEMBER THIS! I loved it. I remember taking it from my grandparent's house so I could watch it at home :)

I also loved Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. Loved the whole Rain-Spirit love story :winkgrin: And the soundtrack was great, too!

theblondejumper
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:19 PM
The best thing about TWS is you can play "Find the Inaccuracies or Just Plain Fake"....the game just goes on and on and on.

We used to always do that with Breaking Free, a horse movie about a camp for blind kids that uses horses for therapeutic riding. Every other scene, "The horses is an Arabian!" "Now a Thoroughbred!" Good laugh all around.

I love:

The Black Stallion
Black Beauty
National Velvet
International Velvet
The Man From and Return to Snowy River

tinlizzie
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:35 PM
Phar Lap and Seabiscuit are definitely two of my favorites

I also remember Danny fondly. Not because it was a great movie but for all the cameos of actual horse show people in it.

veezee
Sep. 17, 2009, 11:20 PM
Pharlap
Man From Snowy River
Black Beauty

ontarget
Sep. 17, 2009, 11:52 PM
Touching Wild Horses
Running Free
The Black Stallion
Miracle of the White Stallions

LOVE these movies. And... I also love the horse scenes in "Dances with Wolves." One of my most favorite movies of all time.

I will also admit that I was a total sucker for Spirit when it came out... I think I drove everyone nuts with my obsession with the soundtrack and general Spirit paraphernalia. I think I even had a Spirit themed birthday that year. :lol:

Great thread idea, btw! I definitely intend to go to my local blockbuster and see if I can find some of the movies recommended here.

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 18, 2009, 12:01 AM
Pharlap
Wild hearts cant be broken (but because of the sexy guy and the story about the girl... I think the jumping off the ramp is quite dangerous..).. I do think that you can pretty much train horses to do whatever though, and the horses probably liked their jobs (after they did it a few times, and learned it).

FourSocksFarm
Sep. 18, 2009, 12:03 AM
OH OH OH and Something to talk About!!!

bridlewise
Sep. 18, 2009, 09:13 PM
there is a movie with two names,starring john savage and the boy from black beauty.its set at ww11 about a flyer shot down in maybe hungry. the horsemen in that movie are sooooooooo cool .iwatched it in the 80s.not for children.i think one of the names is bradys run.please help would love to see it again

Brady's Run it is. John Savage and Kelly Reno. I ahve it on VHS, as I do most of these great (and some not so great) old horse fims. A fabulous, though heartbreaking movie. Great scenes of the Hungarian horsemen but tough in other ways.

Mallrat7777
Sep. 18, 2009, 09:37 PM
I couldn't have just ONE favorite!

Danny, Black Stallion Returns, The Black Stallion, The Black Stallion TV Series, Black Beauty, The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit, Misty, Primo Baby, Ride a Wild Pony, Coyote Summer, Run Appaloosa Run, Justin Morgan Had a Horse, Seabiscuit, Dark Horse, Flash, Sylvester, King of the Wind, Man from Snowy River, Return to Snowy River, Flicka (new and old), Thunderhead Son of Flicka, The Littlest Outlaw, Wild Hearts Cant be Broken, National and International Velvet, The Horse Whisperer, Dreamer, Stripes, Spirit.....