PDA

View Full Version : Dressage at Devon

ShowMeTheGlory
Sep. 11, 2009, 10:35 AM
So who is going? I will be volunteering again this year. :D

LD1129
Sep. 11, 2009, 10:40 AM
I am riding in the 5 year old gelding/stallion materiale and 5 year old suitability on Wednesday. I am looking forward to it.

Seems like entries dont look as full as last year. Anyone else think this? Economy?

DQonaDraft
Sep. 11, 2009, 10:41 AM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday...I am in box M130 in the main grandstand, behind B. Stop by and say Hi!

ania
Sep. 11, 2009, 10:47 AM
i'll be there saturday :) i don't know what the ticket said-- i think an all day pass and reserved seat for sat night? not sure what that means, but definitely looking forward to going! the last time i went was when i was working for a trainer so i got to be behind the scenes and see the stabling and all of that stuff.

ETA-- forgot to add, my sister (marta) will also be there with me. we'll try to stop by and say hi DQonaDraft :)

paintlady
Sep. 11, 2009, 03:32 PM
I'm going with a couple of ladies from my barn Saturday and Sunday. We purchased the reserved seats for Saturday night and Sunday daytime. For Saturday, the website says:

Each ticket provides individual admission to the show grounds for one day and one assigned seat for the Saturday Evening Session.

So, can I assume that we don't need to buy seperate day tickets for Saturday?

LuvMyDressageQH
Sep. 11, 2009, 03:43 PM
I'm going for the very first time! Our GMO got a package deal together with a limo bus down on Saturday morning, tickets to Saturday night, a night at a hotel, tickets for Sunday (which I'm sure will be spent browsing/ shopping!) and limo bus back Sunday afternoon. I'm super excited. Any tips for a newbie like me?

TMPF
Sep. 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'll be there Wednesday to Sunday, I love Devon. My trainer is riding my horse at 4th level Sat and Sun. Doing the dry weather dance!

LD1129
Sep. 11, 2009, 04:44 PM
The horse in your profile pic is gorgeous :eek:

I'll be there Wednesday to Sunday, I love Devon. My trainer is riding my horse at 4th level Sat and Sun. Doing the dry weather dance!

tabula rashah
Sep. 11, 2009, 04:57 PM
I'll be there Tues, Wed, Thurs and Sat

Marydell
Sep. 11, 2009, 05:29 PM
We will be there from Monday afternoon through Sunday. We have threen the breed and a 4 yr old in the FEI YH.

Maryanna Haymon
www.marydellfarm.com
2007 USEF Breeder of the Year!

TMPF
Sep. 11, 2009, 05:58 PM
The horse in your profile pic is gorgeous :eek:

That is him at Devon with my trainer they won the FEI 4 year old test in 2006.

tm
Sep. 11, 2009, 06:09 PM
I'll be there photographing Friday through Sunday. My 28th year at Devon!

Alinera2
Sep. 11, 2009, 07:11 PM
I'll be there with TMPF & others Wednesday through Sunday. My trainer is riding my pony in the 6 year old FEI Young Horse class Thursday evening. TM, will you be photographing the Young Horse classes? Gotta love Devon!

elly
Sep. 11, 2009, 07:37 PM
We will be there as well, with a 3 year old filly, a 5 year old gelding (see you in the ring, LD1129) and my GP gelding ( he made it to Devon in his first year showing at GP, something I am rather proud of).

Alinera2 - I too LOVE Devon - there just is nothing like the athmosphere there and I can't wait to see your boy again :-)
TMPF - Your boy AND your trainer rock !

Darko
Sep. 11, 2009, 09:35 PM
I will be there Weds through Sun grooming for my trainer going PSG and I1! My first time going, very excited!

TMPF
Sep. 12, 2009, 06:49 AM
We will be there as well, with a 3 year old filly, a 5 year old gelding (see you in the ring, LD1129) and my GP gelding ( he made it to Devon in his first year showing at GP, something I am rather proud of).

Alinera2 - I too LOVE Devon - there just is nothing like the athmosphere there and I can't wait to see your boy again :-)

Congrats Elly that is quite an accomplishment, the "BBs" will be there to cheer you on, also it will be good chat with you again!

Maude
Sep. 12, 2009, 09:17 AM
I'll be there too, on most days with friends. I also have a box. I hope to be there in 2 years with my now 2 year old and do the 4 Year Old Test and under saddle classes.:)

Bayou Roux
Sep. 12, 2009, 10:12 AM
Spectators this year-- hope to be competitors next year with our Foxwin "golden cross" siblings! One stallion, one gelding, and one filly!

LD1129
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:27 AM
I assume you are the one that usually rides Foxcry Nicodemus at Devon. I love love love watching him show! :yes:

Keepthepeace
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:55 AM
I will be there from Thursday to Sunday cheering on all our Canadian riders. Of course my coach is not going this year! She is taking her GP horse to Europe for some exposure on the Fall tour. Every time I go to Devon...she doesn't! "Murphy's Law" lol! A lot of my old coaches are showing though so it will be a blast as always!!

rebecca yount
Sep. 12, 2009, 02:48 PM
I'll be there with Darryl from Wednesday through Sunday.

Terri, I was browsing through your website getting fired up. Your shots are so gorgeous!
Remember the old days when Bo Peep and I would come?

Lucky you to be at Saumur, too. We just got back from Villefranche sur Mer and I will still get to Saumur one of these days.

See ya there! Rebecca

elly
Sep. 12, 2009, 09:53 PM
Yes, LD1129 - I am Nick's personal attendant - however, Mr. Nick will not be competing at Devon this year, he is resting up for 2010 when he will be competing in the FEI 6 year olds -

Looking forward to meeting you at Devon - let's keep our fingers crossed for dry weather - anyone know what the forecast is ?

dressagediosa
Sep. 12, 2009, 10:10 PM
I'll have my big white wonder in the Brentina Cup test and my super super chestnut mare in 4-3, both on Sunday. It's the first time Devon hasn't been on my birthday! Not going to stop me from celebrating a little early :)

whicker
Sep. 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
I hope to come up to Devon and I would like to meet some of you who are going. Is there any particular spot or way to find you?

pm me if you prefer.

ctanner
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:54 PM
I'll be set up with the other vendors.Come by and see me,especially you Whicker!

Briggsie
Sep. 13, 2009, 10:12 PM
I am so looking forward to going this year! I did not get to go last year because my guide dog was graduating, so I had to go watch her and her new handler....

the year before last, well, Briggsie, my other horse, decided to launch me to the moon. That was a much better trip....free morphine was included!

Alinera2
Sep. 13, 2009, 11:38 PM
Elly, I'll be one of the really loud fans cheering you & your boy on in the GP! Here's to a really good (and dry!) show!

eqeq
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:34 AM
We head out on Tues from WA state with North Forks Cardi and company. It will be a trip of firsts - my first time driving cross country, our first CDI... oh my...

Would also love to meet fellow COTH'ers at the show. We'll be a long way from home and friendly faces will be welcomed..

LD1129
Sep. 14, 2009, 09:46 AM
OHHHH I will be looking forward to his FEI test!!!! I am looking forward to meeting you too! I will be on De La Ritz. I saw the video of the 5 year old your riding and I see I have some very very stiff competition :eek:

Yes, LD1129 - I am Nick's personal attendant - however, Mr. Nick will not be competing at Devon this year, he is resting up for 2010 when he will be competing in the FEI 6 year olds -

Looking forward to meeting you at Devon - let's keep our fingers crossed for dry weather - anyone know what the forecast is ?

acottongim
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:30 PM
I will be there with my 3 yo stallion, Tatendrang! 2nd time up to DAD for me and I'm soooo excited! I fly to Toronto to pick Tate up on Friday and we'll head down Sun night/Mon am.

elly
Sep. 14, 2009, 06:45 PM
Hi LD1129

Thank you for your kind words - our boy is a blast to ride, as I am sure your horse is. Let's have a great show and hopefully we have a chance to meet each other !

Oldenburg Mom
Sep. 16, 2009, 02:14 PM
I am riding in the 5 year old gelding/stallion materiale and 5 year old suitability on Wednesday. I am looking forward to it.

Seems like entries dont look as full as last year. Anyone else think this? Economy?

Uhoh.:uhoh: I won't be there ... but Mr. Joey will be there ... in the same classes! Good Luck LD!!! Hopefully I'll be able to watch on the internet! OH! And it's the last year for Materiale!!!! Looks like we're going to be gearing up for tests next year!

HOLY SMOKES! You too, Elly!!!

Katie81
Sep. 17, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'll be volunteering for the first time on Friday and Sunday all day! Hopefully it will be a great time. I hope to make it to the freestyle on Saturday night also as a spectator. It would be great to meet up with some COTH-ers!!

Tiligsmom
Sep. 17, 2009, 03:59 PM
Where can we, who can't attend, be able to track the scores? I didn't see them on Fox Village :(.

Oldenburg Mom
Sep. 17, 2009, 04:15 PM
I was disappointed to learn there ISN'T any type of a feed like last year. :-( Maybe next year ... ?

JLC7898
Sep. 17, 2009, 05:54 PM
I will be there Saturday during the day. I am planning on keeping track of scores for funsies. If anyone wants a copy of the scores from saturday i have i can scan them in and e-mail them to those interested on Sunday morning. Just PM Me if you are interested!

lorik
Sep. 17, 2009, 10:34 PM
Scores will be posted daily on the Dressage at Devon website
www.dressageatdevon.org (http://www.dressageatdevon.org)

BigBayBoy
Sep. 18, 2009, 02:02 PM
Does anyone know if Euro American will be there?

I don't see them on the vendor listing! :cry:

Lora
Sep. 18, 2009, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know if Euro American will be there?

I don't see them on the vendor listing! :cry:

Your right, I don't see them (I don't remember a time when they weren't there!! - they were the ones that had the booth that titled downward I think).

shantihorse
Sep. 23, 2009, 03:54 PM
Now that I live only 3 hours away I plan to go up to Devon for the first time!! !!!!!!!But I can only go one day. Should I go Sat. or Sun???

Alpha Mare
Sep. 23, 2009, 05:35 PM
I think saturday has more of the 'big' horses. The Freestyle Sat evening is the highlight of the show (may be sold out).

Skylands Saddlery, who took over the NJ store from Euro American, is at the show. I could only dash in and out today but there were other interesting booths when I have time to shop....