PDA

View Full Version : Favorite saddle?

luckles
Sep. 10, 2009, 08:38 PM
What is your favorite saddle and why?

spmoonie
Sep. 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
My favorite? --County Stabilizer: It is like sitting on a couch, very balanced, and fits my horse well.

Although I LOVE my stabilizer, I love the "look" of the Antares and CWD saddles. However, I have only ridden in an antares once, so I cant say much about them.

forestergirl99
Sep. 10, 2009, 08:49 PM
Presitge Eventing. I love it because it keeps me really secure, but it still lets me move. It's also super comfy. Yes, it's an eventing saddle(i mainly do eventing, but i'm hacking the h/j forum.:lol:), but it doesn't mean you have to do eventing with it. It's a great all around saddle. Except not for dressage of course. hahaha.

Dressage.For.Life.
Sep. 10, 2009, 08:50 PM
My jumping saddle is the Roxanne S Deluxe (with Biomex) by Stubben. I like it as it fits my horse, has that deeper seat that I like, and has very durable and doubled leather. If I hadn't won Stubben's contest, I probably would've gotten Prestige's "Jumper R" also known as the "Michel Robert".

indygirl2560
Sep. 10, 2009, 09:15 PM
I have a Delgrange(PJ Original) and I love it! It has a nice deep seat and it's great for doing jumpers in. I've always wanted an Antares or Devoucoux but I can't afford one so this saddle is great in the mean time. I would recommend a Delgrange to anyone!

tBHj
Sep. 10, 2009, 09:25 PM
I love my Anatares & my older Crosby Centennial (that was made in England).

norcalammie
Sep. 10, 2009, 09:57 PM
I have the County Stabilizer with the XTR leather and love it. My horse loves it and it fits both of us well. Love the County saddles!

superpony123
Sep. 10, 2009, 09:58 PM
love love LOVE my devoucoux socoa <3

Across Sicily
Sep. 12, 2009, 01:19 AM
County Stabilizer for me :) It is my new bff.

JinxyFish313
Sep. 12, 2009, 08:28 AM
Good old Crosby PDN has to be my favorite. I've had 2, ridden in many more, always feels like home to me. No padding, no blocks, no knee rolls.

I do love the Beval Natural that I had though. Was very comfy, but its a more situational saddle for me whereas the PDN is always right.

meupatdoes
Sep. 12, 2009, 10:40 AM
I love my Albions.

For my hunt seat saddle the saddle fitter came out, measured the horses, ordered one with all of my custom options down to flap size and leather type, delivered it and did the final flocking touches on site, and the grand total price was $2,500. It is not necessary to spend $4,500 for a custom fit and excellent customer service (and a saddle fitter who is actually, you know, certified).

For my dressage saddle she pulled one of her demos of the truck that fit and flocked it to suit.

She sells many different brands of saddles, and my criteria is "fit for the horse" first, "fit for me" second, and brand a distant last, and after trying multiple brands on all of my horses on numerous occasions I have ended up with an Albion for my lastest purchases.

JET11
Sep. 12, 2009, 11:49 AM
CWD

LittleGrayMare
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:31 AM
The one that fits both my horse and I that also isn't made of poor quality leather. Unfortunately it seems to be mythical for now.

horse-loverz
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:58 AM
I'll bite.. I love love love my Tad Coffin. The saddle gets an either love or hate response it seems but it fits me and fit's my horse very well. It barely seems like it is there, very close contact with my horse and puts me in a great position. My horse loves it as do I :D

Zooperdee
Sep. 13, 2009, 11:42 AM
Unlike most of you, I don't own a expensive saddle. :yes: I did have a horrendus Bates, and I have now graduated to my lovely Dover Circuit Elite.

anabug
Sep. 13, 2009, 12:17 PM
I love my Tad Coffin - it fits my horse great. But.. for sheer comfort, I really miss my Butet! That saddle fit me super well. Unfortunately it was way too narrow for my horse.

Burgie
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:10 PM
County Stabilizer all the way.
I had a Prestige - never got it to fit properly despite the tree being adjustable...

It is the only saddle my horse has ever been happy in. We have a ton of County's at the barn and have had great experience with their customer service.

dghunter
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:15 PM
I love my Pessoa A/O. It is super comfortable and just love the feel. Would buy another in a heartbeat :yes:

WorthTheWait95
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:17 PM
I loved my Butet the most since it was pretty comfy AND very close contact. Sadly it didn't seem to fit a single horse I put it on.

I love my Tad Coffin for the same close contact feel of the butet but I preferred the slightly more forward flap of the butet.

Hate Devoucoux's and Antares simply b/c it is too much padding for my taste.

messemny
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
Love my CWD!!!!

Noctis
Sep. 13, 2009, 01:27 PM
I LOVE LOVE my ancient Collegiate of undetermined style. Its comfy, indestructible and looks amazing. And I think its almost as old as I am!

lynz
Sep. 13, 2009, 03:59 PM
I love my Amerigo! Granted the seat size is huge for me, but it has an extra long/forward flap which is about the only thing that has fit my supidly long leg!

Horseforthecourse
Sep. 13, 2009, 04:17 PM
Has anyone else heard of a saddle called an Aires? I don't believe that they make them anymore.

Gracious
Sep. 13, 2009, 06:39 PM
I call my Devoucoux Biarritz "my precious." My students know that if they scratch they're in deep...

theblondejumper
Sep. 13, 2009, 08:56 PM
Best saddle I ever rode in was a good ol PJ Delgrange. If I could find one used now I'd get it in a heartbeat. That is if I could afford it. And justify it since I bought a saddle a few years ago (Knight Ryder) that is holding up just fine. But that Delgrange.....*sigh*

tikihorse2
Sep. 13, 2009, 08:57 PM
I loved my Beval Natural, but it didn't fit my new boy, Dancer. I have a Pessoa Millennium, but I found it uncomfortable, and I wasn't happy with the way it fit my horse. Finally, I got my CWD, which fits both of us and is the most comfortable saddle I've ever sat in! The company is wonderful to deal with, too. :)

Kim