PDA

View Full Version : Is PedigreeQuery.Com Broken?

horselips
Sep. 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
Only as a matter of curiosity ~

I am trying to look up progeny of Five Star Dave - It says he doesn't exist. :confused:

Specifically, I'm trying to look up the pedigree of a horse under my care - a 3 or 4 yo gelding whose name also begins with "Five Star"

I figured I'd start with the obvious, and see if I could find him under FSD's progeny :winkgrin:

Of course, when I enter this horse's name it says he doesn't exist either.

TIA for any help re the pedigreequery site.

Laurierace
Sep. 10, 2009, 09:11 PM
Pedigree query is a do it yourself database. The horses aren't in there unless someone puts them in. Try brisnet instead. Did you mean Five Star Day, never heard of Five Start Dave?

tbracer65
Sep. 10, 2009, 09:17 PM
Pedigree query is a do it yourself database. The horses aren't in there unless someone puts them in. Try brisnet instead. Did you mean Five Star Day, never heard of Five Start Dave?

I'm thinking the same thing.....must mean Five Star Day.... would explain why Five Star Dave isn't there!!

Frog
Sep. 10, 2009, 10:07 PM
Thought maybe you meant Fourstardave!

Laurierace
Sep. 10, 2009, 10:15 PM
Well Dave's progeny should be a pretty quick search considering he was a gelding!

Frog
Sep. 10, 2009, 10:21 PM
Exactly... but if the poster mistakenly just saw "Five Star ..." and accidentally jumped to the conclusion that perhaps this horse was related to a famous horse named Five Star Dave... he/she may just be off a number... and a gender.

horselips
Sep. 12, 2009, 09:26 AM
You are all absolutely right - It was a combination of Five Star Day & Four Star Dave that I was looking for. :lol:

Once I typed in the correct info, I found my guy right away - not too shabby of a record: 13-2-4-4, winning almost $90,000 before bowing a tendon. Was a $170,000 Sept Keenland purchase.
Has Grey Dawn as a grandsire on the dam's side as well as Bold Ruler as a g-g-gs.