PDA

View Full Version : News for Capital Challenge Exhibitors with Pooches!!

Flashe
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:57 PM
Thought I'd share the release that went out today regarding this year's Capital Challenge and good news for those of you with possible doggie dilemmas!

Calling All Capital Pooches!

Gainesville, FL – September 10, 2009 – After a summer season of howling success at the northeast’s premiere equestrian events, The Pooch Paddock, the first on-premise “doggie day care” service for horse show exhibitors, will be giving VIPs [Very Important Pooches] a real treat at the upcoming Capital Challenge Horse Show.

Held at the Prince Georges Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro,MD beginning September 26th through October 4th,2009 will mark the 16th year of this highly competitive event. Unlike most of the famous Indoor Fall Circuits, Capital Challenge does not require riders to qualify to attend, with the exception of two special finals- the Ariat National Adult Medal and the Taylor Harris Insurance Services [THIS] National Children’s Medal. However, as at so many events, competitors often find themselves in a dilemma over what or where to trust their favorite travel companions- their dogs. It would appear fate stepped in to solve it, when one of the management team from Capital Challenge extended a personal invitation for The Pooch Paddock to provide doggie day care at one of the most prestigious horse shows on the hunter/jumper circuit.

“I am so excited to be able to wrap up our first year at one of the most exciting horse shows in the country! And even better that it is a horse show where the safety of the riders, dogs and horses is upheld by Capital Challenge’s strict ‘no unleashed dogs’ policy” an exuberant Alison Kratish, owner and C.E.O. [Canine Entertainment Officer] said. The Pooch Paddock spent the summer catering to an array of breeds at HITS Saugerties, the Saratoga Classic Horse Show, and the Vermont Summer Festival as their finale. “It’s been an amazing adventure. Show managers and exhibitors have welcomed our service with open arms. And getting to play with so many different types of dogs has been so much fun. We’ve catered to the comfort and safety of dogs from all over the country during our first year servicing the hunter/jumper community and even had some pooches from famous riders’ homes, though all are VIP’s once inside our gates.” Kratish said.

The Pooch Paddock will accommodate both exhibitor and spectator’s canine companions throughout the Capital Challenge show, with drop offs beginning at approximately 7:30 AM each morning, tail waggers can enjoy either half or full days of fun with the staff of the Paddock. Special evening hours can be arranged with Alison as needed. “It is such an honor to be invited to service such an accomplished group of horse people and their beloved dogs.” Alison said.

Alison gave up a successful job as a marketing manager for a top real estate development firm and a beautiful office on Manhattan’s posh Park Avenue to move into an RV camper for 35 to 45 weeks a year. “Some of my friends thought I was nuts, but I love my new life! I just felt this service was needed and turns put my instincts were correct. I have no regrets at all!” said Alison and then added with a laugh, “though I still miss my doorman at times!” The Pooch Paddock is set in a fenced and covered area at the horse shows which is sectioned to accommodate small, medium, and large dogs. All staff are versed in canine first aid as well as trained in other important aspects of dog handling to ensure the safety and comfort of precious pets while they enjoy their play dates. Dogs are entertained all day, have plenty of fresh cool water, treats and toys. Most importantly, the dogs are out of harm’s way and run no risk of being a nuisance or a danger to the horses and show attendees.

“We’re looking forward to being at Capital Challenge and would like to extend a personal invitation to all attendees to drop by our large tent, complete with dog sofas, beds and toys! Their best friends will be spoiled and exhibitors can be worry free while enjoying the show.” Alison said.

The Pooch Paddock is accepting advance reservations now for Capital Challenge. To learn more or to reserve space for your pooch, you can contact Alison by calling 917–664–3435 or drop a note to poochpaddock@gmail.com and be sure to visit them on the web at www.poochpaddock.com or their Facebook page.

PoochPaddock
Sep. 10, 2009, 11:51 PM
Are any of you having trouble finding accommodations for you AND your dog(s) during Capital Challenge?

Rollie Pollie
Sep. 15, 2009, 05:36 PM
Hi! Are you providing overnight service? I can't find a hotel that takes dogs. Thanks for the help!

PoochPaddock
Sep. 15, 2009, 06:10 PM
Rollie Pollie,

You have a PM. We are making special arrangements for overnighters.

Thanks,
PP