PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Fashion Question

Void
Sep. 9, 2009, 11:59 PM
Yea. So I just bought a used Pytchley Coat, its sooooo dark navy that its almost black. I've never owned a Navy coat in my life (I have a Grey and Hunter Green forever), I've borrowed one for Medals and such but never owned one.

Now my question is, what color shirts could I wear with this coat (aside from white obviously lol).

snaffle635
Sep. 10, 2009, 12:17 AM
I love light blue or lilac with navy. You can also wear yellow, peach, or pink.

superpony123
Sep. 10, 2009, 12:18 AM
anything pastel, for the most part. lavenders and light pinks, different shades of light blue. light minty green, even, depending on how it looks against the coat (im having a hard time picturing it, youd have to be the judge)

however, i really hate yellow/pastel yellow shirts with navy coats, even really dark ones. i dunno, it just looks ugly and funny to me.

Void
Sep. 10, 2009, 12:20 AM
however, i really hate yellow/pastel yellow shirts with navy coats, even really dark ones. i dunno, it just looks ugly and funny to me.

I don't look good in yellow so that won't be a problem :P lol I'd take a picture and post it but it's at the cleaners atm.

indygirl2560
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:09 AM
I have a dark navy jacket and it looks great with my light blue shirt, my lavender shirt, and of course the classic white. It seems like only certain people can pull off a peach or yellow shirt, and I'm not one of them! lol

spmoonie
Sep. 10, 2009, 08:13 AM
Im a big fan of white with some sort of subtle plaid/window pane/stripe on it. Otherwise, I like light blue.

Oldenburg99
Sep. 10, 2009, 10:41 AM
I got this awesome TS shirt from Dover. Its called Rowling. But its white with a purple/pink windowpane. Just a little bit a color - its very classy.

chawley
Sep. 10, 2009, 05:11 PM
Any light colored shirt typically looks nice w/ navy. I love good old fashion white too. I once had a white shirt w/ navy pin-stripes (I ruined it in the wash - boo!) that looked super nice w/ my navy coat.

AliCat
Sep. 10, 2009, 05:30 PM
I wear a white shirt with a blue window pattern. It is TS.

spmoonie
Sep. 10, 2009, 07:12 PM
I wear a white shirt with a blue window pattern. It is TS.

Yeah, Tailored Sportsman makes some very beautiful shirts!

nightmoves
Sep. 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
I've got a plum colored shirt that looks great with navy but I really love a high quality white shirt nicely pressed:)

JET11
Sep. 11, 2009, 01:58 PM
White and light. Tone it down. Nothing too loud.

showmom858
Sep. 11, 2009, 02:02 PM
Keep the colors light with the navy coat. DD has white, light blue and pale yellow that all look great with her solid navy coat and her navy coat with a light windowpane.