PDA

View Full Version : Ariat Bromonts?

kellyb
Sep. 9, 2009, 08:36 PM
Winter is coming :(

Does anyone have the ariat bromonts? I ride in tall boots daily, but my current ariats won't have enough room for thick winter socks. I saw the Bromonts have a pretty nice looking lining to them. I was wondering if anyone here had them...if they're warm, break in easy, similiar to other ariat boots, etc.

I have a pair of the mountain horse winter boots (rimfrost riders I think). SUPER warm for doing barn chores/etc, but I hate riding in them. The sole is so thick and clunky, it does me no good. Plus the panels are thick and slippery, I can barely get a grip on my horse.

Feedback appreciated!

rottngirl
Sep. 9, 2009, 11:49 PM
I am a total cold-weather wimp so a pair of insulated water-proof boots was a MUST for me :cool:

Yup, have the Bromonts and LOVE them. Unlike their regular field boot leather that feels very stiff to me, these are super soft and silky from the get-go. The footbed is fabulous and not at all clunky to me. Although after moving to the Der Dau's that have a very thin sole I'm not sure how these will feel in comparison come winter.

They are toasty warm, even if you have to slog through cold mud in them.

The inside/inner calf part is suede for better grip.

Two thumbs up for these boots!! By far my favorite Ariat product :D

Coppers mom
Sep. 10, 2009, 12:08 AM
I love mine so much, and they fit so well, I use them to show in the winter. Winter, being that I'm a pansy, usually starts as soon as it drops below 72* :lol:

They do look better than they do in the pictures though, I don't know what's up with that.

kellyb
Sep. 10, 2009, 12:51 AM
Great. Did you guys order the same size that you have in your normal tall boots? I'll probably buy these mail order, and I have the perfect size boots right now, don't want to mess up a good thing...since we know tall boot shopping sucks!!

Coppers mom
Sep. 10, 2009, 01:27 AM
I ordered the same size, but I already had a pair of Ariats. They seemed to fit immediately though, and didn't need to be stretched out. So if you're ordering them, that's the size they'll be/maybe a tad bit bigger. I'm not complaining, I hate feeling like my legs are going to fall off for that first week.

rottngirl
Sep. 10, 2009, 01:30 AM
Yup, same size!!

And there was zero break in time -- heaven!!! :winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin:

Great. Did you guys order the same size that you have in your normal tall boots? I'll probably buy these mail order, and I have the perfect size boots right now, don't want to mess up a good thing...since we know tall boot shopping sucks!!