lauriep
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:38 PM
Absolutely.

OAK
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:52 PM
You better get it quick. It is great!!

LexInVA
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:53 PM
Don't tell people you bought one. They'll shank ya for it.

katerenee
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:58 PM
Buy it! :yes: The TB stallion he uses in that video is awesome!

JOBEAN
Sep. 9, 2009, 07:39 PM
Buy it! :yes: The TB stallion he uses in that video is awesome!

Simbalu??

HollBear
Sep. 9, 2009, 07:44 PM
buy it. Excellent video!!! I want to convert mine to DVD.

Horseforthecourse
Sep. 9, 2009, 07:47 PM
It is very informative. I especially like the conformation section and would highly recommend it.

The working hunter is a great example of a truly brillant horse over fences. It is Simbalu. There is also a great example of 'great' moving big bay horse in the video as their movement example. You don't see them go like that often.

copper1
Sep. 10, 2009, 06:26 AM
I would love to put mine on DVD but can't do it so if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them! I am so afraid it is going to deteriorate.

je.suis
Sep. 10, 2009, 08:29 AM
Rodney anything is worth purchasing. I ran across some old Lake Placid pics of him. What a horseman! I love to watch him ride. One of the truly greats.

katerenee
Sep. 10, 2009, 06:02 PM
Simbalu??

Yes! Thats it, Thanks...brain fart, I couldn't think of his name for anything!

TRIPLEQUAD
Sep. 10, 2009, 08:32 PM
What do you think I should be willing to pay for it?

JOBEAN
Sep. 10, 2009, 10:09 PM
What ever you can afford. Its a great video. Simbalu is amazing... btw..stamps his get with with all his fab qualities!! Rodney is amazing!! Get to see both of them in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

JET11
Sep. 11, 2009, 12:56 PM
The best

BAC
Sep. 11, 2009, 03:39 PM
I would love to put mine on DVD but can't do it so if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them! I am so afraid it is going to deteriorate.

I have taken some of my VHS tapes to our local camera shop, who converts to DVD. Sometimes I give the IT guys at work a few bucks to do it for me too. Tapes will definitely deteriorate after about 10 years so do it sooner rather than later.

copper1
Sep. 13, 2009, 07:24 AM
I have taken some of my VHS tapes to our local camera shop, who converts to DVD. Sometimes I give the IT guys at work a few bucks to do it for me too. Tapes will definitely deteriorate after about 10 years so do it sooner rather than later.

I will try that. I had some computer geek friends attempt and failed but camera shop guys may have better/different equipment. Thanks!

tenacity
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:04 PM
I recently picked up a second copy in a tack store sale bin. I love the video, but am thinking I should stop being greedy and sell one. How much are they going for on eBay?

copper1 - please let me know if they are able to transfer it for you. I would also like to do that, but was told there was some "lock" on the VHS for copyright purposes that prevented transfer.

BAC
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:13 PM
copper1 - please let me know if they are able to transfer it for you. I would also like to do that, but was told there was some "lock" on the VHS for copyright purposes that prevented transfer.

I hadn't thought of that, the video I had transferred to DVD was something I had taped myself. But I do have exercise videos that say they are unable to be copied for just that reason that you stated. :(

TRIPLEQUAD
Sep. 18, 2009, 06:38 PM
This video is getting kinda pricey.

Clarence
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:40 AM
Anyone been able to convert it to DVD yet? I recently purchased one and would like to preserve it for future use.

TimelyImpulse
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:21 PM
I found it for $299 on Amazon, but there are several online places you can rent it too.

One of my OTTBs was a Rodney Jenkins horse.

SkipChange
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:24 PM
I found it for $299 on Amazon, but there are several online places you can rent it too.

One of my OTTBs was a Rodney Jenkins horse.

$299?????

TimelyImpulse
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000NJD4C4/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Selecting Hunters and Jumpers with Rodney Jenkins

SkipChange
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:38 PM
wow, couldn't believe my eyes for a second. Didn't think a video would be that expensive, but sounds like it has a wealth of information

FrenchFrytheEqHorse
Dec. 15, 2009, 04:33 PM
If one has *any* disposable income, this video is absolutely worth every single penny. It is truly a staple of any video collection. Occasionally, copies appear on eBay, but they never go for less than a few hundred dollars. This tape is coveted by EVERYONE that doesn't have a copy!

sixpoundfarm
Dec. 15, 2009, 04:51 PM
That is ridiculous. I have the video, but I would not pay $300 for it! I think I paid $15 on a craigslist ad. I just saw it go on Ebay for $40 something.
If you are patient you just may find one.

MEADOWLARK
Dec. 15, 2009, 05:41 PM
I got mine for $5 when my local tack store stopped renting videos!

Blinky
Dec. 15, 2009, 07:41 PM
Yes, its a great video!
When I was back in the buying market a few years ago I dug that bad boy out. Watched it, drooled, and took notes. It was very helpful to me.

WWYD?
Dec. 15, 2009, 07:48 PM
Meadowlark, you are very lucky.

I got mine on ebay last year for $150. I was going to watch it then resell, but liked it enough to keep it instead. This way, I can watch it anytime I want. It's discontinued, so you just can't pick them up.

copper1
Dec. 16, 2009, 06:51 AM
I got a local video guy to convert mine! I was so glad since I wanted to preserve it like FOREVER! LOL! Anyone want to buy mine, make an offer!;-)

Clarence
Dec. 21, 2009, 04:38 PM
I want to sell mine too.

I would like to sell it to someone here before putting it on ebay.

If you want this tape, make an offer through PM.

Nottingham
Dec. 21, 2009, 11:49 PM
I got a local video guy to convert mine! I was so glad since I wanted to preserve it like FOREVER! LOL! Anyone want to buy mine, make an offer!;-)

So converting it DIDN'T destroy it as warned by the sticker? Good, I'd like to convert mine. I hate having to drag the VCR out when I want to watch it.

copper1
Dec. 22, 2009, 06:53 AM
The video guy told me that isn't going to happen, despite the warning in the tape.

SportsFan46
Dec. 22, 2009, 09:52 AM
When he says, " I didn't make Idle Dice, he made me " I teared up!

Gry2Yng
Dec. 22, 2009, 10:34 PM
I have the equipment to convert VHS to DVD if someone wants to pm me, I can try to help.

Chic Hunter
Dec. 22, 2009, 10:57 PM
I would love the chance to borrow a copy........

Kinsella
Dec. 22, 2009, 11:13 PM
Anyone want to rent out theirs? :D

ZIL
Oct. 4, 2014, 03:45 PM
PSA!!!!!!!

On the Equestrians Back in the Day group on Facebook, the producer of the video has offered to look into selling DVD copies. She requested that you email her if you are interested at cathy.dwyercat@gmail.com.

You're welcome.