PDA

View Full Version : Same Grandioso?

SerenaGinger
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:31 PM
from Eurodressage.com (http://www.eurodressage.com/news/dressage/america/2009/usa_grandioso.html)

Grandioso, A New Ride for Dr. Cesar Parra

September 8, 2009

Grandioso and ParraOlympic dressage rider Dr. Cesar Parra has obtained the ride on a new horse, Grandioso. The dark bay Westfalian gelding was sold by its owner and trainer Jason Canton. Grandioso is by Grosso Z out of Popocateptal (by Palisandergrund) and is bred in Germany by Willi Hillebrecht.

Is this the same Grandioso Courtney King-Dye was/is riding?

mickeydoodle
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:33 PM
No, different one.

DownYonder
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:36 PM
from Eurodressage.com (http://www.eurodressage.com/news/dressage/america/2009/usa_grandioso.html)

Grandioso, A New Ride for Dr. Cesar Parra

September 8, 2009

Grandioso and ParraOlympic dressage rider Dr. Cesar Parra has obtained the ride on a new horse, Grandioso. The dark bay Westfalian gelding was sold by its owner and trainer Jason Canton. Grandioso is by Grosso Z out of Popocateptal (by Palisandergrund) and is bred in Germany by Willi Hillebrecht.

Is this the same Grandioso Courtney King-Dye was/is riding?

ParraOlympic dressage rider Dr. Cesar Parra? You're kidding, right?

And no, it is not the same Grandioso. Courtney's Grandioso is a PRE.

SerenaGinger
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:36 PM
Oh, I figured out it isn't the same horse, but exact same name. Some clarification would be nice :)

Some where the cut and paste got Cesar Parra's last name next to Olympic dressage rider! Oh, I figured it out. The photo got pasted too, and it's title is, "Grandioso and Parra."

carovet
Sep. 10, 2009, 04:54 AM
Jason's Grandioso was champion 6 year old 2 years ago at the nat'l young horse championships, and is an extremely impressive horse. I felt he was a step above the rest from the moment he stepped in the ring (though there were many lovely talented horses, including mine ;)).

I saw him do the psg and i-1 test at regionals last year as a 7 year old (which he either won or was 2nd i think..) and he still looked super.

I hope he does well for his new owner but am sad to see Jason sell him.
Though on the flip side now I won't have to compete against him in this area :winkgrin:

Equibrit
Sep. 10, 2009, 03:50 PM
ParraOlympic dressage rider Dr. Cesar Parra? You're kidding, right?

Just a play on words.

Courtney King Rides Grandioso III owned by Hampton Green Farms.

lduhamel
Sep. 10, 2009, 10:28 PM
If this is Jason's horse he is lovely and exceptionally talented. It was reported last year or early this year in our local GMO newsletter that Jason suffered a stroke. Have heard no updates on his condition, but that may be a possible reason for the sale of a talented horse that he seemed to have a beautiful partnership with. Very sad that they are no longer together, whatever the reason.

KO
Sep. 13, 2009, 07:27 PM
Jason is doing fine. I saw him yesterday. This dressage game is a hobby for some and a business for others. I think Jason just made a good, simple business decision. He had the rare opportunity to actually make some money on an investment in a dressage horse and he took it. I think it's a simple as that.

DownYonder
Sep. 13, 2009, 07:40 PM
Jason is doing fine. I saw him yesterday. This dressage game is a hobby for some and a business for others. I think Jason just made a good, simple business decision. He had the rare opportunity to actually make some money on an investment in a dressage horse and he took it. I think it's a simple as that.

Yep, and I don't blame him one bit. It was a good business decision. I guess it paid off handsomely - Jason was sporting a brand new BMW convertible at the show yesterday. I wish him, the horse, the new owners and new rider all the best.

Gallop On
Sep. 14, 2009, 05:14 PM
Jason's Grandioso is one of the most beautiful horses I have ever touched in my life. And sweet, too.