PDA

View Full Version : GPA warranty

Greg
Sep. 9, 2009, 04:27 PM
I did a quick search on these forums but was unable to find the answer. I bought my GPA a little over a month ago. A friend told me that her friend told her that GPA has a warranty that allows you to purchase a new GPA at cost if yours is compromised within one year. I have a receipt dated July 24, 2009, but no other paper work. (shame on me.) I also can't figure out where I should contact. The kiosk told me to contact GPA directly - I think I did, but it was in German... so I am not sure if I potentially ordered a beer. Either way, there has been no response.

Does anyone know if such a warranty exists? If it does - where should I go from here? I purchased it from a kiosk at the Rosemont show. The GPA saved my bacon - or at least my head. I am so impressed with it's strength. I only had it a month though, and shelling out another $500 bucks is impossible at this time. If such a warranty exists, it would make me very happy!

KateKat
Sep. 9, 2009, 04:59 PM
I would hope they do...I know that IRH has a replacement program where you send the damaged helmet back (I think they like to tear them apart and see what can be improved) and you can buy the same model at a fraction of the price.

Did you already try going here http://www.gpa-sport.com/en/home.php ?

Elementgrl2
Sep. 9, 2009, 09:11 PM
contact the store you bought it from.

Greg
Sep. 10, 2009, 12:24 PM
I contacted the store, and they told me to contact GPA. The GPA website KateKat gave me is the site I sent my original e-mail to. I know it is a long shot, but was wondering if anyone had their original warrenty handy from their own GPA. I bought the helmet from the Champion Saddlery trailer at the Rosemont horse show. I called them yesterday, and while she was very genial, she didn't offer much information beyond telling me to call them back after GPA tells me to tell them what to do.

The GPA website is quite impressive,but does not offer a phone number (that I could find) that connected to an actual person. I wonder if this is because it is an International company and the language crossover is an issue?

JA
Sep. 10, 2009, 12:36 PM
GPA's replacement policy is as follows: You must return the helmet to the tack store from which you bought it, in this case Champion Saddlery with in 1 year with a letter stating how the helmet saved you etc. Most reputable tack shops will gladly take the helmet back and replace it for about $150 ( I think) and send it back to Frantisi themselves. Frantisi is who distributes the GPA in the US and Canada. If Champion Saddlery won't maybe try a bigger shop like Beval or Dover but chances are they will tell you to take it back to Champion

rottngirl
Sep. 10, 2009, 01:19 PM
From my GPA pur chased about 6 months ago:

For service or claims under the warranty please see your GPA dealer. GPA agrees to supply the dealer free of charge with a replacement for any defective component required to repair the hardhat for a period of one year from the date of the purchase invoice.

Good luck! and keep us posted on how this turns out!!

Tha Ridge
Sep. 10, 2009, 05:54 PM
From my GPA pur chased about 6 months ago:

For service or claims under the warranty please see your GPA dealer. GPA agrees to supply the dealer free of charge with a replacement for any defective component required to repair the hardhat for a period of one year from the date of the purchase invoice.

Good luck! and keep us posted on how this turns out!!

I believe that that has to do with a GPA that has a defect, not a helmet that has been damaged due to a fall.

rottngirl
Sep. 11, 2009, 12:28 AM
Ah, you could be right.

It was the only thing pertaining to a warranty on the GPA tags that came with it though :confused:

I believe that that has to do with a GPA that has a defect, not a helmet that has been damaged due to a fall.

klmck63
Sep. 11, 2009, 01:48 AM
GPA's replacement policy is as follows: You must return the helmet to the tack store from which you bought it, in this case Champion Saddlery with in 1 year with a letter stating how the helmet saved you etc. Most reputable tack shops will gladly take the helmet back and replace it for about $150 ( I think) and send it back to Frantisi themselves. Frantisi is who distributes the GPA in the US and Canada. If Champion Saddlery won't maybe try a bigger shop like Beval or Dover but chances are they will tell you to take it back to Champion

:yes::yes: This was exactly what I had to do to get my replacement last year after I cracked mine. I didn't get the replacement right away though. They mailed it to the tack shop after they had received mine. (Mind you they might just not have had one in the right size, I have a humungous head).

Guin
Sep. 11, 2009, 05:32 PM
I know when my daughter landed head-down in her cheapo International helmet, I sent it back to the company directly and they sent me a replacement for $50. They also sent me a report on the damage to the helmet - I guess they x-ray them and take them apart. It was REALLY interesting - there was no visible damage BUT there was a hairline crack halfway up one side that would have failed if she'd landed on it again.