PDA

View Full Version : What is the "cool" kind of glove to wear in the jumpers?

APirateLooksAtForty
Sep. 9, 2009, 03:54 PM
Still crochet-back or something else? TIA!

Curb Appeal
Sep. 9, 2009, 04:50 PM
I can't answer your question, but I just have to say I love your user name! It's one of my all time favorite Jimmy songs.

_downpour_
Sep. 9, 2009, 05:15 PM
Do you mean the 'in' kind of glove?
I think the roeckl vesta ones are still quite popular, at least with the hunters & eq riders.

BOA1991
Sep. 9, 2009, 05:21 PM
Roekl Chester Gloves in black I think are the "cool" thing.

Nadonyalife
Sep. 9, 2009, 05:27 PM
None.

TB110
Sep. 9, 2009, 05:33 PM
My daughter got a pair of SSG Grand Prix Bling Gloves. Every where she goes she gets great comments and she just loves them. Don't know if they are "cool" or not though...

SkipChange
Sep. 9, 2009, 05:41 PM
Roeckl is a safe bet. I wear white crochet-back sometimes though because that's what I school in.

WorthTheWait95
Sep. 9, 2009, 06:59 PM
Roekl Chester Gloves in black I think are the "cool" thing.

Roekl Chester Gloves are the BEST gloves I've ever owned. There's a legit reason why they're so popular! They give you tons of grip and you don't even know you're wearing them. I can put a bridle on with them on and have no trouble doing up all the straps and getting the excess through the keepers. I've never had gloves that let me do that before!

I will say Roekl has another type out that is super grippy. They are kind of suede/brown on the back and the palm side has an interesting sort of sticky material. Those gloves were great for my super sweater, I never slipped my reins but my dog chewed them and I swapped to the chesters b/c that's what FarmHouse had at the show IIRC. If you need extra grip those are the way to go though.

SkipChange
Sep. 9, 2009, 07:53 PM
Roekl Chester Gloves are the BEST gloves I've ever owned. There's a legit reason why they're so popular! They give you tons of grip and you don't even know you're wearing them. I can put a bridle on with them on and have no trouble doing up all the straps and getting the excess through the keepers. I've never had gloves that let me do that before!

I love Roeckls because I can text with them on :D Definitely the best glove for being able to really use your fingers!

hideyourheart03
Sep. 9, 2009, 09:13 PM
The new Roeckl gloves that don't let you get tan lines (I don't know what the name of the style is) look awesome....

spmoonie
Sep. 9, 2009, 10:17 PM
Love love love my Roekls!

Horseshowaddict
Sep. 9, 2009, 10:30 PM
I ride in the Roekl Solar when Im in Florida. They are super comfy. Id like them better if they didnt have the funny little lightning bolts on them. They DO work though. Hooray for no glove tan!

tBHj
Sep. 9, 2009, 10:30 PM
Any Roekl gloves. They`re stylish & functional.

APirateLooksAtForty
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:15 PM
For some reason I was thinking the Roeckls were more for the hunters. Thanks for the advice.

BAC
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:17 PM
The new Roeckl gloves that don't let you get tan lines (I don't know what the name of the style is) look awesome....

Those are the Solar Roeckls, its like wearing nothing. :yes:

BAC
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:18 PM
Still crochet-back or something else? TIA!

I didn't think anyone wore the crochet back gloves anymore (except me in the summer).

Equibrit
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:25 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UTcSHMQarqEokM:http://wirelessdigest.typepad

DMK
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:29 PM
i think PNWjumper and I were agreeing about the joys of roeckls on some earlier thread, so there's your hunter to jumper perspective. But we also agreed that these new (at the time) ariat tek grip insulated gloves were heaven, so much so we needed to try the regular version. i bought 'em, but spent most of that time since with my hand/thumb in a ginormous splint so i can't speak with any authority about the non-insulated version. ;)

forward ride
Sep. 10, 2009, 02:34 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UTcSHMQarqEokM:http://wirelessdigest.typepad

LOL!!! :D

Seven-up
Sep. 10, 2009, 06:56 PM
Those are the Solar Roeckls, its like wearing nothing. :yes:

Shut up! ;) They have gloves that don't leave tan lines?! You mean I only need to deal with farmer tan and no glove lines? I must have some.

And...am I crazy or is that a Michael Jackson sequined glove?

BAC
Sep. 11, 2009, 09:49 AM
Shut up! ;) They have gloves that don't leave tan lines?! You mean I only need to deal with farmer tan and no glove lines? I must have some.

I meant it in a good way, they are very fine mesh, I would love a pair myself but was too cheap to buy them, I already have enough gloves.

Giddy-up
Sep. 11, 2009, 10:10 AM
I show in the jumpers with Neumans. They are black with the gray palm & fingers. I don't know if they are "cool", but I like them. Good stick.

I have a pair of black Roeckls for the eq & hunters. Which I really like, but they are so thin they already look worn & have a slice. Not sure which style they are? Now I want to see a pair of those Chester ones.

And at home I wear those SSG crochet gloves. They work well for schooling & I do chores in them.

caradino
Sep. 11, 2009, 10:11 AM
i just got my new pair of roeckls in the mail yesterday... the hampton ones i think? the all-leather slip on ones with no velcro. soooo soft and yummy and grippy. i can't WAIT to ride in them! plus the 6 1/2 size is the only one that really truly fits my long skinny fingers. love!

feetofclay1678
Sep. 11, 2009, 10:53 AM
Roeckles are by far the best gloves I have ever worn. Soft, thin, and a great grip on them. I ride in a pair of Debbie McDonalds(think the name is Ulla Salzgebar now) for the past 2 years now and they are wonderful. Starting to get lots of wear marks now, but they have held up pretty well. Great mesh backs to keep your hands cool. I used to hate wearing gloves 'cause it felt like me hands suffocated:lol: not anymore though!

Seven-up
Sep. 11, 2009, 02:18 PM
I meant it in a good way, they are very fine mesh, I would love a pair myself but was too cheap to buy them, I already have enough gloves.

Heheh, I meant shut up in a good way too.:D

hellerkm
Sep. 11, 2009, 07:14 PM
I got a box of riding clothes for DD today from a friend, really nice things for her to show in. In the box was a childs pair of the Roeckls LOL! Until I opened this thread yesterday I had never heard of them ( I did google them last night) they are really nice!!! I just thought it was funny after reading about them that a pair came in my mail today!! DD is wearing them to show this weekend!