PDA

View Full Version : Looking for show barn in NW Mass/S VT/E. NY

Nadonyalife
Sep. 8, 2009, 09:04 PM
Hi--

DD may be going to Williams College next year. Who is w/in reasonable (e.g., an hour's) reach of Williamstown?

Thanks!

boosma47
Sep. 9, 2009, 02:02 PM
There are several barns in the area though I wouldn't term any as show barns in the usual sense. Williams has a riding team which is coached by Lisa DeMayo at Bonnie Lea Farm. Perhaps the one trainer who shows the most locally is Linda Potvin Orton. She has been teaching students at Clover Hill Farm here and I believe is opening or has opened her own barn in Hoosick Falls NY (1/2 hour away). She doesn't do Fla, but covers the Albany district shows, HITS Saugeties, VT, St Clements and Skidmore.

Do you have your own horse?

About an hour southwest is Winslow, in Valatie, near Chatham. Leann Kelly does WEF, but is otherwise here. Extremely knowledgeable, a fantastic rider and trainer.

Three Winds Farm, Averill Park NY is a little closer. Betsy Worthington spends winters in Ocala.

White Horse Hill, Richmond (south of Pittsfield) has Judy Sprague and Elise Volastro. They do local shows and Elise goes to the larger shows above. She may go to Ocala, too.

PM me if you need any specifics on these suggestions.

Nadonyalife
Sep. 9, 2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks so much! Sent you a pm.

Nadonyalife
Sep. 16, 2009, 01:14 PM
Bump--just send another pm.