PDA

View Full Version : Michigan people , Scott Hofstetter clinic in Oct

MIKES MCS
Sep. 8, 2009, 05:38 PM
Not sure if this is advertising or not (I am not affiliated with this place ) I just thought it was a bargin . If anyone is interested, it's just a little north of Grand Rapids, and it's only $275.00 for The TWO days! this is off the website :

Registration Fees: Breakfast and lunch included with entries and auditor fee

USHJA and/or LMHJA Members $250.00 / Non-Members $275.00 Audit - 1 day - $45.00 / Audit - 2 Day - $90.00

Stall $50.00 for the weekend

Limited openings of 3 -2 hour session per day with 8 riders per session. Space is limited and will close fast. Entry deadline is September 30, 2009

Deposit of 1/2 down is required with entry form (non-refundable) and balance due at time of clinic

Hospitality Tent both days sponsored by Lake Michigan Hunter and Jumper Association.

For more information or registration forms contact Becky Bradley at 616-887-1419.

Gracious
Sep. 8, 2009, 08:47 PM
Do you know what days in October?

snaffle635
Sep. 8, 2009, 11:34 PM
I rode with Scott this past spring and LOVED it. This is a very good price for a clinician of his calibre.

MIKES MCS
Sep. 9, 2009, 09:38 AM
Oh , Sorry , I just went on the site and looked, Oct 10th and 11th I think ?? although it says 11 & 12 .. but that would be a Sunday and Monday I will see if I can find out for sure .. and post back, It is a very good price ..

MIKES MCS
Sep. 9, 2009, 09:44 AM
OK it's the 10th and 11th and the contact 616-887-1419 ..

nlk
Sep. 9, 2009, 10:38 AM
Is this going to be Jumpers, Hunters, or Equitation?? Does anyone know? I might go but depending on the focus will depend if I take a horse or audit.....

Thanks for the info!

MIKES MCS
Sep. 9, 2009, 01:29 PM
All of the above from what I gather with quite a bit of gymnastics and flat work ..

Justice
Sep. 9, 2009, 04:55 PM
Eeeek!

BuddyRoo
Sep. 9, 2009, 05:01 PM
Neat! I might like to audit. Not going to be riding ready for anything of that caliber in Oct.

JRHunter2006
Sep. 9, 2009, 07:52 PM
Eeeek!

Is that a good "eeeek!" or a bad "eeeek!"?

Justice
Sep. 14, 2009, 08:44 AM
It's a "Scott Hofstetter is coming HERE and I can't ride in the clinic eeek." I don't think anyone would appreciate me showing up with an unbroke 2 YO, and Justice is leased out in kiddieland. Note that the fact that I have not ridden in 6 years does not hold me back at all... minor detail. I hope he comes back next year.

MIKES MCS
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:12 AM
Well Heck girl , u have eyes don't you , did you forget how to use them??? you can come audit Scott, Um I mean audit his clinic that is ... LOL

findeight
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:57 AM
That is a good price...those I have spoken with who enjoyed his clinics were Hunter riders able to get around at least a 2'6" or so course with oxers.

He may be very good with others but cannot speak to that.

JRHunter2006
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:57 AM
I am signed up to do it with both my horses, and a few other people from my barn are doing it too. According to the website though, I am riding in every division with multiple horses :-)

colbeyjack
Sep. 14, 2009, 11:59 AM
Can anyone tell me more about the location? What farm is it at? I'm from the area. Thanks!

JRHunter2006
Sep. 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
It is at Alpine Ridge Farm (http://www.alpineridgefarms.com/index.cfm) in Sparta, which is north of Grand Rapids.

slp
Sep. 14, 2009, 12:18 PM
I am signed up to do it with both my horses, and a few other people from my barn are doing it too. According to the website though, I am riding in every division with multiple horses :-)

Why don't you drop them an email or give a call to get that corrected? :winkgrin: I was scared there for a minute when I saw it and thought to myself "just HOW MUCH is this thing going to cost me??" :lol: :lol: :lol:

dcm
Sep. 14, 2009, 01:01 PM
Why don't you drop them an email or give a call to get that corrected? :winkgrin: I was scared there for a minute when I saw it and thought to myself "just HOW MUCH is this thing going to cost me??" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would pay just to see her ride two in one division... :winkgrin:

Justice
Sep. 14, 2009, 02:11 PM
I do want to audit, but it may just make me bitter. At least I'll get to watch everyone! We must have a COTH meet up.

MIKES MCS
Sep. 14, 2009, 04:20 PM
Well if your going JUSTICE , I think I will have to come too and bring refreshments , the kind that will make you UN bitter , ( this is of course if your not Preggers again)???? And BTW what are you doing with an unbroke 2 year old , where is - are the pony-eeeeees for your children? isn't that why you had them, so you can have Pony-eeeees?????

JRHunter2006
Sep. 14, 2009, 07:57 PM
I would pay just to see her ride two in one division... :winkgrin:

That would be very entertaining! Not too sure how it would end up.... :lol:
And I did email them to correct it, they just used my name because I told them to hold the spots until our money came, and they said they would fix it when they could... no worries, you won't have to pay for everyone!

Justice
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:00 PM
No, I am not pregnant, and barring some sort of divine intervention, will never be again. My kids are already 3 and 5, if you can believe it.

I know, I am a bad mom. But, the filly is out of a Jupiter mare (Justice's sire) and by Escapade, and was so my type of horse we had to buy her although it's completely impractical for the next couple of years. She's at Moushon's at pasture, being a baby. And she's little, so I figure she'll make a great small junior for the girls in about 20 years when their dad decides it's easier to let them jump 3'6" than go on a date.

I definitely want to audit one day, or maybe pay for both and just go for part of each.