PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Eq Boots

showmom858
Sep. 8, 2009, 02:40 PM
DD's horse has been wearing the eq boots we had for one of our previous horses and they do not fit him well. We need to invest in some decent boots for him as DD will be doing the 3'6" eq on him next season. The current boots have a sheepskin lining, but we would like to get new ones that do not have the sheepskin.

Her horse is a 16.3 had TB so he does not have huge legs. What boots do you use on your horses that you have been happy with? I am hoping to be able to find a good pair used once I research and find out which ones we like. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

JinxyFish313
Sep. 8, 2009, 03:38 PM
Does he need to go in boots?

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question but I want to get out a mini rant: When did it become a fashion requirement for 3'6" Eq horses to wear boots? Unless a horse really needs them, I find them distracting.

If he really requires them, I like the T Boots and the "LTD" ones that Beval has. I use both on my jumpers. I used to like Eskadron boots but I don't like how the velcro centers the pressure in a smallish middle section of the boot. Leather boots with individual velcro, buckle or stud closures spread it out further up and down the length of the boot.

klein64
Sep. 8, 2009, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure what your price range is... Equifit has some really beautiful ones, but they can be quite pricey.

spmoonie
Sep. 8, 2009, 05:20 PM
My first choice would be the Equifit T Boot Luxe model. If that doesnt work, I would go with CWD.

rockfordbuckeye
Sep. 8, 2009, 06:35 PM
dumb question from the newbie (but seriously, how else will I learn?!?): how do you know if a horse needs boots?

heartinrye
Sep. 8, 2009, 07:05 PM
I *just* got some Hadfield's boots (brand new on ebay- so still pricey but not as pricey) they are GORGEOUS. I highly suggest them, they look very well made and the leather is pliable and a lovely color. Mine do have sheepskin (but not the kind that pops out the side, its not noticeable once they are on) because my horse has to have soft stuff on his skin otherwise is cuts and sores galore (even got some from my equifit's which I love love love), but I guess I should have known better seeing as he's a chestnut with lots and lots of chrome!