PDA

View Full Version : Gone West Euthanized

VirginiaBred
Sep. 8, 2009, 01:40 PM
Gone West was euthanized Monday night because of complications following colic surgery. He was 25.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/52474/major-sire-gone-west-euthanized?utm_source=BreakingNews&utm_medium=email

RIP Gone West. :(:(:(

Equilibrium
Sep. 8, 2009, 01:42 PM
Oh that's sad, but I guess he did have a pretty good life. I just loved working with his babies. They were intelligent and wonderful to be around. He made a huge contribution to TB breeding.

Terri

Blinkers On
Sep. 8, 2009, 01:50 PM
RIP. One of my fav past horses was by Gone West. Sad to see him go, but his life was pretty good!

MintHillFarm
Sep. 8, 2009, 02:18 PM
I remember when he was running, doesn't seem that long ago! I visited him a few times when I was in KY, beautiful horse...

Laurierace
Sep. 8, 2009, 02:24 PM
Wow that article sure didn't have much to say. Godspeed to one of the greats.

inmotion
Sep. 8, 2009, 02:33 PM
I have a welsh/tb pony filly....her grand pappy is Gone West......she has his beautiful head and eye......she also loves to run......

Barnfairy
Sep. 8, 2009, 02:39 PM
How sad. :(

Since the Blood Horse as yet seems to be lacking in updating their report,

The TB Times article is a bit more forthcoming: Gone West euthanized after complications from colic (http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/breeding-news/2009/September/08/Gone-West-euthanized-after-complications-from-colic.aspx).

ASB Stars
Sep. 8, 2009, 04:33 PM
How many fabulous sires are out of those Secretariat mares? A bunch of great ones. He'll sure be missed!

Buffyblue
Sep. 8, 2009, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news. I met his breeder back in 1990. He's gone now too.

Everythingbutwings
Sep. 9, 2009, 07:01 AM
How many fabulous sires are out of those Secretariat mares?

I was just recalling them myself. AP Indy, Gone West, Storm Cat, Dehere, Summer Squall. It's quite a legacy, especially the first three.

horse-loverz
Sep. 9, 2009, 07:37 AM
I have a Gone West son.. I love him to pieces best mind I have seen. RIP Gone West you will be missed.:cry:

Louise
Sep. 10, 2009, 08:06 AM
I look for Gone West in a pedigree when listing new horses. We have had several offspring listed on the Finger Lakes Trainer's Listings and they have been beautiful horses with lovely dispositions. I bet that there are quite a few out there in successful second careers.

RIP Gone West

mellsmom
Sep. 14, 2009, 10:38 AM
He was my boy's grandsire.
Condolences to all connected to him.

vineyridge
Sep. 14, 2009, 05:22 PM
Gone West was one of the best. :sadsmile: