PDA

View Full Version : The perfect ride!

bhrunner06
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:43 PM
Dont you just love when you have that perfect ride?

I had the most lovely flat school on my boy tonight...the weather was PERFECT fall type weather, a cool breeze, the sun was setting, freshly drug arena, the other horses out playing in the fields...a perfect evening for a lovely ride!

It seems like everything finally clicked for Guinness tonight during our ride! Our flat work has always been decent, but not perfect...always leans on the right side (but strong on left side of his mouth) and not very supple. Well, tonight, I had a perfectly light horse who was super supple and nicely responsive to my aids. It was just an amazing feeling to have him going as he should! We always get pieces of the puzzle..but tonight, the puzzle was finally put together! He was so relaxed, yet ready to do whatever I asked!

Such a good boy! This has been a LONG time coming and I am SO glad it is finally coming together!!! Just in time for our George Morris clinic!! (perfect timing..have another 2ish weeks to keep it going this well!)

Just thought I would share my lovely ride!

SkipChange
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:50 PM
I love a happy post! :) I too had a fabulous ride today, dear WB was really nailing his lead changes. So jealous that you're going to clinic with GM, have fun!

zoryphoros
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:25 PM
I totally agree!

The past few weeks I've been looking for a new horse. Meaning I haven't been able to ride my little guy "for real" in the longest time. He was perfect as a peach on Saturday :yes:. I could leave out strides, condense strides, get changes in the corners, and any distance just was perfect. It made me wonder why I'm selling him in the first place. Then I remembered when I got on the new horse and trainer jacked the fences up two feet :lol:.

tBHj
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:47 PM
I haven't ridden for 3 days but my last ride was a good one.