PDA

View Full Version : Very sad. Todo K broke down in the last race of the season at Saratoga.

cajunbelle
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:13 PM
Sad ending to the Saratoga season as I watched ToDo K breakdown in the final stretch of the final race of the season. Very cute 3 yr old gelding! My girls were devastated to see the horse drop and the screen brought in. Our thoughts go out to this pretty horse and his handlers.

MintHillFarm
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:27 PM
I am so sorry for that horse and that you and your daughters had to see it happen.
It's always really painful to read about the breakdowns but to see it, I am sure was awful...

Glimmerglass
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:46 PM
Sad to hear and I'll skip watching the replay tonight. Note this was just the meet's third fatality, all of them occured on the turf.

I'll assume that Todo K's jockey, Ramon Dominguez, who was the meet's leading rider was unhurt. No mention of the details have otherwise been noted in the press.

Linny
Sep. 8, 2009, 02:52 AM
I saw Ramon walk off the course, saddle in hand. He was unhurt. He stayed on the track with they horse for about 5 minutes before leaving, probably when the horse was put down. Todo K's right front was badly injured and he was fighting Ramon and then the outriders. It was a very sad end to an otherwise very good meet.