PDA

View Full Version : Jockeys TV Show - Yeay or Neigh?

EFA
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:46 PM
Does anyone watch that show on Animal Planet called Jockeys? I've been Tivoing it and watching it with my sweetie. He likes it - I do too - I've learned quite a bit about racing in general and especially about how hard it is to get good rides (true across the horse world).

But there are a few things that bug me about the show:

1) The producers don't give their viewers a whole lot of credit for their horse knowledge. When they were introducing one of the horses, Bullybullybully, Kristin Mulhall and Chantal Sutherland took him out of his stall to tell his story. They were standing there calling him by name and fussing over him and he was dark bay with a star and a snip. They were making like this was the actual horse. Then, when it came time for him to race, he turned out to be a Chestnut with a star. Sheesh! Did they think we wouldn't notice?

2) All the falls they show at the beginning of the show. Horses crashing and tumbling. I don't need to see that over and over. I guess they're trying to suck in Joe Average viewer.

Thoughts?

EponaRoan
Sep. 7, 2009, 01:16 PM
There's already a long thread on this that addresses your concerns:

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=181092

eventergirl97
Sep. 7, 2009, 03:32 PM
definite neah. I have been around jockies before and they don't act like that. Its all set up.