PDA

View Full Version : so my dressage season is over !

Leena
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone !

Yesterday was my final in dressage and I brought the big boy Lancer, 4 yrs to it. He was fabulous so we placed 4th and 6th in dressage Intro.
That is an achievement for this fellow since we began with a very tense horse..we discover he was sore in his feet, then later need a good job in hi teeth..so was showing inconfort.
On my health side, 2 weeks ago I had violent allergic reaction on chemos, we had to stop the medicine and last week I felt real bad, praying to be ok for yesterday.

So here some pictures:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/Leena_photos/P9060069.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/Leena_photos/P9060071.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/Leena_photos/P9060027.jpg

So it was a very tough season, riding ans showing 2 young horses under chemos, fitting like a ragging bull that %$?&* cancer.
Still, working on my position, the strenght I have left over, managing the greenies progression.

Your support was ROCK !

I could not expect more from a lot of people that support and constantly request update...

So this final, these positions are my tribute for my battle and this morning, it is my pleasure to share this with all of you !!!

Dune
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:06 AM
Keep up the hard work, you are an inspiration! :yes:

cyriz's mom
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
Congrats!!

I can't imagine the battle you've been through, but know that your attitude and perserverance has truly been an inspiration.

Tilly
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:02 PM
Keep up the hard work, you are an inspiration! :yes:

Ditto! Congratulations, and your attitude amazes me. I know many people who would just give up.

BumbleBee
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:14 PM
Leena I have always read your posts but never posted. You are an inspiration. I can't get my act together enough to show and I am not enduring chemo. I don't know how you do it but good job!

I wish you good health.

horsetales
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the pics, he is beautiful and its great to see you were able to battle on and ride.

hoopoe
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:18 PM
It looks like it was a beautiful weekend.

Congrats on all your accomplishments. I will keep you in mind as I go about my work this week.

grayarabpony
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:54 PM
So glad you got to go to the show! You guys look great!

friesian4me
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:57 PM
You make a beautiful team together. Keep up the fight!

pintopiaffe
Sep. 7, 2009, 02:12 PM
How wonderful Elene! What an amazing season!

THANK YOU for posting the very inspirational pictures and reports. You continue to be in thoughts and prayers, keep fighting my friend!

preferred
Sep. 7, 2009, 02:13 PM
Leena,

You are inspiring to more people than you can ever know! When you are at your chemo sessions if they are in the community style room talk energetically about your love of the horse and the sport, you will bring joy and hope to the others!

Enjoy your horse, you ride with angels.

in my work I see too many people give up hope, you have the power and the strength!

thatmoody
Sep. 7, 2009, 03:12 PM
Congratulations and thank you - you are due for a rest, I think...but only a short one :D

Leena
Sep. 7, 2009, 03:13 PM
Thank you !!!

Yes too many people gives up, that is sad. But it highly depend on how they support the chemos treatments; I have the chance to have a strong body and a good blood balance so for a long time chemos did not affected me that much.

Also I am a very positive person and a fighter. I have held job position where being a fighter was a quality and I would never take a no for an answer. Along the way, it became a game for me.

Now with cancer, I do help a lot others affected by...I can see their sadness, see how scare they are, how sad also.

This change so much things in my personnal riding to the positive even if I loose ability and very often suffer a great lack of energy, I really questionned and search for a better way of riding which allow me to ride still.

It brought me to the road to built my horses for a better obedience, to ride them in their brain. This has forced me to ride with a better confidence in my aids and improve my authority with my horses.

Now I can testify that when the horses are well educated, really respond to aids...Then you have a partner. Also listening to the horses, to what make them spook or act wrong is a better security for me so I can rule out of what is going wrong.

nuts4cowboybutts
Sep. 7, 2009, 04:10 PM
You and your horse look great together. Congratulations.

And thank you for being an inspiration and by not giving up. Your good spirits and willingness to go forward serve as a lesson to me.

spotted mustang
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:24 PM
congratulations! You and your handsome boy look great together! May you kick that cancer in the arse and ride on many more seasons. Hugs to ya :)

JRG
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:31 PM
I certainly looks like you finished your season on a very high note!! You are wonderful.

dwblover
Sep. 7, 2009, 06:50 PM
You guys look amazing! I'm so glad you felt well enough to go to the show. I hope you continue to feel better and better each day.

Puddin Pie
Sep. 7, 2009, 07:54 PM
Leena-you are an inspiration and my hero!!! I am so amazed at what you do, given what you are battling, and with greenies to boot!! My husband has survived a brain tumor and has turned to running as his therapy-horses have certainly been your therapy and outlet. All the best of love and good wishes from the Southeast!

canyonoak
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:07 PM
Leena, thank you for posting. Your courage and good humor shine through even on the page.

We are ALL so fortunate to have horses in our lives.

thinking good thoughts for health and joy for you and all you love.

Leena
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:24 PM
Many thanks !!!

Your comments are a gift and such a good reward; at the least my own experience can inspire someone somewhere.

I am happy !!!

And as Cathy Morelli once told me; Let's keep riding !!!

Nanerpus
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:24 PM
You look fantastic!!!!!!