PDA

View Full Version : USDF All Breed Award Question

bossmare18
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:25 AM
So USDF is closed today.

I know that the award uses the horses median score. But there is a rule about a maximium number of scores that you can have from a specific judge.

Does anyone know this rule? I can't find it written anywhere, but I know this rule kept me just out of getting an award (as my breed association only recognizes the top AA, top two for Open).

I have 2 scores from judge A and 2 scores from judge B. And a score from judge A and B that was combined (the test was double judged). So are any of the scores dropped? If so which one?

I have 3 shows worth of points and I can get into another one by the end of the month to get my minimum number of shows. I have enough scores, with enough different judges.

Any help would be appreciated.

yaya
Sep. 7, 2009, 10:54 AM
For multiple-judge combinations, as long as one judge of the combination is changed, then it counts as a separate judge. (ie AB is different from AC which is different from BC)

So I believe the double-judged test counts separately as it is a different combination than either judge alone.

And I couldn't find it on the website either, but the USDF directory says:
All eligible scores are recorded, however, only the top two scores from each individual judge will count towards the median score calculation.

Dune
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
There was a thread about this on page 3, do a search, very good information.

luv2piaffe
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:20 AM
you take the top two scores from each judge. So you would have to ask them about the combined score.

for example, I had a judge that gave me a 74%, a 72%, and a 71%. For my median score they only counted the 74% and 72%, the lower score was dropped.

preferred
Sep. 7, 2009, 02:16 PM
you are only considered if you have a min of 4 shows. can someone confirm the 2 scores from each judge? I'm having a hard time figuring out my score as well. thanks

bossmare18
Sep. 7, 2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks, but I am still confused. I went back and re-read the other thread, I posted there first warning the OP about this rule about only two scores per judge count, others will be dropped.

2 scores from judge A
2 scores from judge B
1 score double judged (average score from judge A and B)

Do any get dropped? I would honestly love to drop the combined score from judge A/B, it is my lowest of the season.

I really wish the rules were all on the USDF website, but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks again

yaya
Sep. 7, 2009, 04:55 PM
The rules are all in the USDF Directory.

Your double-judged score should not get dropped, as the judge combination is considered a separate judge from the other two.

And to confirm about the two scores - In the USDF directory, it is as I quoted - they only accept the two highest scores from any judge. (any extra scores get dropped)

bossmare18
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:01 PM
How do I get to the USDF directory?

NJRider
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:40 PM
I looked at my directory AND the rules on the site. The site does not have as many details. This to me is pretty stupid, why not list all the rules as written in the directory?
If you are a USDF member you should have been mailed a USDF directory in the early Spring. If you did not receive one, you should contact them and ask for one.
The Directory states "All eligible scores are recorded, however, only the top 2 scores from each judge will count towards the medial score calculation."

bossmare18
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:46 PM
Ah...I did recieve one, but how knows where it is...Thanks so much

sin-d
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:52 PM
You can only have two scores from one judge. If you have multiple judges for one test, the judge at "C" is the judge of record, but it is the final score based on the average of all judges. So if you had a judge at C and one at E, the judge at C is the one that you can only have one other score from, but the score counted is the FINAL score you got on that test.

I am very familiar with the rules.

bossmare18
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:57 PM
Ahhh...that makes so much sense! Thanks