PDA

View Full Version : WOW! CANTER PA mare

Seven-up
Sep. 7, 2009, 06:17 AM
http://canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=682:daydreamin-daisy&catid=58:pa-trainer-listings&Itemid=91&directory=91

Daydreamin Daisy

I'm swooning.:eek: That is one hot little number! Somebody go get her NOW!

horsechick
Sep. 7, 2009, 06:22 AM
any thoughts on her pedigree for use as a broodmare? I'm not familiar with TB lines...

Seven-up
Sep. 7, 2009, 07:10 AM
Someone will know better than me. Mr Prospector is a biggie. But I don't know any more than that.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/daydreamin+daisy

Tazman09
Sep. 7, 2009, 07:14 AM
She really is a looker! Beautiful mare.

YankeeLawyer
Sep. 7, 2009, 07:22 AM
I noticed that recently Canter has had some *really* lovely looking horses. I only look at their ads from time to time but it seems like the horses they have now are even nicer than usual.

Seven-up
Sep. 7, 2009, 07:29 AM
PA almost always has a few really amazing ones. And they're cheap, too. You hardly ever see one over 3K. CA's got great ones too, (that's where I got Rosie) but they're a little more pricey and it's a smaller selection than PA.

Don't tell Rosie, but I almost think I'd trade her for this chestnut.

appdream
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:41 AM
Not For Love in her top line is very popular. I don't see anything in her bottom line that pops out at me, but I'm no expert.

I spent a few days last week with a Not For Love daughter. She is huge with great conformation and a lovely temperment. She has past this on to her foal.

The foal is a blanket Appaloosa and won his Hunter Breeding class. The mare was reserve champion broodmare.

KBEquine
Sep. 7, 2009, 10:35 AM
I know her sire Duckhorn very well - she's from his first foal crop. We had a filly from his 3rd. She was smart, easy to work with. My husband sees Duckhorn a lot when he works with Xanthus Farm's young stock & always says he'd make a great sporthorse sire.

If you want to see Duckhorn & some other Duckhorn babies, cruise the Xanthus website.

http://www.xanthus-farm.com/index.html

I don't know much about the dam's side for sporthorse prospects - her dam's grandsire, Cure The Blues, was a nice stallion who sired several race champions in several countries - his 2nd dam was 3/4 in blood to Secretariat (i.e., by Secretariat's sire & out of Secretariat's dam's half-sister).

I looked at this mare's ad, too, and thought she could make a nice sporthorse or a sporthorse broodmare prospect.

pony grandma
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:08 AM
:sadsmile: Too far....
:sadsmile: No money....
:sadsmile: Full barn ....
:sadsmile: I know several teenage girls whose parents can't do the right thing for them ....
:sadsmile:

LittleGray
Sep. 7, 2009, 02:13 PM
She has legs for days! WOW!

Molly99
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:34 PM
She is cute and the woman that has her is known for being very up front about issues, etc.

She has had quite a few good ones over the years leave the track for the show ring and tends to have treated them all in a manner that makes it easier to make that transition.

Sing Mia Song
Sep. 8, 2009, 11:18 AM
I know her sire Duckhorn very well - she's from his first foal crop. We had a filly from his 3rd. She was smart, easy to work with. My husband sees Duckhorn a lot when he works with Xanthus Farm's young stock & always says he'd make a great sporthorse sire.

Duckhorn hasn't had much opportunity, but I agree that he'd make a nice sporthorse sire.

The dam's sire, Dr. Adagio, is a nice hunter sire. I've seen several of his foals and they have almost always been good movers. Olin Armstrong bought one out of the Fasig-Tipton sale a couple years ago for a shocking price for an OTTB. It was a lovely horse.

This is a nice mare who appears to have all the parts! I'd snap her up if I had the spare money and time to make it worthwhile.