PDA

View Full Version : Pikeurs, sizing question.

DancingQueen
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:18 AM
I put myself in charge of ordering a big lot of Pikeurs from Europe for everybody at the barn.
They are almost half the price, so I'm willing to make whatever I ordered for myself fit by hook or by crook!:lol:

I've got 17 out of 20 pairs needed for the bigger discount so I thought I'd get a few extra pairs to sell on e-bay.

I did a bit of research on e-bay and couldn't find anything to compare with.

What woud you say was the best size to get to sell online for $170+?

Also, I've never tried them on but I've heard they run long in the leg?

EAY
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:32 AM
Size 26 regular.:)

Movin Artfully
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:53 AM
Honestly, you will have a tough time selling for $170+ on ebay. I routinely see Pikeurs going in the $100-125 range.

Lkramer
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:05 AM
They are NOT half the price... The Euro is worth 40% more than the dollar. With shipping, you will be paying about the same as you would buying from Dover.

heartinrye
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:14 AM
They are NOT half the price... The Euro is worth 40% more than the dollar. With shipping, you will be paying about the same as you would buying from Dover.

Nope. These are from England (I'm assuming you're using Amria-Equi?), and since the US doesn't have to pay VAT, they ARE half price plus the shipping is way faster than dover.

Elementgrl2
Sep. 7, 2009, 11:49 AM
why not just support your local tack store and buy them......

Jumper6252
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:37 PM
why not just support your local tack store and buy them......

Because they're $300 in the U.S. and you could buy two pairs from amira equi for about the same price.

heartinrye
Sep. 7, 2009, 01:23 PM
Because they're $300 in the U.S. and you could buy two pairs from amira equi for about the same price.

Yup. I think they're actually $315 now.

Alterrain
Sep. 7, 2009, 03:57 PM
PLUS amira-equi has all the awesome colors that we don't have here!

I think 28 reg (40) is the most common size I see, although I think you should get them in 22 reg Moss Green and sell them on the CoTH bb!! :)

MountainGirl7
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:06 PM
I have worked in the equine fashion industry for many years... 28, 28L, 30, and 30L are by far the most common breech sizes. 26 and 26L sell quickly as well. Pikeurs do run slightly longer than some other brands; which seems weird to us here in the US but in Europe it is actually quite common.

Have fun with your ordering - you should have many more color options than you can get over here!

Lucassb
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:20 PM
I buy from Amira Equi all the time and love both the prices and the service. I am a big fan of the Pikeur Ciara breeches - the fit is flattering and they are so comfortable!!! Plus, Amira's shipping is not only faster than Dover's - it's cheaper. Quite amazing given they are in another country, whereas Dover is one state away...

Right now the exchange rate is pretty favorable so they are also a much better deal purchased from abroad; my hubby just got me a pair (for luck at an upcoming finals, how cool is that?!?!)

Tha Ridge
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:23 PM
How about you pool with some COTHers for the other three pairs? I'm sure there are several of us who would love to order a pair and save some $$$.

Couture TB
Sep. 7, 2009, 08:54 PM
Wow. Maybe I should go buy the ones at my local tack shop that she has in the sale bin for $70-$100 each and sell them. I myself love my Dublins but that is because they fit my short legs so well!:lol:

touchstone-
Sep. 8, 2009, 11:28 AM
Out of curiosity, where are you finding the discount price? I've been wanting a pair of these for ages, but can't stomach the price tag.

Tha Ridge
Sep. 8, 2009, 05:29 PM
Out of curiosity, where are you finding the discount price? I've been wanting a pair of these for ages, but can't stomach the price tag.

Amira Equi (www.amirashop.co.uk) has them for US$174.82 with no VAT, and shipping is $24.65, so the total comes to $199.47. Much cheaper than anywhere you can find them here.

rottngirl
Sep. 8, 2009, 07:00 PM
Amira Equi (www.amirashop.co.uk) has them for US$174.82 with no VAT, and shipping is $24.65, so the total comes to $199.47. Much cheaper than anywhere you can find them here.

But the big deal is that it takes about 2 months to get them once you place your order. They don't carry much at all in stock, like a few in white. Whatever you order has to be sent to Pikeur for fulfillment, then back to Amira, then overseas to you.

If you are willing to wait and grab some before the GPB goes up against the dollar (they are $205 today) you can get them cheaper on that side of the pond.

PS- obviously know your size cause exchanges overseas are tough.

And watch out for the pesky customs fees at 10%. ;)

Tha Ridge
Sep. 8, 2009, 07:17 PM
But the big deal is that it takes about 2 months to get them once you place your order. They don't carry much at all in stock, like a few in white. Whatever you order has to be sent to Pikeur for fulfillment, then back to Amira, then overseas to you.

If you are willing to wait and grab some before the GPB goes up against the dollar (they are $205 today) you can get them cheaper on that side of the pond.

I've heard quite the opposite from multiple people. Not sure why you're so cynical.

rottngirl
Sep. 8, 2009, 08:01 PM
I've heard quite the opposite from multiple people. Not sure why you're so cynical.

Nothing cynical about my post, it's just my experience.

I have bought 3 pairs of Ciara's from them and each pair took over 8 weeks to receive.

Email from them on my last shipment:

Thank you for your e-mail, your breeches are on order with Pikeur and are scheduled for delivery towards the end of the month.

Pikeur are experiencing delays in their manufacturing schedule due to the vast amount of orders they are receiving. They have assured us they are doing their best to get orders out as quickly as possible and are now rapidly catching up.

As soon as your breeches arrive we will dispatch them to you immediately and notify you by e-mail.

Regards

Amira Group

DancingQueen
Sep. 8, 2009, 08:47 PM
Not sure about other sources and I did tell my barnmates to order a size up if they thought they would grow much more before WEF :winkgrin:!!!
We don't enjoy indoors too much up here so we are pretty much done showing until spring season anyways.

I'm ordering fromsomebopdy with a tack store at home and she claims she has most sizes/colors in stock and can ship most of it here here within a few weeks. The price before shipping is $152 and change but I'm over charging a little (a lot, actually). I'm making them give me more since I don't know what shipping and tax will come down to. I figured it's better for me to hand out twenties or tens on the back end then having to ask for more money!
If it takes her a few weeks to get it together, I'm still fine with it. Bevals is the closest shop to us, I think they are over $310 there and I get them for ~$170. (Unless customs disagree with my classification of the product).
Dover has them for $239, still a good savings unless you need them right now wich none of us do. I'll personally wait 8 weeks to save $210 (I'm getting three pairs for myself).

I have also been looking at calevo.com they will give you a very nice price ($146 before shipping) if you order for more then 500 euro which is 5 or more pairs. They will also continue their 10% discount for a whole year in a farm name or whatever!
Shipping there is 25 Euro for anything less then 5 kilos and an added 4 euro for every kilo above that. 1 kilo is about 1/2 pound btw. It would be a good place to check out if you want to put a list together for yuor own barn. Their discount is for everything wheras I have negotiated a 20% discount on the Pikeurs only if we get enough pairs form my source.

I'm ordering from my girl because I have a few men ordering and she sells the Rodrigos for almost the same price as the Ciaras as opposed to Calevo where they will be quite a bit more. I'm just trying to be fair, and let's face it, we all want the men riding at our barn to look smart, right?:D

I'm a little ambivalent, my sister ran a tack store before she married and I know she had an overhead to carry and couldn't compete with online or factory stores. On the other hand, I can't afford to pay $310 for breeches but somebody is selling them for cheaper and I really want them! *shrugs shoulders*

Good to know that they are not selling for very much on E-bay. I will probably just get a few extra pairs then that is the same size as what my best friends oredered and keep them handy for their B-days!:D

Orchid
Sep. 9, 2009, 05:12 AM
Shipping there is 25 Euro for anything less then 5 kilos and an added 4 euro for every kilo above that. 1 kilo is about 1/2 pound btw.

FYI: 1kg (kilogram) = 2.2lbs ; 1lb = .45kg

Could change your calculations in terms of shipping, just thought I'd clarify that :)

DancingQueen
Oct. 4, 2009, 05:21 AM
Hah I knew that! ....sort of. What I meant to say was that 1lb is about 1/2 kilo. I thought it one way in my head but it came out completely different in writing! LOL

Lucassb
Oct. 4, 2009, 09:20 AM

That hasn't been my experience, and I buy from them frequently. The longest I've ever had to wait for Pikeurs from Amira is 7 days, and that included the (international) shipping time. And for the record, I buy the hunter-appropriate Ciaras in safari (and in a normal size... 30L.)

broughton_sporthorses
Oct. 4, 2009, 08:12 PM
Just wanted to add that I have ordered through Calevo many times and they are great! Shipping isn't the quickest though, it varies. I think you can get express shipping to the US though, but it would be pricey.

The main problem is with Pikeur- a lot of the "different" colours and styles are not in stock, and they have to make them at the factory which could take 6-8 weeks.