PDA

View Full Version : Good Trainers for Working Students

showscene
Sep. 6, 2009, 09:44 PM
Hey,

I am a college student seeking a working student position for the month of January... I am probably looking to go somewhere in the South, but am open to other areas. If I could get to experience WEF or Ocala with a good trainer, even better. Any suggestions? Who among the BNT's would be a good (or bad) choice for a working student? Basically, I am looking for education and experience with hunters and jumpers.
Thanks!

heartinrye
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:33 AM
Working students usually aren't taken on for one month, esp for Florida. Maybe consider getting a job at home and save the money and pay for a clinic with a BNT or something.

findeight
Sep. 7, 2009, 02:57 PM
Start with your at home trainer and ask for recommendations...but closer to home.

For one thing, the main circuits down there are in Feb. For another, most barns on that level have paid, pro help for those circuits or allow their own client kids to work off some lessons, most are not going to let an unknown start there and there are already plenty of riders.

This type of thing is all word of mouth so start at home and go to work there to build a reputation as a hard worker and develop the contacts you will need to find a position with one of the better barns that are very hard to hook up with because so many are in line-including their own clients.