PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Toulouse saddle with an X wide tree?

acoustic
Sep. 6, 2009, 09:43 PM
Saw that Toulouse is offering their trees in extra wide now. I was hoping someone has seen one and can tell me if they truely are a WIDE saddle. It's so hit or miss on the tree sizes of different brands and I haven't found one yet that's not a stock photo to help me decide if it would even be worth a look.

JB
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:20 PM
Check with dbtoo - she took a picture of an XW Annice.

I don't know that all the models come with XW though.

acoustic
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:45 PM
Not all the models do, but the ones that I'm interested in do have the XW option. I think that they are expanding to include more models though.

I trialed a Padjette in wide (it also comes in XW now) that I loved, but it wasn't quite wide enough for my horse. Fat Arabs, whatca gonna do? I wanted a Black Country more than anything (nearly perfect fit, their wide), but it is out of my price range and I'll be hard pressed to sell my western saddle to be able to afford it, I love pole bending and playday shows too much :D

Thanks so much, I'll shoot her a PM soon!

JB
Sep. 7, 2009, 09:17 AM
From what I know, the Padjette runs a little smaller than the Premia, if that helps.

keep checking around for used BCs :)

buck22
Sep. 7, 2009, 02:02 PM
I have an XW aachen dressage and it fits W, its not wide enough for my round morgan. Every toulouse I've had I find the W fits like MW, and none have been wide enough for my horse. I also have a W BC and that is plenty wide for my morgan.

dbtoo
Sep. 9, 2009, 07:25 PM
Yes, the Padjette is the narrowest model. The Annice does come in XW and the tack shop owner says that people use it on their Friesans and draft crosses. It looked really wide to me.

Little Indian
Sep. 9, 2009, 08:23 PM
is your local tack shop able to order in a sample from M Toulouse?