PDA

View Full Version : Picture Suggestions?

make x it x so
Sep. 6, 2009, 09:22 PM
Ok, so I NEVER buy photos from the show photographers EVER except maybe once or twice in my life. However, this year at the Hampton Classic, I was incredibly proud of my horse's behavior, and I NEED a nice picture to remember it. The basic story is, last year we didn't even make it around the course (a combination of my bad riding and his greenness), and this year we managed to be 3rd and 10th in the local jr hunters and 3rd and 9th in the Children's Hunters. Needless to say, we were VERY PLEASED.

Usually I just print out pictures my dad takes, but he didn't get any really good ones this year, and he doesn't have as big/fast a lens as the pros do, so the pictures are never quite as amazing.

Here are the pictures I'm choosing between (ignore my bad leg position!!!). Feel free to browse through the others, but I pretty much eliminated all of the others for one reason or another.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=09IK00DIER0002&po=2

Which ones does everyone like best, and why?

supershorty628
Sep. 6, 2009, 09:42 PM
All 3 links took me to the same picture. It's a cute picture, though. So far, I'm voting for that one.

Edit: I scrolled through all of them and like #1 a lot too.

make x it x so
Sep. 6, 2009, 09:58 PM
The ones I liked were 1, 3, and 11.

I think I'm going to end up with 3 because overall I like the composition of the photo, his position, and my position. The others there are little things that I don't like about one or more of those attributes.

Equino
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:07 PM
If I were to buy 2 I'd pick #1 and #11!

reefy!
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:14 PM
If I were to buy 2 I'd pick #1 and #11!

Ditto - those are both beautiful!

Wizard of Oz's
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:36 PM
I like 11 more than 3. If it were me I'd definately choose 11.

make x it x so
Sep. 6, 2009, 10:43 PM
You guys are going to make me end up buying more than one! I love 3 and 11, but I was leaning toward 11, then my mom, dad, and trainer all like 3, so then I was leaning toward that one.... Ahhh this is (partially) why I never buy pictures: I'm HORRIBLE at making decisions!

Wizard of Oz's
Sep. 6, 2009, 11:09 PM
Buy both!:)

make x it x so
Sep. 6, 2009, 11:53 PM
Buy both!:)

I might have to! I was going to get a 5x7 of one of them, but maybe I'll go for a 4x6 of each. I wish pictures weren't so expensive!

hideyourheart03
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:07 AM
I like #3 the best. I will say, Shawn is one of the best photographers to order from. He doesn't charge outrageous fees for usage of the photos, etc. He's awesome.

make x it x so
Sep. 7, 2009, 12:16 AM
I like #3 the best. I will say, Shawn is one of the best photographers to order from. He doesn't charge outrageous fees for usage of the photos, etc. He's awesome.

That's good to know. As I said, I don't order often so I wouldn't know who's good to deal with and who isn't. Out of all the photogs, he got the most consistently nice pictures of me at the Hamptons (other photogs got one MAYBE 2 good pics of me each...at shawn's site I'm having trouble deciding which I like best!)

spmoonie
Sep. 7, 2009, 10:15 AM
I vote for number 1! :)

Nski32
Sep. 9, 2009, 09:46 PM
I vote for #3, and I actually kind of like #8 too. #11 is nice, but the background in #3 makes the photo much more beautiful!