PDA

View Full Version : Brown Helmet/Navy Coat...what color gloves?

spmoonie
Sep. 6, 2009, 05:24 PM
I am thinking about getting a brown CO Hampton eventually that I would wear with my navy coat (I personally like the look). What color gloves would be appropriate? Black or brown?

Quinn
Sep. 6, 2009, 05:40 PM
I "believe" your gloves should match your boots.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

Seven-up
Sep. 6, 2009, 05:44 PM
I second that. Black gloves, nothing but black gloves in hunters. If you're doing jumpers, then anything goes. But hunters? Black.

fourmares
Sep. 7, 2009, 01:06 AM
I think technically your hat, gloves and belt should all match your boots... so I say brown gloves, and you should order yourself a lovely pair of custom brown feild boots. :)

Wedonit
Sep. 7, 2009, 05:52 PM
I've worn a brown helmet for like the last 6 years or so, including A shows such as Lexington. It looks about the same as a black one faded by the sun. I've worn it with a navy coat, a charcoal gray coat, a (summer) tan coat ... and one time a hunter green coat. I have both brown and black gloves. I prefer the brown, but wear whatever gloves come out of my garment bag first. And I don't care that it doesn't match the boots. I would never get brown boots and disagree about the hat/glove/boot thing for the hunters (agree for the equitation -- brown hat is not appropriate). I'm pretty into turnout -- more than most -- and can say with certainty that a brown helmet looks fine with whatever gloves you prefer to wear.

neutral milk hotel
Sep. 7, 2009, 06:35 PM
I show with a navy coat, a brown CO Hampton, and have both brown and black gloves. I love the look of the brown gloves with the dark brown helmet; both are subtle. I show in the equitation, but it's IHSA now.. so less formal.

spmoonie
Sep. 7, 2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks guys! I show in equitation, but more on a local level (B & C rated shows). I have seen other riders wearing less formal stuff, so I dont think a brown helmet would be too much of an issue. :winkgrin: